How To Guide Enable Native Call Recording + OP Stock Dialer on OnePlus 10 Pro

Search This thread

Hayatzada

Jul 26, 2013
Lahore
Hi
I found these videos to enable call recording on Oneplus Devices with oneplus dialer, messaging and contacts, Language is not English so follow the video to get profit...

Reactions: abhipanthi

paulga

Sep 25, 2016
Installing the previous version of Joneplus Tools from apkmirror works. Granted adb permissions to the app through LADB (read above) and it seems to work fine.

Also check Techibee's latest video if you want to learn how to properly handle the OP Dialer sometimes not being revealed as the primary Dialer on screen. He also explains how you can access the OP Dialer on incoming calls.

It's a welcome addition to the above advised steps for those who are not in Call Recording native activated regions (Europe, other?...)

Thanks. it helped me out. Not a perfect solution but it works.

my phone is OP 10 pro (NE2213 global version), I would appreciate if someone can post their workaround.

not perfect as, for both incoming and outgoing calls, google dialer will take hold, i have to swipe down to swtich back to OP dialer (and google dialer will appear as a floating bubble as mentioned ). it however still achieved at the purpose.

i would hope to run the below adb grant permission command to use joneplus. just not sure whether i would still have to do the swipe down and switch thing if joneplus worked.

i wouldn't mind connect to pc and repeat that adb command when i have to reboot, so ladb doesn't sound much.

I was able to install joneplus tools 3.6.2 on OP 10 pro (NE2213). it also happened to me that I couldn't get through this critial step
Code:
adb shell pm grant net.jroot3d.joneplustools android.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS

Error message:
Code:
Exception occurred while executing 'grant':
java.lang.SecurityException: grantRuntimePermission: Neither user 2000 nor current process has android.permission.GRANT_RUNTIME_PERMISSIONS.
        at android.app.ContextImpl.enforce(ContextImpl.java:2186)
        at android.app.ContextImpl.enforceCallingOrSelfPermission(ContextImpl.java:2214)
        at com.android.server.pm.permission.PermissionManagerService.grantRuntimePermissionInternal(PermissionManagerService.java:1470)
        at com.android.server.pm.permission.PermissionManagerService.grantRuntimePermission(PermissionManagerService.java:1452)
        at android.permission.PermissionManager.grantRuntimePermission(PermissionManager.java:378)
        at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerShellCommand.runGrantRevokePermission(PackageManagerShellCommand.java:2419)
        at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerShellCommand.onCommand(PackageManagerShellCommand.java:260)
        at com.android.modules.utils.BasicShellCommandHandler.exec(BasicShellCommandHandler.java:97)
        at android.os.ShellCommand.exec(ShellCommand.java:38)
        at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerService.onShellCommand(PackageManagerService.java:25791)
        at android.os.Binder.shellCommand(Binder.java:970)
        at android.os.Binder.onTransact(Binder.java:854)
        at android.content.pm.IPackageManager$Stub.onTransact(IPackageManager.java:4818)
        at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerService.onTransact(PackageManagerService.java:8879)
        at android.os.Binder.execTransactInternal(Binder.java:1226)
        at android.os.Binder.execTransact(Binder.java:1163)

i googled a lot, some ppl suggest to enable the dev option "disable permission monitoring", but it didn't work for this phone.

Have you managed to find out how to grant permission? on the other hand, idk if joneplus tool will successfully turn on call recording even if permission can be granted. the tool has stopped updating since more than two years ago. I would appreciate if you could have some work around to enable the native call recording feature

Last edited:

TomekBiala

Jan 1, 2009
Hi, I bought the phone (oneplus 10 pro) from Amazon's European distribution and unfortunately I can't turn on call recording. I did exactly as it is written in the manual and it does not work. Have any of the users of the European version managed to enable native call recording?

TomekBiala

Jan 1, 2009
Root with magisk blocks google pay and causes problems with banking apps.
I haven't done root for years, is it now possible to do root so that apps don't know that the phone has root? To make gpay work?

TomekBiala

Jan 1, 2009
Do you know a page where clearly and for a layman is described how to install magisk step by step? I will risk root and try to enable recording. But I admit that I'm a little scared 😉

TomekBiala

Jan 1, 2009
i rooted my devices. In fact call recordings is available after installing, but revolut, bank apps etc can't work normally.
Maybe sameone know how make call recordings without root?

Już już

Jun 28, 2022
i rooted my devices. In fact call recordings is available after installing, but revolut, bank apps etc can't work normally.
Cześć Tomek
How it's going on with your OnePlus. I'm looking for a native recording phone right now, and I'm thinking of buying it from aliekspres. Maybe the global version will have native recording and turning it on will not be a problem. Maybe you know something about it.

