• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Enable Quad DAC on H910 & LGMusic Player. (root only)

Search This thread

Darnrain1

Jan 2, 2018
STANDARD DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible for any damages caused to your phone. I am not responsible for any hearing loss, please listen at a safe volume level. Use this mod at your own risk there is no warranty or guarantee.

This mod will enable your Quad DAC & enable LGMusic player.

If not rooted with Oreo on H910 link

build.prop mod + Force true 24 bit 44.1 kHz link

Should work on other lgv20 phones, like Sprint. It's only been tested on the H910 w/ Oreo. If the mod works on other phones, please let everyone know. Oreo only.

Requirements:
Root /w twrp
Oreo
H910
Never had with LGMusic player installed from the factory.
No LGMusic player apk installed on your phone.

You can Flash the mod in twrp or follow the guide.

SHA1: f403007b495b4c0441c0b8a6393ce28bea0415f9

Guide Enable DAC & LGMusic player.

First download the H918 rom H91820f.zip You can download it from mega, should download fast.

[Rom][Oreo][Rooted] T-Mobile H918 [20f] [20g] [20h] Oreo flashable

Then extract the zip file.

mount system.img on your computer.

Then copy the five folders and one file from the mounted image, to your phone in the same directory structure listed below. Overwrite.

/system/priv-app/
LGMusic
/system/priv-app/LGMusicWidget
/system/priv-app/LGMusicController
/system/etc/com.lge.music.xml
/system/vendor/overlay/com.lge.music
/system/vendor/overlay/com.lge.sizechangable.musicwidget.widget

You should not have to change the file permissions if using a root file manager. in Android. But if you using adb or twrp file manager you will have to. I don't recommend using adb or twrp file manager.

File permissions to 0644
/system/etc/
com.lge.music.xml
/system/priv-app/LGMusic/LGMusic.apk
/system/priv-app/LGMusicWidget/LGMusicController.apk
/system/priv-app/LGMusicController/LGMusicWidget.apk
/system/vendor/overlay/com.lge.music/com.lge.music.apk
/system/vendor/overlay/com.lge.sizechangable.musicwidget.widget/com.lge.sizechangable.musicwidget.widget.apk
Restart phone.

Attachments

• DAC_Enabler+LGMusic_v1.0_H910_Oreo_Flashable.zip
    11.3 MB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Reactions: thejjmax

Darnrain1

Jan 2, 2018
I'm guessing this has no effect on Bluetooth audio quality? Only when using a wire?
That's a good question and I am glad you asked it. Because I forgot include that answer in my guide. So to answer you question, there is a noticeable difference in sound quality with using Bluetooth. I am using aptx hd, as for sbc Bluetooth I am not sure. But you are correct a wired headset should get up-scaling to 32 bit sound with LGMusic player.

Last edited:
Reactions: thejjmax

Darnrain1

Jan 2, 2018
There is a twrp file you can flash now to enable the dac support.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    STANDARD DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible for any damages caused to your phone. I am not responsible for any hearing loss, please listen at a safe volume level. Use this mod at your own risk there is no warranty or guarantee.

This mod will enable your Quad DAC & enable LGMusic player.

If not rooted with Oreo on H910 link

build.prop mod + Force true 24 bit 44.1 kHz link

Should work on other lgv20 phones, like Sprint. It's only been tested on the H910 w/ Oreo. If the mod works on other phones, please let everyone know. Oreo only.

Requirements:
    Root /w twrp
    Oreo
    H910
    Never had with LGMusic player installed from the factory.
    No LGMusic player apk installed on your phone.

You can Flash the mod in twrp or follow the guide.

SHA1: f403007b495b4c0441c0b8a6393ce28bea0415f9

Guide Enable DAC & LGMusic player.

First download the H918 rom H91820f.zip You can download it from mega, should download fast.

[Rom][Oreo][Rooted] T-Mobile H918 [20f] [20g] [20h] Oreo flashable

Then extract the zip file.

mount system.img on your computer.

Then copy the five folders and one file from the mounted image, to your phone in the same directory structure listed below. Overwrite.

/system/priv-app/
    LGMusic
    /system/priv-app/LGMusicWidget
    /system/priv-app/LGMusicController
    /system/etc/com.lge.music.xml
    /system/vendor/overlay/com.lge.music
    /system/vendor/overlay/com.lge.sizechangable.musicwidget.widget

You should not have to change the file permissions if using a root file manager. in Android. But if you using adb or twrp file manager you will have to. I don't recommend using adb or twrp file manager.

File permissions to 0644
    /system/etc/
    com.lge.music.xml
    /system/priv-app/LGMusic/LGMusic.apk
    /system/priv-app/LGMusicWidget/LGMusicController.apk
    /system/priv-app/LGMusicController/LGMusicWidget.apk
    /system/vendor/overlay/com.lge.music/com.lge.music.apk
    /system/vendor/overlay/com.lge.sizechangable.musicwidget.widget/com.lge.sizechangable.musicwidget.widget.apk
    Restart phone.
    I'm guessing this has no effect on Bluetooth audio quality? Only when using a wire?
    That's a good question and I am glad you asked it. Because I forgot include that answer in my guide. So to answer you question, there is a noticeable difference in sound quality with using Bluetooth. I am using aptx hd, as for sbc Bluetooth I am not sure. But you are correct a wired headset should get up-scaling to 32 bit sound with LGMusic player.
    Oh I forgot to mention that the sound on the internal speaker has improved also. I am using the build prop tweaks that enables system wide Quad DAC support in any app.