Enable Native Call Recording [OOS] [ROOT/NON-ROOT] [APP/MAGISK MODULE/ADB/TASKER]

shadowstep

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Jun 6, 2014
Ambala
Hello everyone. I have OP5 with android 9, i use first method without root (my phone has never seen root, etc), and after a while option "Call record" disappears from the dialer.
Sorry for my english, i hope u will help me
Without root, it will disappear. You have to run the adb command again to bring it back.

TorqueWrench001

Dec 12, 2010
Philadelphia
Hello, I' having trouble getting this to work on my OnePlus 7 Pro, android version OOS 10.3.7. ( I previously had the xXx magisk module rom installed but it is uninstalled now, I still have the Smurf kernel Installed.) I've tried the Magisk module 9.2, (Magisk version 20.4) and the apk several times each, with uninstall and reboot between all attempts. everything seems to go fine , I open the settings on the phone app and the call recording selection is there, but when I select it I keep getting a pop up that says
"for using call recording, please grant Microphone and Storage permissions for Phone first".

Edit: Full wipe/factory reset all is good now.

Last edited:

cioce

Sep 21, 2013
Hi, I'm using first European beta of Android 11 on OnePlus Nord with this dialer and contact
but the magisk module doesn't enable call recoding, any idea? Android 11? Apks not ok?
Like in Android 10, the default dialer is Google, reason why I have installed the Oneplus version.

EDIT:
Using EnableOOSNativeCallRecording v2.0.apk now call recoding is working!

Last edited:

cioce

Sep 21, 2013
After some day of test I can't understand why sometimes the Recording disappear from the phone app options, reopen Enable Call Recording app fix it but doesn't remain active all day, and is not related to phone reboot.

shadowstep

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Jun 6, 2014
Ambala
After some day of test I can't understand why sometimes the Recording disappear from the phone app options, reopen Enable Call Recording app fix it but doesn't remain active all day, and is not related to phone reboot.
In the latest OOS versions, the TeleService system app disables native call recording if it has been enabled manually and shouldn't have been enabled in the first place. There is no workaround for that if you're using the app to enable the feature. Use the Magisk module and the option won't disappear.

cioce

Sep 21, 2013
I have installed the Dialer, Contact and sms app from your magisk module OnePlus Apps v1.0.zip
but unfortunately with the magisk module v9.2 the call recording option doesn't appear 😕

Please let me know if you need some logs.

Last edited:

cioce

Sep 21, 2013
I finally understand when the recoding options disappear, simple after activate and deactivate FLY mode, is it possible to add this detection into the Enable Call Recording app ?

shadowstep

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Jun 6, 2014
Ambala
I finally understand when the recoding options disappear, simple after activate and deactivate FLY mode, is it possible to add this detection into the Enable Call Recording app ?
Fly mode? No idea what's that, sorry.
This magisk manager doesn't work anymore in my Oneplus8pro EU ROM 11.0.3.3
( "com.android.phone" error when open phone app). Any chance to make it work again ?
Magisk Manager doesn't work? That's a Magisk issue. Nothing to do with call recording, unfortunately.

cioce

Sep 21, 2013
Fly mode? No idea what's that, sorry.
Airplane Mode or Fly mode, after turn it ON during the night, and OFF in the morning, the Recording options disappear, hope now is clear.

Unfortunately with the magisk module v9.2 the call recording option doesn't appear and the Enable Call Recording app didn't receive any update since 2017, please let me know if you need some logs to make the magisk module running also on OnePlus nord.

Last edited:

shadowstep

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Jun 6, 2014
Ambala
Airplane Mode or Fly mode, after turn it ON during the night, and OFF in the morning, the Recording options disappear, hope now is clear.

Unfortunately with the magisk module v9.2 the call recording option doesn't appear and the Enable Call Recording app didn't receive any update since 2017, please let me know if you need some logs to make the magisk module running also on OnePlus nord.

I don't think I can add that detection to the Magisk module. Try giving jOnePlus Tools a shot. Maybe it'll work better for you. Good luck!

quini2k

Apr 5, 2011
Sant Antoni de Portmany
I'm still using EnableOOSNativeCallRecording-Flashable v8.0.zip, now ith OxygenOS A11 OpenBeta1 on OP7 and it work's like a charm (y)
Hi! I'm also on OP7 and Android 11 OB1; with both magisk 8.0 & 9.2 modules it records fine (I can hear the recordings through the dialer), but... the recordings are no longer in Record/PhoneRecord, it's empty. Do you know where they're being stored?
Thanks

strongst

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Sep 18, 2007
prolific location
prolific-page.com
Hi! I'm also on OP7 and Android 11 OB1; with both magisk 8.0 & 9.2 modules it records fine (I can hear the recordings through the dialer), but... the recordings are no longer in Record/PhoneRecord, it's empty. Do you know where they're being stored?
Thanks
Yeah I know the path. Indeed, it's a bit tricky to find it, don't know why OP moved the storage to such a silly path:

/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.oneplus.communication.data/files/Record/PhoneRecord

Reactions: quini2k

shadowstep

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Jun 6, 2014
Ambala
Thanks
The path is also mentioned in the first post. :)
Yeah I know the path. Indeed, it's a bit tricky to find it, don't know why OP moved the storage to such a silly path:

/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.oneplus.communication.data/files/Record/PhoneRecord
It's because of Scoped Storage updates in Android 11.