• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Energy Sistem - Android Smart Tv Box [ROOT]

Search This thread

b0b02

Apr 30, 2011
Hello everybody,

sorry if this is not the right place for this, but since I have under 10 posts & that I can't post new threads where this topic should go...well I'll put it here, and feel free to move it if needed.

After having used an HTC Desire for a while + an eepad transformer, and enjoying the various communities around android, I thought I would buy a Energy Sistem Android Smart Tv Box and it came two hours ago "not rooted".

After a quick search all over the web, I finally found something that worked to unroot the box !! :D

I am really sorry but I can't find the original thread that linked to that file. Anyway, here you go:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/y6weis
*not uploaded by me...
I do not take any credit for this, this script is from
Android ICS Root Unlocker 1.0 [GreekDev]

and it as simple as running a batch file !! AND IT WORKS !

Instructions:
1- Find the IP the box is running on (ex: 192.168.1.104)
2- open a command prompt and go to the folder where you unzipped "ICS Root Unlocker 1.0" (ex: cd c:\ICS Root Unlocker 1.0 for example)
3- Once in the folder, try a:
files\adb connect 192.168.1.104:5555
if it says connected then you're fine to continue
4- just run the "ICS_Root_Unlocker.bat" batch file from this same folder and you should be okay.

Enjoy, I hope it will help others...

and now, let's see what we can do with this ;)

b0b0

* just in case: I had the firmware updated to FW_Android_4.0.3_10-09-2012_rev01 BEFORE rooting

Last edited:

alberrc

Oct 25, 2012
Help with Energy Smart TV root on Win 8 RTM

First off all thanks for sharing your experience. I'm new to android since I always loved iOS but started thinking about android as a good alternative to the less innovative iOS/iPhone plattform. I have to say your post was the first i found after 2 months of research and I was really happy to know there was a way to root the Energy Smart TV Box. Unluckily i can't manage to root it and since I'm new to android I'm kind of stuck. I hope you can help or anybody else. Problem is:
1- I managed to install the usb drivers using the SDK manager and in task manager everything seem to be right but everytime i run the batch file i get an error in spanish ( my windows setting ) wich translation is kind of The system can't find the specified route.
2- I have tried to run adb commands and i have as result as follows
Daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
Daemon started successfully
error: device offline

PS: Device is turned on, with all the propper options ticked on in settings ( developer access and unsigned apps... )

Any advice on what to try. Remember, I'm new to android so detailed explaination would be appreciated. Thanks in advance and greeting from Spain.

b0b02

Apr 30, 2011
Mi respuesta primera: Un saludo de Sevilla ;)

Ok let's see, here's what I would do (taking into account that you already activated the usb debugging):

1- Get the IP the box is running on (ex: 192.168.1.104)
2- open a command prompt and go to the folder where you unzipped "ICS Root Unlocker 1.0" (cd c:\ICS Root Unlocker 1.0 for example)
4- just run the "ICS_Root_Unlocker.bat" batch file from this same folder and you should be okay.

If this doesn't work, then I would try to type the commands from the batch file line by line (but before starting the commands from the batch file, make sure to get the device connected OK -or similar- message first!) -> that's what I did myself and it definitely worked.

Keep us updated ;)

hasta pronto ;)

b0b0

Last edited:

alberrc

Oct 25, 2012
It worked for me

Thanks dude, it finally worked for me. I finally made it using adb connect comannd and then typing one by one all of the commands in the batch file. So thanks again and if you discover any custom rom, mods or tweaks, please share it. It would be appreciated. I'll do the same stuff.

PD: Gracias, seguí el hilo en inglés para no desvariar en el foro. Un saludo desde Gran Canaria.

b0b02

Apr 30, 2011
Glad you got it working ;)
No worries, I'll keep sharing what I find... but I'm just browsing the web for infos... I don't think I'll discover anything on my own ;)

Next thing I'm trying to work out: cifs.ko to map samba shares on boot, this way the shares will show up in the Video and other sections ;)

chuzo__22

Oct 26, 2012
First off all, many thanks for the root tip, I will prove in the next few days.

I have another problem with this device. I installed another launcher (Go Launcher HD) and everything works fine, but if the original launcher don't runs, the USB ports don't work.

If I run the original launcher before running Go Launcher, so good, but if I run directly Go Launcher fails.