TomekBiala

Jan 1, 2009
As far as I know at the moment, the version of the phone that is sold in India gives you the opportunity to unlock the recording function. I think this is a matter of joneplustool. Currently using oneplus 8 pro that due to the ability to record (android 11). If I do not find a solution, I will most likely sell oneplus 10 pro. Which is a pity, because the phone is great.

spevil07

Mar 16, 2012
OnePlus 10 Pro
Read about Magisk/Zygisk and denylist.
Also you can try do uninstall Magisk app (only app, not root) before banking.
Works here around 2,5 years without any problem!

bizkit_120

Feb 4, 2014
As far as I know at the moment, the version of the phone that is sold in India gives you the opportunity to unlock the recording function. I think this is a matter of joneplustool. Currently using oneplus 8 pro that due to the ability to record (android 11). If I do not find a solution, I will most likely sell oneplus 10 pro. Which is a pity, because the phone is great.
Hi do you mean android 11 without root call recording still works thru joneplus tool?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys,

Just upgraded from OP7T to OP10 Pro as a European user.
    Call recording functionality does not come with the device here.

Had native call recording enabled on my OP7T through jOnePlus Tools and the likes.
    Jtools Oneplus does not install on our device.
    Don't want to give up this very important functionality.
    I'm sure there's a bunch of peeps here just like me.

To be clear, I haven't succeeded yet and I'm not a developer.
    Hoping someone smarter than me can appreciate what a wonderful breakthrough it would be to make this work on the OP10 Pro.
    I made some progress and have some clues which I'll share in summary below:
    • OP10 Pro comes with Google Dialer, not OnePlus dialer.
      Google dialer natively either prohibits call recording or when succesfully enabled transmits a voice message to the other party disclosing the call is being recorded.

• Enabled developer options by tapping build number 7 times in software version details (About Phone section in Settings)

• In Developer Options: enabled USB debugging & OEM unlocking

• jOnePlus Tools app (Play Store) does not install on our device.
      Dev replied to a review in Play Store he discontinued further development of the app.

• Following page lists what adb shell commands need to be executed to enable native call recording:

• Commands on the previous page do not execute, but come back with an error stating "android.permission.GRANT_RUNTIME_PERMISSIONS" must preceed.

• "pm grant <android app package name> android.permission.GRANT_RUNTIME_PERMISSIONS" is useless if there's no particular app available you want to do the writing

• A YouTube video pointed to the following page providing links to download oos12 working OnePlus Dialer & Contacts app along with instructions to change the default dialer app:

• The apps work as advertised albeit there's a floating balloon from the Google Dialer appearing overlayed on the OP Dialer when in a call.

• After installation, settings of these apps still do not show the option for call recording in the settings options list

• I vaguely remember there's a file, that I think needs root access to get to, that can be opened as a text file, in which you can change how your device interprets the region your device is used in, that afterward allows for the otherwise hidden native call recording function to be revealed. But it's been too long since I performed such an operation and can't even remember the name of this file. Maybe the way I explained it triggers someone's understanding here. I'm wondering if this could be a lead to a remaining thing to do to get that call recording function activated.

• I fiddled a bit with different ways of writing the cmd adb commands, by for example using the app package names of the installed OP dialer and contacts apps within a pm grant command, but I'm too dumb to get it right, so no luck with that.
    Hoping a smarter person here is willing to give it a go and make history :cool:

Cheers and godspeed !
    Hi guys,

Found a solution !
    1.Go to Developer Options.
    2.Scroll to an option near the end of the list called Disable Permission Monitoring --> Enable it.
    3. Install JOneplus Tools + Oppo Dialer + Phone-IncallUI.
    4. Connect PC and Open ADB. Write Command " adb shell pm grant net.jroot3d.joneplustools android.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS "
    5. Open JOnePlus Tools and Enable Call Recorder.
    6. Set app Contact as Default and Disable Google Dialer.
    7. Enjoy. No Google Dialer Bubble

i checked on oneplus 10t
    Hi guys,

Found a solution !
    1. Go to Developer Options.
    2. Scroll to an option near the end of the list called Disable Permission Monitoring --> Enable it & the command ./adb shell settings put global op_voice_recording_supported_by_mcc 1 is now executing.
    3. Make a call from your OnePlus Dialer and behold the native call recording button in all its glory !
    4. Review the call recording from the call log of the number from which you recorded the call OR go to folder Music>Recordings>Call Recordings to find your entire list of call recordings
    Please note that as I understand it, this call recording function will not survive a reboot. We need to re-execute this command in adb upon each reboot for the time being.

I also tried disabling the Google Dialer to get rid of that annoying floating bubble overlay on the OnePlus in-call UI, but that simply destroys the in-call UI alltogether by no longer revealing it! So the person who created those OP apps that work on our devices succeeded at making it work by accepting that floating bubble as part of the workaround.

I noticed that on few occasions the OnePlus dialer does not hijack the call in time and the call goes through the Google Dialer in-call UI instead. Anyway, not complaining now that I found it to work at least.

Going to fiddle around with Tasker or some other app that allows me to automate the above adb command to execute upon each reboot.

Edit: Think I'm way to dumb to figure out how I'm gonna be writing this task. If someone savvy can chime in, that'd be great !

