• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

encryption was interrupted and can't complete xiaomi poco f1

Search This thread

RubenPCA

Jan 1, 2016
I already try to erase everything from Orange Fox and also with TWRP, I am trying to install the MIUI EU ROM but when it is starting it throws me the problem of encryption

Darklouis

Jun 17, 2017
Davao City
Next time, do not interrupt the encryption process, it will make DATA and INTERNAL STORAGE impossible to access. So you have to sacrifice your files in it.

Requrements:
TWRP Official (Don't use OrangeFox, might have some problems)

Flash TWRP via FASTBOOT
fastboot flash recovery [twrp name].img

1. Reboot to TWRP
  2. Skip the Encrypted Data, even though you typed your password, it will never decrypt it.
  3. Go to WIPE
  4. FORMAT DATA
  5. DO NOT REBOOT TO DEVICE, Reboot to Recovery
  6. Go to WIPE
  7. ADVANCE WIPE
  8. Select "Internal Storage" then WIPE
  9. Now, reboot the device

After booting, if you encountered that the devices says "Internal storage corrupted because of encryption yada yada"
Boot again to the recovery and go to Wipe, Advance Wipe. Select "DATA" and "INTERNAL STORAGE" then WIPE

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-03-24-20-27-00.png
    Screenshot_2019-03-24-20-27-00.png
    93.7 KB · Views: 1,702
Last edited:

aref_sh

Feb 22, 2016
mashhad
Next time, do not interrupt the encryption process, it will make DATA and INTERNAL STORAGE impossible to access. So you have to sacrifice your files in it.

Requrements:

Flash TWRP via FASTBOOT

1. Reboot to TWRP
  2. Skip the Encrypted Data, even though you typed your password, it will never decrypt it.
  3. Go to WIPE
  4. Go to ADVANCE WIPE
  5. Select DATA only and click REPAIR/CHANGE FILE SYSTEM
  6. Select F2FS and wait for the magic

Default Encrypted Data File System is EXT4 so changing it, it will remove the encryption.

Hi i did all steps as u say but twrp doesnt show any of my files

thork_sk8

Nov 28, 2017

Requrements:

Flash TWRP via FASTBOOT

1. Reboot to TWRP
  3. Go to WIPE
  4. Go to ADVANCE WIPE
  5. Select DATA only and click REPAIR/CHANGE FILE SYSTEM
  6. Select F2FS and wait for the magic

Default Encrypted Data File System is EXT4 so changing it, it will remove the encryption.

Default Encrypted Data File System is EXT4 why change to F2FS
why no repair in ext4???

cyycolin

Sep 26, 2006
Hey guys I need some help..
I bought a new mi max3 which is on stock muiu 10
Here are my steps to flash globe rom
1. Unlock bootloader
2. Fastboot twrp to recovery
3. fastboot to boot twrp
4. Could not see any file in twrp
5. Reboot phone and return to stock recovery
6. (At this stage I don't get it why it back to stock recovery everytime. I wasted so much time searching and fastboot different version of twrp or moded twrp but still revert to stock after boot)
https://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-max-3/development/recovery-twrp-3-2-3-1-nitrogen-t3866084

7. Then I came across a thread on orange fox for max3
8. I tried and viola, I can browse the file now
9. Came across a thread about eu miui rom, it said to fastboot format user data first before flash eu rom, but not System
https://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-max-3/how-to/rom-xiaomi-eu-miui-10-mi-max-3-t3825680

10. I fastboot format user data, wipe data cache internal storage then flash globe rom, which is based on eu miui, remove cache again
11. I boot up the phone successfully but it shows "Encryption was interrupted and can't complete. As a result, the data on your phone is no longer accessible." only button available oñ screen is reset phone
12. But no response after clicking it
13. Then I came to this thread
14. Tried wipe Data and internal storage and still no luck
(At this stage I am able to go in orange fox and fast boot mode)
15. I haven't tried changing file system to F2FS yet as I am afraid that will brick my phone
Suggested by this thread and this
https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads...ted-and-cant-be-completed-after-reboot.45640/

Could you guys give me some advice?
Many thanks in advance please

Last edited:

gems.2000

Dec 31, 2014
OnePlus 9R
1. Unlock bootloader
3. fastboot to boot twrp
6. (At this stage I don't get it why it back to stock recovery everytime. I wasted so much time searching and fastboot different version of twrp or moded twrp but still revert to stock after boot)
https://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-max-3/development/recovery-twrp-3-2-3-1-nitrogen-t3866084

9. Came across a thread about eu miui rom, it said to fastboot format user data first before flash eu rom, but not System
https://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-max-3/how-to/rom-xiaomi-eu-miui-10-mi-max-3-t3825680

10. I fastboot format user data, wipe data cache internal storage then flash globe rom, which is based on eu miui, remove cache again
11. I boot up the phone successfully but it shows "Encryption was interrupted and can't complete. As a result, the data on your phone is no longer accessible." only button available oñ screen is reset phone
15. I haven't tried changing file system to F2FS yet as I am afraid that will brick my phone
https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads...ted-and-cant-be-completed-after-reboot.45640/

Try Fixing the partition through TWRP

Reactions: cyycolin

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Requrements:

Flash TWRP via FASTBOOT
    fastboot flash recovery [twrp name].img

1. Reboot to TWRP
    3. Go to WIPE
    4. FORMAT DATA
    5. DO NOT REBOOT TO DEVICE, Reboot to Recovery
    6. Go to WIPE
    7. ADVANCE WIPE
    8. Select "Internal Storage" then WIPE
    9. Now, reboot the device

After booting, if you encountered that the devices says "Internal storage corrupted because of encryption yada yada"
    Boot again to the recovery and go to Wipe, Advance Wipe. Select "DATA" and "INTERNAL STORAGE" then WIPE
    Hi i did all steps as u say but twrp doesnt show any of my files

Skip it. The only importance is to remove encryption and sacrifice all files in INTERNAL STORAGE and in DATA.
    1. Unlock bootloader
    3. fastboot to boot twrp

Try Fixing the partition through TWRP