Enabling LG Smartworld Themes on Verizon

Search This thread

Ixstala

Apr 17, 2016
It seems Verizon disabled a bunch of useful features that are included on the other carriers software variant. This includes the LG smart world themes. You can get these back pretty easily, it's a similar process that was used on the G4 & G3, and works on the G5 see here:

Originally Posted by Vijet
This is how I got the theme changer working without installing Launcher Pro.
Get the application "Any Shortcut" from play store
Open the application and enter the following details
Application : com.lge.launcher2
Activity : com.lge.launcher2.theme.LGThemeChooserActivity
Action: [Keep blank]
Intent : [Keep blank]
Then : create, your shortcut is done !

Now open the shortcut and your theme chooser application will fire up.
Download LG themes from LG Smart World application (not installed by default) and start applying themes.

Since we don't yet have root, and Knock-off's utility is greatly reduced with 3rd party launchers (restricted to notification area), you may find the themes on smartworld a boon to liven up your device.

There are also a bunch of other interesting menus/settings, which are normally hidden, that you can access with an app called "Activity Launcher". Just set the menu to "All Activities" and look around, there's an interesting setting for the auto brightness among others.

r.ramos519

Feb 5, 2013
It seems Verizon disabled a bunch of useful features that are included on the other carriers software variant. This includes the LG smart world themes. You can get these back pretty easily, it's a similar process that was used on the G4 & G3, and works on the G5 see here:

Since we don't yet have root, and Knock-off's utility is greatly reduced with 3rd party launchers (restricted to notification area), you may find the themes on smartworld a boon to liven up your device.

There are also a bunch of other interesting menus/settings, which are normally hidden, that you can access with an app called "Activity Launcher". Just set the menu to "All Activities" and look around, there's an interesting setting for the auto brightness among others.

it don't work

Ixstala

Apr 17, 2016
Make sure you typed everything correctly. My keyboard autocorrected several of those characters the first couple of times I tried it. It works on my Verizon G5.

rudyo78427

Mar 13, 2013
san jose
I tried this with my G5 and it didn't work either. But I found out the issue. The theme feature is only functional with Home UX 4.0 and NOT UX 5.0. With Home 5.0, the shortcut shows up but I would get a pop up error stating 'Application is not Available'. If I switch to Home UX 4.0, the theme shortcut is functional and I can choose to change the theme. Try using Home 4.0 and it should work just fine.

djsbad

May 9, 2012
Hey guys,

I just wanted to say that I'm glad I was able to help out and be a highly valuable source of information for this thread.

Long live doodoo

r.ramos519

Feb 5, 2013
I tried this with my G5 and it didn't work either. But I found out the issue. The theme feature is only functional with Home UX 4.0 and NOT UX 5.0. With Home 5.0, the shortcut shows up but I would get a pop up error stating 'Application is not Available'. If I switch to Home UX 4.0, the theme shortcut is functional and I can choose to change the theme. Try using Home 4.0 and it should work just fine.

how do I get Home UX 4.0

rudyo78427

Mar 13, 2013
san jose
how do I get Home UX 4.0

You will need to download the LG SmartWorld APK file. From chrome browser on your phone, navigate to www.lgworld.com. Before you download the app/ apk file, go to the security settings and ensure that 'Unknown Sources' selection is set to ON. this is because the app is not from the google play store. After you confirmed the security setting is to allow the app to load, go to the website I listed above. Follow the on screen instructions to select the region and language you will use. after that the window should populate with the Download LG SmartWorld selection. Select it and you will see the pop up notification to start the download. After download is complete, another pop up will show to Install the app on you device. select Yes.

Once the app is installed, open the SmartWorld app. Your going to have to download the UX4.0 home screen. You may need to create a log in. Upon start up of the app, there will be a pop up display instructing how to get the 4.0 Home screen. After that, you can follow the instructions listed in the OP of this thread. Hope this helps. :good:

drsalls11

May 13, 2016
Smartworld not working

Hey guys, I followed the steps, I downloaded Smart world, Home 4.0, and created the shortcut but when I click on the shortcut it says "application not installed". Anyone else getting this? Any thoughts?

Thanks

yovizna

Jun 1, 2016
Perfect!

I am not a developer, but I'm here learning from you all. I did it and it worked , you guys are amazing , after the update (Android 6.0/ LG G3 D850 working on T-Mobile) my LG Smartworld was useless. Now, I'm able to use themes I have previously downloaded. Thank you so much, you guys rock :good:

jhart9285

Jun 18, 2016
Can someone post the home ux4.0 apk? Searched smartworld and can't find it. When I follow the direct link to the smartworld download page for the launcher from androidcentral smartworld FCs.

alteredlikeness

Mar 2, 2012
reflecting on Indra's net
Can someone post the home ux4.0 apk? Searched smartworld and can't find it. When I follow the direct link to the smartworld download page for the launcher from androidcentral smartworld FCs.
The reason you can't see it in Smartworld is because Verizon doesn't support the LG Home & app drawer, according to LG.
And can't pull the apk from /data without root. Sorry.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-06-24-15-54-44.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-06-24-15-54-44.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 531

jhart9285

Jun 18, 2016
Figured that's what it was. Damn you big red! Got the apk from an external source, followed the instructions works fine. The home themes list is embarrassingly short on smartworld, probably also because verizon and reasons.

taphius

Jan 5, 2010
Thanks, this also worked for an ATT G5. Incredibly stupid that they removed the theme engine...

darkharbinger81

Oct 3, 2012
Iowa home of Slipkknot
I'm still having issues with lg smart world, everything I download from there restarts the smart world app. It never downloads anything theme wise or lg theme wise, I've the app shortcut like it's said here to do but still no themes download, only wallpapers any ideas?

Sent from my VS987 using XDA-Developers mobile app

darkharbinger81

Oct 3, 2012
Iowa home of Slipkknot
I'm still having issues with lg smart world, everything I download from there restarts the smart world app. It never downloads anything theme wise or lg theme wise, I've the app shortcut like it's said here to do but still no themes download, only wallpapers any ideas?

Sent from my VS987 using XDA-Developers mobile app
Ok nevermind, I went to lg website downloaded the lg smart world app from there now themes seem to download

Sent from darkharbinger81's Verizon lg g5 non rooted yet

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Originally Posted by Vijet
    This is how I got the theme changer working without installing Launcher Pro.
    Get the application "Any Shortcut" from play store
    Open the application and enter the following details
    Application : com.lge.launcher2
    Activity : com.lge.launcher2.theme.LGThemeChooserActivity
    Action: [Keep blank]
    Intent : [Keep blank]
    Then : create, your shortcut is done !

Now open the shortcut and your theme chooser application will fire up.
    Download LG themes from LG Smart World application (not installed by default) and start applying themes.

how do I get Home UX 4.0

You will need to download the LG SmartWorld APK file. From chrome browser on your phone, navigate to www.lgworld.com. Before you download the app/ apk file, go to the security settings and ensure that 'Unknown Sources' selection is set to ON. this is because the app is not from the google play store. After you confirmed the security setting is to allow the app to load, go to the website I listed above. Follow the on screen instructions to select the region and language you will use. after that the window should populate with the Download LG SmartWorld selection. Select it and you will see the pop up notification to start the download. After download is complete, another pop up will show to Install the app on you device. select Yes.

Once the app is installed, open the SmartWorld app. Your going to have to download the UX4.0 home screen. You may need to create a log in. Upon start up of the app, there will be a pop up display instructing how to get the 4.0 Home screen. After that, you can follow the instructions listed in the OP of this thread. Hope this helps. :good: