General [ENDED][OneUI 5 Beta] (Exynos) Galaxy S22/S22+/S22 Ultra Beta Thread

Search This thread
Apparantly, the way i see it, Ice Universe had somewhat of an access to beta 3, he tweeted saying that they removed the new gallery app icon and reverted back to the old one. He also tweeted about the new icons in beta 2 like 2 days before the second beta came out.

I think he wouldn't have access to the internal testing builds, only the ones which will be pushed out to the public shortly. So theoritically, unless samsung decides to delay it last minute for the 2nd time because of animations they can't get right, ZVI8 has got to be beta 3. I just hope we don't have to wait this long for a beta again.

Vin1998

Mar 10, 2017
Apparantly, the way i see it, Ice Universe had somewhat of an access to beta 3, he tweeted saying that they removed the new gallery app icon and reverted back to the old one. He also tweeted about the new icons in beta 2 like 2 days before the second beta came out.

I think he wouldn't have access to the internal testing builds, only the ones which will be pushed out to the public shortly. So theoritically, unless samsung decides to delay it last minute for the 2nd time because of animations they can't get right, ZVI8 has got to be beta 3. I just hope we don't have to wait this long for a beta again.
Exactly what I meant. The way he rants about animations I believe this one might get pushed back again. And official build back to November like before

Reactions: AhmedMomen

ardit90

Sep 19, 2022
Hello and good morning, @ardit90

You should definitely consider to do so unless you want to be spoon-fed what nobody likes to do but also because the XDA Forum Rules requires you to do:

I suggest to review the forum rules thoroughly, to which you agreed to adher when you registered on this private website some hours ago. Thanks for your cooperations. And I've deleted your other post that I call disrespectful or at least off-topic.

Respectfully
Oswald Boelcke
Senior Moderator
No disrespect meant.. Sorry if it came across like it. However, I am thankful for the help from the users, since I would've gone through the 33 pages and not seen that the 1st post had been updated with the link to the 2nd beta. ✌🏻

Reactions: Oswald Boelcke

obrobrio2000

Jun 13, 2013
Food for thought:

we like to complain about these long waits (I'm the first to complain) but all this waiting should make us reflect on how complicated it is for them. I find it hard to think that Samsung's engineers are less good than those of Google or Apple. If they work there they probably have square balls (it's an Italian saying which means that they are very good at what they do).

My belief is that the main problem is Android. I know, now you will tell me "but the Pixel UI is smooth!" okay, so what's the deal? Since the days of TouchWiz, Samsung has always changed Android in depth (more than any other manufacturer), and perhaps that is why they now have all this difficulty with these animations.

I still think that they wouldn't have any of these issues if they decided to create their own "GalaxyOS", the problem is that they are forever trapped in Android: put yourself in Google's shoes, would you bring your services (Gmail, Maps etc.) to a hypothetical GalaxyOS, with your biggest friend company becoming your biggest rival and "stealing" a big percentage of your users (considering Samsung's market share)? Samsung would be destined to become the new Huawei. Without Google Apps you don't go anywhere, unless you live in China.

All these words to say what? That this situation will never change, perhaps the only hope is Fuchsia.

For now we will have to continue to undergo these very long waits, continue to keep these so-so animations, continue to have these non-global beta programs, continue with this CSC story (no global firmware), and so on...

PS: "Get an iPhone" is not an option, since I personally think that Samsung-Microsoft ecosystem is really good and Galaxy devices along with Windows PCs have a great potential together. Switching is not the solution.

Last edited:

kuschelhase_13

Oct 13, 2020
I hope that in general the beta 3 will appear very quickly because I have constant problems with the mobile network, as if you would take the card out and put it back in again only that it is a workaround for the e sim and the normal sim card I haven't found any workaround so I hope every day to the beta 3

Reactions: irancosta

Oswald Boelcke

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee
Staff member
No disrespect meant.. Sorry if it came across like it. However, I am thankful for the help from the users, since I would've gone through the 33 pages and not seen that the 1st post had been updated with the link to the 2nd beta. ✌🏻
Thanks very much for your explanation, Sir. Affirmative, the first post (or what's regularly called the "OP" (opening post) on XDA) and the following one or two posts most of the time contain very valuable information in a development, guide or how-to thread including updates and downloads, and they should always been read at first, especially if there's no intention to scan all pages or to conduct a thread search. How about, just let's call it not only a lesson identified but a lesson learnt?

Have a great evening.
Regards
Oswald Boelcke

I hope that in general the beta 3 will appear very quickly because I have constant problems with the mobile network, as if you would take the card out and put it back in again only that it is a workaround for the e sim and the normal sim card I haven't found any workaround so I hope every day to the beta 3
Can reset Network Settings help?
For me, the calling app is freezing. WhatsApp too. 2-3 Times per Day. Restart my phone helps temporary

kuschelhase_13

Oct 13, 2020
Can reset Network Settings help?
For me, the calling app is freezing. WhatsApp too. 2-3 Times per Day. Restart my phone helps temporary
nope
No, unfortunately not, I've already reset the network settings. It's been since beta 2 that the mobile phone loses mobile communications at irregular intervals. There's a circle at the top with a line through it, then everything builds up normally again

Yet another new test build, ZVI9.

Not sure what this means at this point, If it turns out it got delayed again... im gonna be mad. Anyways lets hope for the best.
SmartSelect_20220920_183641_CheckFirm.jpg

Top Liked Posts