General Enable Google Pixel 6 Pro to use Verizon’s faster C-Band 5G on A12

Search This thread

rester555

Oct 27, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
So I was driving to work this morning, and I noticed band 5 in the app cellmapper (in the app network cell info lite it shows band 1 for all c-band towers). It had the words NSA next to it instead of LTE. Not sure what band 5 is but it shows the icon 5G for it.

Edit: Confirmed cellmapper app works with determining 5G c-band when using Android 12 with Android 13 dp1 radio. The app shows b78. It confirms what @LLStarks said. It reports b78.
Screenshot_20220217-083202.png

With c-band n78 showing with full bars, the speed test is favorable.

Screenshot_20220217-084336.png

Last edited:
Reactions: MArtyChubbs

aliantonio

Mar 7, 2013
I'm running Android 12L beta 3 on my unlocked P6P (Verizon sim) and I still do not have the 5G UW icon, nor the speeds. Perhaps I'm not in the covered area although the Verizon coverage map says that I am. I was told on a different thread that if you are on the old unlimited data plan on Verizon that you would not get access to the 5G UW band. Does anyone know if this is true?

ajent

Jul 29, 2007
FL
OnePlus 7 Pro
I'm running Android 12L beta 3 on my unlocked P6P (Verizon sim) and I still do not have the 5G UW icon, nor the speeds. Perhaps I'm not in the covered area although the Verizon coverage map says that I am. I was told on a different thread that if you are on the old unlimited data plan on Verizon that you would not get access to the 5G UW band. Does anyone know if this is true?
This is correct. Verizon considers C band as UWB as well so you only get access to the nationwide 5G if you're on a grandfathered data plan.

Top Liked Posts