Enabling fingerprint wakeup

Search This thread

Kamul_PL

Nov 28, 2015
Katowice
Hello!
I'm using LineageOS 17.1 with my Poco F1. I wanted to ask, if anybody has a way of making possible to wake the phone up using the fingerprint sensor, but without fingerprints defined? This worked without problems with my Redmi Note 4, but not with Poco F1 anymore. I've search a lot for any hints, but without positive results. I want that to save the hardware switch. And I can't use fingerprints because of safety reasons.

PS. My phone is rooted.

Krisranger

Jul 24, 2020
Xiaomi Poco F1
Redmi K20 Pro
Hello!
I'm using LineageOS 17.1 with my Poco F1. I wanted to ask, if anybody has a way of making possible to wake the phone up using the fingerprint sensor, but without fingerprints defined? This worked without problems with my Redmi Note 4, but not with Poco F1 anymore. I've search a lot for any hints, but without positive results. I want that to save the hardware switch. And I can't use fingerprints because of safety reasons.

PS. My phone is rooted.
Don't you have double tap to wake option in display settings?

Kamul_PL

Nov 28, 2015
Katowice
Thanks for your reply!

Yes, I have. But I noticed increased battery drain with this option enabled. Currently I'm not sure if this is because of touchscreen battery usage (which have to be always on), accidental wake ups in my pocket or both. So yes, tap to wake option is a kind of solution, but not the perfect one.