Enable LTE Band 4 and AWS on 930DS using QPST and QXDM

Search This thread

iRS_

Sep 14, 2010
Bucharest
i do not know if it works on v30 but i did it on an american nexus 5 to enable europe's 4g bands :)

Roddydesu

May 6, 2018
Also trying to get this to work. I enabled diagnostics mode on my V30 but it doesn't seem like QXDM is actually reading the NV items for me. Nobody seems to know or care about this topic since I've posted several times before but got no replies. There's also a "board dl" option in LGUP which might do something but right now I'm still trying the QXDM way

Sent from my LG-H930 using XDA Labs

ChazzMatt

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
Also trying to get this to work. I enabled diagnostics mode on my V30 but it doesn't seem like QXDM is actually reading the NV items for me. Nobody seems to know or care about this topic since I've posted several times before but got no replies. There's also a "board dl" option in LGUP which might do something but right now I'm still trying the QXDM way
I messed with QXDM and QPST extensively in early 2015 for Moto XT1225, but not since.

I still have the NV Calculator app on my phone. ;)

Good luck.

Roddydesu

May 6, 2018
I messed with QXDM and QPST extensively in early 2015 for Moto XT1225, but not since.

I still have the NV Calculator app on my phone. ;)

Good luck.

Any expertise to share? I can get the V30 to Diag Mode and my laptop recognizes it, but QXDM reads all the NV items as 0, which I don't think is what's supposed to happen. Am I missing something?

^I'm_With_Stupid

Apr 2, 2013
Any expertise to share? I can get the V30 to Diag Mode and my laptop recognizes it, but QXDM reads all the NV items as 0, which I don't think is what's supposed to happen. Am I missing something?

I know this is an old thread but I took a crack at it and thought this would be a good place to post what I found. So, for the most part, I got the same result. From what I can tell it is possible to edit NV values on the v30 since reading some values in the browser does product a valid result, and if you write to values they stick. But, it appears the LTE NV values are "inactive" and attempting to read them returns "NV Status Error Received: Item Inactive". It must be that the LG v30 stores the band configuration somewhere else, and this might be the case for all new phones maybe.

One thing I know for sure at least, it is impossible to enable bands past band 60 because the NV Browser won't accept decimal values past a certain length. We cannot even begin to enable band 71 because it will not accept a value the length it would need to be to enable band 71.

Here is the decimal value to enable all H932 bands: 1217485110514501027935
Inputting that returns "Bad Value Discarded" for me

The longest value it accepts is 12174851105145010279

If band 71 is going to be activated, it will have to be done a different way. If someone had a h932 and an h930, and got a copy of the modem software for each, they could compare differences and maybe where band 71 is would reveal itself.