General End bloatware

Search This thread

Stickmanx89

Jun 28, 2022
I think most people on this forum can agree that the biggest shortfall of Samsung's devices is the bloatware. Be it the Samsung app, the google apps or even the netflix app, everyone has something they wish wasn't there which is why ADB is so popular.

It would be great if Samsung was to allow a custom app load on startup.

That is precisely what I am suggesting for the Samsung UI beta. I'd like to get some feedback, or at least some "hearts" from the XDA community to show interest on their dedicated suggestion forum.

Thank you,

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
What's bloatware to some is a useful app to others. A builtin package disabler be nice though.
Much of the Samsung bloatware sits there and uses little or no resources unless used. About 30 out of 80 apps I disable are Samsung. Some are toggled on/off as needed.
Samsung's auto updates are far more troublesome and need to be locked down🤣
Firmware upgrades can and do kill Samsung's especially later ones.

So with some wherewithal it's not a big deal using 3rd party work arounds, settings and a firewall. Otherwise there's always iPhone...
That said the last 3 flagship releases for the Note/S series have been lacking with dropped balls a plenty. Right now Samsung has no new flagships I'll buy even when they become marked down.

Stickmanx89

Jun 28, 2022
Right now Samsung has no new flagships I'll buy even when they become marked down.
There is no good flagship option atm.
The P6? lol
The S22? Bleh
Upcoming P7? A possible repeat of the P6.
Upcoming S23? May be worth the wait?
Apple? As much as it pains me to say it, I do find them more and more appealing when comparing.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
There is no good flagship option atm.
The P6? lol
The S22? Bleh
Upcoming P7? A possible repeat of the P6.
Upcoming S23? May be worth the wait?
Apple? As much as it pains me to say it, I do find them more and more appealing when comparing.
Apple? No.
No expandable storage kills Apple without even getting into their firmware/software/DRM issues. However don't expect much out of Samsung with their next new release.
With both Samsung and Google Android I'm banking on it taking them at least 1-3 years to get their sorry acts together. To that end I will continue to use my N10+'s running on Pie and Q. With a projected lifespan of 2-3+ years... means I don't care.
Let the other rats run the maze, I'm chillin😎

Stickmanx89

Jun 28, 2022
Apple? No.
No expandable storage kills Apple
No sd card sucks on all 3 main manufacturers. It is such a strange thing to have removed.

I was also hoping to ride my old p2 for a while longer until better options come out, but i jumped in a river with it instead :D

I'll need to select something for the next 3+ years when my backup phone fails (well on its way)

Anyway, i dare to dream on the bloatware front and hope for built-in solutions

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
No sd card sucks on all 3 main manufacturers. It is such a strange thing to have removed.

I was also hoping to ride my old p2 for a while longer until better options come out, but i jumped in a river with it instead :D

I'll need to select something for the next 3+ years when my backup phone fails (well on its way)

Anyway, i dare to dream on the bloatware front and hope for built-in solutions
Google been pushing to kill expandable for years. They got the MS cloud control power fantasy going on.
Well I can still recommend a N10+ which is what I would buy today. Bought my last one 10 months ago. New ones are still available and their loaded with Android 10.