• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Encore Music, a new way to experience music

Search This thread

XpLoDWilD

Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 19, 2009
France
www.xplod.fr
encoremusic_xda_banner.png

Music is great. We love to listen to it, make it, dance to it, lip-sync to it, etc. Online music streaming has even become a requirement for anyone looking to listen on the go. The struggle is when you have that entire discography of The Who on your device, including those rare, unreleased tracks not found on music streaming services - how do you choose?

Encore Music brings all of your music, online and local, to one open-source app. Want Spotify™ Premium music streaming alongside your local music? Just download the Spotify™ Plug-In (http://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/encore-music/spotify-provider-encore-music-t3176022). Add various audio plug-ins and other streaming providers as well.

Ever wished you could listen to the streamed, album-version of "Freebird", followed by your local copy of the piano version in one playlist? Now you can with Encore Music. Create a playlist with music sourced from multiple music sources, both online and local - all that is required is a plug-in for that streaming service.

Key Features:
  • Drive mode with voice commands
  • Chromecast and web cast support
  • Sound Effects plugins
  • Bluetooth automated actions
  • Echonest Integration (http://the.echonest.com/) allows music to be suggested for you
  • Recognition will recognize the music being played around you
  • ChartLyrics Integration so you'll know what that artist is actually saying

One app to rule your music, one app to find them, one app to bring them all, and on your device play them.

Download now at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fastbootmobile.encore.app

Visit our website at http://www.encoremusic.io/

Sources at https://github.com/fastbootmobile/encore

XDA:DevDB Information
Encore Music, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
XpLoDWilD, fastbootmobile

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 1.0.0

Created 2015-07-27
Last Updated 2015-08-12

Last edited by a moderator:

painscough

Sep 14, 2011
I have a subsonic media server that I have all of my music on. Would I need to contact the developer of subsonic to create a plugin for encore so I can add that into the app? Or would there be a way in the future I can add it in through a URL and port #? I really like the idea of this app and would be happy to pay for something like this.

Last edited:

Reznorek

Jul 5, 2015
Google Music

Google music plugin?
edit - ok, i founded. But srsly? Player just came out to "market" and you wanna me pay for plugin whithout some trial? I don't even know how this looks like, how this works etc... 2 euro its nothing, i know but cmon...

Last edited:

jerdog

Admin Emeritus - Purveyor of word nuggets
May 17, 2007
Gallifrey
Google music plugin?
edit - ok, i founded. But srsly? Player just came out to "market" and you wanna me pay for plugin whithout some trial? I don't even know how this looks like, how this works etc... 2 euro its nothing, i know but cmon...

Or you can look at it this way. A free, open source application that does all these things already built in, ALONG with a Spotify plugin (that btw enables Chromecast support that Spotify itself doesn't even have) that is also free, along with a DSP sound effects plugin which is also free... It's unreasonable to ask you to pay for a Google Music plugin when you're getting everything else for free? I mean heck - those first three could easily have cost you $4-5 (~$5 eu) but they're free.

Reactions: NYCHitman1

PatrickMac

May 12, 2012
Or you can look at it this way. A free, open source application that does all these things already built in, ALONG with a Spotify plugin (that btw enables Chromecast support that Spotify itself doesn't even have) that is also free, along with a DSP sound effects plugin which is also free... It's unreasonable to ask you to pay for a Google Music plugin when you're getting everything else for free? I mean heck - those first three could easily have cost you $4-5 (~$5 eu) but they're free.

I'm ok with the pricing tbh. But it doesn't seem to work on my end. I can select my google account but after that short toast message nothing happens.

---------- Post added at 08:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 PM ----------

Says in the XDA article that the google play music plug in is already available........location? I cannot find it anywhere. Thanks in advance!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fastbootmobile.encore.googleplaymusicprovider

Reactions: TunedFish

yung40oz84

Sep 23, 2014
sites.psu.edu

SammyP6

Feb 17, 2015
this app is really cool. i really like the lyric thing. Is there a way/plugin to get music from onedrive/groove?
most of my music is stored there and I like this app better than the groove/onedrive app.

Reznorek

Jul 5, 2015
If someone confirm that Google Music works with App I can pay for plugin even 20euro, no problem at all

Reactions: mercman14u2nv

Pizwitch

Aug 12, 2015
Google music plugin?

Like every purchase made with Google Play, you can ask for a refund within 2 hours after installation.

XpLoDWilD

Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 19, 2009
France
www.xplod.fr
I'm ok with the pricing tbh. But it doesn't seem to work on my end. I can select my google account but after that short toast message nothing happens.

Have you allowed the app? You should have a notification showing up after selecting your account, asking for authorization. I just bought the plugin and tested, it works here. Tracks take a few seconds to show up once authorization is granted. Let me know if that works for you.

Top Liked Posts