Enable Notch Killer/Full Screen for any app on Android 11[root]

LOGMD

Jun 22, 2010
London
On v6 notification text is placed next to camera, but icon of this notification is placed on the left side of the camera.
Yeah there was no way around this for now that I can find, that icon is added at runtime a d seems to not want to move. So just moved the text to avoid cutoff.

Anyone with better knowledge of layouts check the heads_up xml

Reactions: Rayekk

Rindmann

Dec 3, 2014
Dortmund
Thanks for the awesome apps! Tested in OOS11 and it worked flawlessly!

I just downgraded to OOS10 because there I can have the status bar disabled for a full screen immersion. Would it be possible to have the no nonsense notch module which shifts the clock a bit to the right running on OOS10? :)

Thanks in advance and happy new year!

Last edited:

LOGMD

Jun 22, 2010
London
Thanks for the awesome apps! Tested in OOS11 and it worked flawlessly!

I just downgraded to OOS10 because there I can have the status bar disabled for a full screen immersion. Would it be possible to have the no nonsense notch module which shifts the clock a bit to the right running on OOS10? :)

Thanks in advance and happy new year!
Connect your phone to a computer (or run in terminal emulator without"adb shell"
Code:
adb shell
su
cp /system_ext/priv-app/OPSystemUI/OPSystemUI.apk /sdcard/OPSystemUI.apk
cp /system/framework/framework-res.apk /sdcard/framework-res.apk
Send me
/sdcard/OPSystemUI.apk
/sdcard/framework-res.apk

As well as the exact android version and model of your device. When I get a chance will look at adding multi device and multi os

Rindmann

Dec 3, 2014
Dortmund
Connect your phone to a computer (or run in terminal emulator without"adb shell"
Code:
adb shell
su
cp /system_ext/priv-app/OPSystemUI/OPSystemUI.apk /sdcard/OPSystemUI.apk
cp /system/framework/framework-res.apk /sdcard/framework-res.apk
Send me
/sdcard/OPSystemUI.apk
/sdcard/framework-res.apk

As well as the exact android version and model of your device. When I get a chance will look at adding multi device and multi os

Thanks a ton mate!

When entering the comand for SystemUI apk, i get the following error:

"cp: bad '/system_ext/priv-app/OPSystemUI/OPSystemUI.apk': No such file or directory"

When entering the command for the framework, im gettin the file (see attachment).

Maybe there's another folder for the SystemUI apk on OOS10?

Best regards
Rob

edit: used an apk extractor and also got the systemui.apk now :) It's too large to upload on xda, heres a drive link:

The OOS version is: Oxygen OS 10.5.12.IN11BA

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: LOGMD

LOGMD

Jun 22, 2010
London
Latest Version of N3 No Nonsense Notch mod out
-android 10 support (OP8 OP8P)
- android 11 OP8T experimental build

I will be wait a realise of no nonsense Notch Magsisk Module for Oneplus 8 Pro A10. I can be a tester for that, just let me know)
I have a version in the works confirned mostly working but the lockscreen. If I need more testers I'll send across tonight 😊

Last edited:

iTryH

Nov 15, 2020
Does anyone on OnePlus 8 Pro have those small purple lines on each side of the screen (Left/Right) and know if this will fix that?. I do remember trying something similar that had the notch killer in the dev settings but I don't think it worked.

Blackdranzer

Jul 14, 2015
Does anyone on OnePlus 8 Pro have those small purple lines on each side of the screen (Left/Right) and know if this will fix that?. I do remember trying something similar that had the notch killer in the dev settings but I don't think it worked.
Either u need ur screen replaced or u have enabled waterfall cutout from developer options, change it to device default.

also, take a photo from another device and attach it so that we can check

Mar-cel

Jun 18, 2013

I have a version in the works confirned mostly working but the lockscreen. If I need more testers I'll send across tonight 😊
Does this work with 11.3.3 too ?

shadowofdeth

Mar 27, 2019

Tried the 8T version and it didn't crash this time but nothing with the status bar changed. Installed and enabled as per instructions but nothing happens. OOS 11.0.5.6 everything stock apart from the kernel (Radioactive Kernel).