Edit 2: Used the following page tutorial to get a paid app called LADB to work on my device that allows me to execute adb commands OTG:

So for now, upon each reboot, I'll just open up this app (you'll need access to wifi every time) and copy/paste the adb command in there without the ./ adb shell part added at the start. So use just settings put global op_voice_recording_supported_by_mcc 1 and tap enter. Boom ! You got call recording back in case you had to reboot OTG.

Still looking forward to find a savvy chap on this thread that can help with automating that adb command upon each reboot ;)
    Hi guys,

Just upgraded from OP7T to OP10 Pro as a European user.
    Call recording functionality does not come with the device here.

Had native call recording enabled on my OP7T through jOnePlus Tools and the likes.
    Jtools Oneplus does not install on our device.
    Don't want to give up this very important functionality.
    I'm sure there's a bunch of peeps here just like me.

To be clear, I haven't succeeded yet and I'm not a developer.
    Hoping someone smarter than me can appreciate what a wonderful breakthrough it would be to make this work on the OP10 Pro.
    I made some progress and have some clues which I'll share in summary below:
    • OP10 Pro comes with Google Dialer, not OnePlus dialer.
      Google dialer natively either prohibits call recording or when succesfully enabled transmits a voice message to the other party disclosing the call is being recorded.

• Enabled developer options by tapping build number 7 times in software version details (About Phone section in Settings)

• In Developer Options: enabled USB debugging & OEM unlocking

• jOnePlus Tools app (Play Store) does not install on our device.
      Dev replied to a review in Play Store he discontinued further development of the app.

• Following page lists what adb shell commands need to be executed to enable native call recording:

• Commands on the previous page do not execute, but come back with an error stating "android.permission.GRANT_RUNTIME_PERMISSIONS" must preceed.

• "pm grant <android app package name> android.permission.GRANT_RUNTIME_PERMISSIONS" is useless if there's no particular app available you want to do the writing

• A YouTube video pointed to the following page providing links to download oos12 working OnePlus Dialer & Contacts app along with instructions to change the default dialer app:

• The apps work as advertised albeit there's a floating balloon from the Google Dialer appearing overlayed on the OP Dialer when in a call.

• After installation, settings of these apps still do not show the option for call recording in the settings options list

• I vaguely remember there's a file, that I think needs root access to get to, that can be opened as a text file, in which you can change how your device interprets the region your device is used in, that afterward allows for the otherwise hidden native call recording function to be revealed. But it's been too long since I performed such an operation and can't even remember the name of this file. Maybe the way I explained it triggers someone's understanding here. I'm wondering if this could be a lead to a remaining thing to do to get that call recording function activated.

• I fiddled a bit with different ways of writing the cmd adb commands, by for example using the app package names of the installed OP dialer and contacts apps within a pm grant command, but I'm too dumb to get it right, so no luck with that.
    Hoping a smarter person here is willing to give it a go and make history :cool:

Cheers and godspeed !
    Hi guys,

Found a solution !
    1. Go to Developer Options.
    2. Scroll to an option near the end of the list called Disable Permission Monitoring --> Enable it & the command ./adb shell settings put global op_voice_recording_supported_by_mcc 1 is now executing.
    3. Make a call from your OnePlus Dialer and behold the native call recording button in all its glory !
    4. Review the call recording from the call log of the number from which you recorded the call OR go to folder Music>Recordings>Call Recordings to find your entire list of call recordings
    Please note that as I understand it, this call recording function will not survive a reboot. We need to re-execute this command in adb upon each reboot for the time being.

I also tried disabling the Google Dialer to get rid of that annoying floating bubble overlay on the OnePlus in-call UI, but that simply destroys the in-call UI alltogether by no longer revealing it! So the person who created those OP apps that work on our devices succeeded at making it work by accepting that floating bubble as part of the workaround.

I noticed that on few occasions the OnePlus dialer does not hijack the call in time and the call goes through the Google Dialer in-call UI instead. Anyway, not complaining now that I found it to work at least.

Going to fiddle around with Tasker or some other app that allows me to automate the above adb command to execute upon each reboot.

Edit: Think I'm way to dumb to figure out how I'm gonna be writing this task. If someone savvy can chime in, that'd be great !

Edit 2: Used the following page tutorial to get a paid app called LADB to work on my device that allows me to execute adb commands OTG:

So for now, upon each reboot, I'll just open up this app (you'll need access to wifi every time) and copy/paste the adb command in there without the ./ adb shell part added at the start. So use just settings put global op_voice_recording_supported_by_mcc 1 and tap enter. Boom ! You got call recording back in case you had to reboot OTG.

Still looking forward to find a savvy chap on this thread that can help with automating that adb command upon each reboot ;)
    Though i dont own 10pro, i like the way you put your efforts. I'm using 9r, and i still didn't updated the os from first one with which it came out of box, because of this security/privacy drama of google; but it's okay for google record each and every move we make.
    Have you tried SKVALEX call recording app? Not sure if it works on Android 12 though. It needs root/magisk to work.
    Thank you for the suggestion. I am mainly interested in re-acquiring native call recording functionality. I was also informed that Android 12 indeed does not permit any third party call recording apps to function properly. Asides from that, a non-root method is what I pursue as primary objective. But thank you for suggesting, I appreciate it