How To Guide Enable VoLTE/VoWiFi in unsupported countries without root (requires Shizuku)

Search This thread

morphvale

Sep 13, 2013
Sibiu
Google Nexus 4
Google Nexus 5
Hi all,

Bellow you can find some info on how to attempt to enable VoLTE in unsupported countries (tested in Romania, Digi carrier) using Shizuku and Pixel IMS app for it.

This assumes that you have ADB and drivers properly setup beforehand.

1. Go to Playstore and install Shizuku app.
2. With the app opened, open up a terminal and write
Code:
adb shell sh /sdcard/Android/data/moe.shizuku.privileged.api/start.sh
to start it
3. Check the app. It should say Shizuku is running.
4. Download and install this apk
5. In your app drawer find Pixel IMS app, open it and click on allow all the time for "Allow Pixel IMS to access Shizuku"
6. Hit the enable VoLTE button at the lower left.
7. The original guide says to restart the phone several times, but for me it started working right away.

Also, it kept working after uninstalling Pixel IMS and Shizuku apps.

The original author mentions that it should survive reboots but is unaware of system updates. However, being quite an easy method, it should not be a problem to reenable.

Thanks go to the original author and u/redeletv on Reddit who posted it.

punisher195

Dec 1, 2013
Valjevo
Working perfectly with my Pixel 7 Pro without restart, first try. It survives reboot.
I'm from Serbia and using mt:s with esim.

PanOptikum

Oct 8, 2015
Not sure if that actually works for me (Poland)... VoLTE toggle showed up in carrier settings, but I can't see any difference. Is there any way to check if callings are made through LTE/WiFi? When I call someone it's H+ or 3G showed up on the top :/

But, when I have WiFi on, wifi icon remains, so it's wifi calling, right?

Reactions: bige93

Dafelleant

Oct 8, 2016
OnePlus 6T
Google Pixel 6a
Not sure if that actually works for me (Poland)... VoLTE toggle showed up in carrier settings, but I can't see any difference. Is there any way to check if callings are made through LTE/WiFi? When I call someone it's H+ or 3G showed up on the top :/

Wifi and "HD" icons should appear in your call history.
Screenshot_20230207-214042~2.png

Reactions: SkyRunner625

morphvale

Sep 13, 2013
Sibiu
Google Nexus 4
Google Nexus 5
Hm, it's not there (there isn't actually ANY icon).
Some carriers might require that your number has been previously provisioned with VoLTE on a device supported by them officially.
If this could apply to you as well, and you have never used your SIM card previously in a supported device, then this will not work simply because on the carrier side the feature is still disabled.

Reactions: mehediceps

PanOptikum

Oct 8, 2015
Some carriers might require that your number has been previously provisioned with VoLTE on a device supported by them officially.
If this could apply to you as well, and you have never used your SIM card previously in a supported device, then this will not work simply because on the carrier side the feature is still disabled.
So, do you think if I'd put my SIM card into my gf's Oneplus (which has certified VoLTE for my carrier) for a while and make a call, then put it back to my Pixel, there's a chance it will be activated?

morphvale

Sep 13, 2013
Sibiu
Google Nexus 4
Google Nexus 5
So, do you think if I'd put my SIM card into my gf's Oneplus (which has certified VoLTE for my carrier) for a while and make a call, then put it back to my Pixel, there's a chance it will be activated?
I can not speak for your carrier and what it takes to enable it. If your carrier supports this method, then yes, having your SIM in a supported phone until the feature is enabled should make it work afterwards in your Pixel if you followed this guide.

PanOptikum

Oct 8, 2015
I can not speak for your carrier and what it takes to enable it. If your carrier supports this method, then yes, having your SIM in a supported phone until the feature is enabled should make it work afterwards in your Pixel if you followed this guide.
It's working after sending activating SMS!! Thanks a lot, works great!

I'm on a rooted Pixel6, also on Digi in Romania. Been using a volte enabler magisk module which works fine. Any downside to getting rid of that magisk module and using this instead? The module I'm using is pretty old and I'd like to switch to something more recent and tailor-made for tensor chips.

Any idea if i need to use ADB if I'm already rooted? Can I skip the ADB part?

bige93

Dec 17, 2010
Szczecin
Hey @morphvale ! Appreciate you sharing this.

I posted this on @kyujin-cho GitHub, but will share also here.

Just wanted to share some feedback on trying your patch on Pixel 6 running on T-Mobile Poland network.

Since Android 13 VoLTE works on Pixel 6 out of the box, but not WiFi Calling.

I followed your instructions and run the script, then switched WiFi Calling on in the app.
WiFi Calling setting appeared right away, however I couldn't force it to work even after few reboots.
On top of that, whenever WiFi Calling is enabled in the device settings, phone can't register for VoLTE and calls are being placed over 3G.

Carrier supports WiFi Calling and I have it enabled on my line (I was using it with iPhone 7 previously).

Cheers!

morphvale

Sep 13, 2013
Sibiu
Google Nexus 4
Google Nexus 5
I'm on a rooted Pixel6, also on Digi in Romania. Been using a volte enabler magisk module which works fine. Any downside to getting rid of that magisk module and using this instead? The module I'm using is pretty old and I'd like to switch to something more recent and tailor-made for tensor chips.

Any idea if i need to use ADB if I'm already rooted? Can I skip the ADB part?
You don't have to use ADB at all. You can either start Shizuku with Wireless ADB which doesn't require a computer, or by granting it root access.

Reactions: devilsshadow

dcolas

Sep 22, 2010
Tested with my Google Pixel 6 with Vivo operator in Brazil and it is working perfectly, for both VoLTE and VoWiFi (WiFi Calling)!!!
Many tranks!

Reactions: pontozero

luisrojito

Feb 4, 2011
For those wondering, yes it works for all the MVNOs on Altan for Mexico, you get VoLTE on those sims, you just need to activate the sim on another VoLTE compatible phone and then swap the sim on your Pixel

[udpate] Also working on esim for Altan

Last edited:
Reactions: Luis Alfonso 93

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

Bellow you can find some info on how to attempt to enable VoLTE in unsupported countries (tested in Romania, Digi carrier) using Shizuku and Pixel IMS app for it.

This assumes that you have ADB and drivers properly setup beforehand.

1. Go to Playstore and install Shizuku app.
    2. With the app opened, open up a terminal and write
    Code:
    adb shell sh /sdcard/Android/data/moe.shizuku.privileged.api/start.sh
    to start it
    3. Check the app. It should say Shizuku is running.
    4. Download and install this apk
    5. In your app drawer find Pixel IMS app, open it and click on allow all the time for "Allow Pixel IMS to access Shizuku"
    6. Hit the enable VoLTE button at the lower left.
    7. The original guide says to restart the phone several times, but for me it started working right away.

Also, it kept working after uninstalling Pixel IMS and Shizuku apps.

The original author mentions that it should survive reboots but is unaware of system updates. However, being quite an easy method, it should not be a problem to reenable.

Thanks go to the original author and u/redeletv on Reddit who posted it.
    There is a newer version which adds support for VoWiFi as well.

Wifi and "HD" icons should appear in your call history.
    Screenshot_20230207-214042~2.png
    Hm, it's not there (there isn't actually ANY icon).