I have a new and more capable laptop I treated myself to so if there's anything I can do please let me know.

LOGMD

Jun 22, 2010
London
so to share knowledge im working on a mod based on g-visuals notchkiller idea.
i have something working for FHD but for some reason refuses to work on QHD. its better for upgrades given its just an overlay

will get a test build out here if i make enough progress

Rindmann

Dec 3, 2014
Dortmund
UPDATE :

G-Visual Magisk Module v3.0.3 by Gnonymous now supports Android 11.
Full Screen is working on Android 11.

1) Install G-Visual Magisk Module v3.0.3

2)Enable it in developer options

(Settings > Developer options > Display Cutouts > Notch Killer )

Thats all.

#CLOCK GOING BEHIND THE CAMERA FIX

For more updates on this mod by @LOGMD u can check THIS POST HERE.

- No Nonsense Notch Mod
- Huge thanks to @LOGMD for this magisk module.
- The Magisk module shifts the clock to the immediate right side of the front camera so that it doesnt go behind the camera
- Works on lockscreen, Status bar and quicksetting.
-v5 fixed the Heads up notification app title going behind the camera.
-v6 added support for phone calls icon/button on lockscreen and statusbar.
- v8 support for both A10 and A11
- minor issue where padding on landscape which is ignorable. Future updates might fix it.

View attachment 5165803 View attachment 5165801 View attachment 5165797 View attachment 5165799

Warning/Read before you flash :

- Working on One Plus 8/One Plus 8 Pro.
- Crashing on 8T(Test at ur own risk)
- Works on OOS 11 EU/Global/IN 11.0.2.2 - have to confirm whether its version specific or not.
- This mod is not compatible with Renovate Ice or Center Clock Mod at the moment , you will have to uninstall them if u are planning to use this mod.
- If the device crashes or bootloops follow the steps on this Post to retain all the other magisk modules, or you can also simply boot into safe mode, and then restart normally all modules will be disabled by Magisk Manager.
- One plus 8/8 Pro users and users who are on a different build other than 11.0.2.2 , please test this out and let us know if its working.

Download - No Nonsense Notch Mod

#ONE-CLICK TOGGLE FULLSCREEN USING TASKER.

You need Tasker app by @joaomgcd

I use tasker to trigger the fullscreen and turn it off when i want to.
Its a toggle, clicking it once will enable notchkiller clicking on it again will disable notchkiller.
Here is the xml file in case anybody wants to use it.
Works without any issues.

*UPDATED FOR G-VIsual Magisk Module* - NotchKiller_Tasker

View attachment 5153913

#CHANGING CLOCK POSITION

To change the position of the clock from the left to center or right u can use @mwilky 's Renovate Ice mod(center, right) or @dladz 's Center clock mod(center) .

Setting the clock at the center is not perfect for both the mods as they have been calibarated for a notched display.

You can also simply hide the clock in settings.

However, the second icon on the left will always go behind the camera , there is no workaround for this at the moment.

View attachment 5153911

Thanks to :
@Saddamameghchouche for figuring out a work around before G-Visual.
@mlgmxyysd for None Display Cutout.
Gnonymous for G-Visual Mod
@LOGMD for No Nonsense notch mod
Can you tell me how to boot into safe mode from screen off / fastboot / stock recovery on my 8 pro running OOS10 and unlocked bootloader? Tried several combinations, either I'll get bootloop or it restarts into stock recovery...

Mar-cel

Jun 18, 2013
so to share knowledge im working on a mod based on g-visuals notchkiller idea.
i have something working for FHD but for some reason refuses to work on QHD. its better for upgrades given its just an overlay

will get a test build out here if i make enough progress
I don't want to ask for ETA. but the black bar is annoying 🥲