Enable unofficial ASHA Hearing Aids support to android 10 devices

Search This thread

AmarnathNR

May 3, 2022
Realme X
hi,
some news for the OnePlus5T and the ASHA ?
Please, if you can help me for my hearing aid.

My phone is Root, (twrp and Magisk )
Hi follow this thread. You can connect with the author (Qualx) too. Infact He personally helped me to enable ASHA protocol to my phone RealmeX. Below is how I got it worked
  1. Rooted and installed custom ROM Android 12
  2. Enabled bluetooth and went to Accessibility then I could see the option of Hearing Aid
    1. Note if you disable Bluetooth in device then Hearing Aid option under Accessibility will go away/Hide
  3. Pair the Hearing aid ( will take sometime at first use)
  4. After pairing I was able to listen music, youtube etc but Phone call wasnt working.
  5. Qualx figured-out that few hearing-aid-mic configs were missing in Vendor audio config file and he wrote a magisk module to make it work

Last edited:
Reactions: [[[zen]]]

[[[zen]]]

Mar 1, 2006
Hi follow this thread. You can connect with the author (Qualx) too. Infact He personally helped me to enable ASHA protocol to my phone RealmeX. Below is how I got it worked
  1. Rooted and installed custom ROM Android 12
  2. Enabled bluetooth and went to Accessibility then I could see the option of Hearing Aid
    1. Note if you disable Bluetooth in device then Hearing Aid option under Accessibility will go away/Hide
  3. Pair the Hearing aid ( will take sometime at first use)
  4. After pairing I was able to listen music, youtube etc but Phone call wasnt working.
  5. Qualx figure-out few configs were missing and he wrote a magisk module to make it work
Hi, thanks, my english is very bad but i try to see your link AmarnathNR .
THX )

Reactions: AmarnathNR

AmarnathNR

May 3, 2022
Realme X
Hi, thanks, my english is very bad but i try to see your link AmarnathNR .
THX )
Sure. anytime
Please make sure you have Android 12 ROM in your device. I have tried with Android 10/11 with no luck so I dont advice you to venture/try.
Android 12 along with Qualx Magisk Module is working great. additionally I am using Viper4Andriod magisk module to enhance the bluetooth audio.

Amar

[[[zen]]]

Mar 1, 2006
hi,
ha..... you have oneplus 5T with android 12 ROM ?
For Viper4Andriod i try it with dolby ( installl whtis this video :
) it's great, but now don't work, i remove it.

thanks again 👍

AmarnathNR

May 3, 2022
Realme X
hi,
ha..... you have oneplus 5T with android 12 ROM ?
For Viper4Andriod i try it with dolby ( installl whtis this video :
) it's great, but now don't work, i remove it.

thanks again 👍
Nope, I dont have OnePlus device. Mine is RealmeX device with Android 12 custom ROM. ASHA protocol works great in it. I am sure it should work with OnePlus 5T too as it has Bluetooth 5 version.

I use Viper4Adriod12 which works well. Clarity is really good.
Please note Viper is just an optional module for ASHA protocol. even without it audio will stream to hearing aids

Amar

[[[zen]]]

Mar 1, 2006
Nope, I dont have OnePlus device. Mine is RealmeX device with Android 12 custom ROM. ASHA protocol works great in it. I am sure it should work with OnePlus 5T too as it has Bluetooth 5 version.

I use Viper4Adriod12 which works well. Clarity is really good.
Please note Viper is just an optional module for ASHA protocol. even without it audio will stream to hearing aids

Amar

Ok !!!!! thanks

Reactions: AmarnathNR

Top Liked Posts