I've tried other launchers and always the same problem occurs. Until we run the launcher original usb ports not respond :confused:

Greetings from Spain and many thanks in advance ;)

b0b02

Apr 30, 2011
thanks for sharing that info... I don't know how to get this sorted though, since I'm not a dev :( let's hope someone helps ;)
I hope more people will come here so we can discuss various improvements on that box ;)

b0b0

Last edited:
Reactions: alberrc

Larteas

Mar 11, 2010
Madrid
Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet
Hi, I just want to say thanks for the script, I've just rooted my Smart TV, all perfect.

Also, I want to confirm that, if you use another launcher instead of the default, if you reboot the machine your wifi wont work. Just use the other launcher and it'll start working again...

Just one more thing, you can install Flash 11 if you delete first flash 10 using Titanium Backup (or others). But I can't update the Youtube app, any ideas?

Thanks again!

chrisdroid33

Oct 31, 2012
Misc questions on this device

Hi,
The original repository for Android Root Unlock is on sourceforge.net (sorry I cannot post links)

I have a bluetooth keyboard (Rii Mini, but the bluetooth button in the prameters GUI has been removed.
I can see that the bluetooth service is running, but I cannot activate it since there is no button in the GUI.
Does anyone know how to add it again ?

Does anyone find if we can customize the apps shortcut on the main screen (add/remove some apps) ?

Thanks

Last edited:

Sanjuanero

Nov 2, 2012
Well, i tried several firmwares from similar tv box. Ours is Amlogic chipset, known as Amlogic c03ref.
But since the last firmware update, i ca say that our set top box is the most software advanced, not mention Xios DS (c03ref too).

In the last firmware, we have audio passthrough, wich is activated under the "sound-> digital output -> raw" option. This is intended to use among an a/v player multichannel in order to get real 5.1 audio. But i didn't get working this option yet.
This smart tv box is plenty of possibilities.

cheers

b0b02

Apr 30, 2011
@Sanjuanero: indeed, you're right.

I tried Stane's firmware, and it's not really adapted to our boxes.
-I don't have adb access to the box (no idea why)...
-I don't have root neither,
-wifi is not working,(stuck while trying to activate)
-and the TV app is missing...I tried to take it out of the official firmware but no luck...
-most keys of the remote like Web, App, Settings etc do not work... (I took the remote.conf file out of the official firmware)

anyway, once I flashed the latest v2 firmware from Energy Sistem, the box ended up doing what I was asking for: access to CIFS shares.

I now did a /sdcard/mount_shares.sh script containing:
Code:
#!/system/bin/sh
su -c "mkdir /mnt/cifs_mnt"
su -c "mkdir /mnt/cifs_mnt/d"
su -c "mkdir /mnt/cifs_mnt/e"
su -c "mkdir /mnt/sdcard/movies_on_b0b0"
su -c "mkdir /mnt/sdcard/mp3_on_b0b0"
su -c "mount -t cifs -o rw,noperm,user=\"YOUR_USERNAME\",password=\"YOUR_PASSWORD\" //192.168.1.4/d$ /mnt/cifs_mnt/d"
su -c "mount -t cifs -o rw,noperm,user=\"YOUR_USERNAME\",password=\"YOUR_PASSWORD\" //192.168.1.4/e$ /mnt/cifs_mnt/e"
su -c "mount -o bind /mnt/cifs_mnt/e/movies/ /mnt/sdcard/movies_on_b0b0"
su -c "mount -o bind /mnt/cifs_mnt/d/MP3/ /mnt/sdcard/mp3_on_b0b0"

and use Script Manager to run the script at boot.

Now, everytime my box starts, I can go into the Home movie icon (or music) and access my movies straight away by going into /sdcard/movies_on_b0b0

Wicked !

I hope it helps others,

b0b0

chrisdroid33

Oct 31, 2012
yes this works fine.
thanks a lot.
I can now access my nas automatically

Sent from my A500 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 08:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

I'll give a try. thanks

chrisdroid33

Oct 31, 2012
I tried and it looks promising, but dont'k know why now my USB devices do not work anymore (USB wired keyboard and mouse)

chuzo__22

Oct 26, 2012
chrisdroid33, see my previus post:

I have another problem with this device. I installed another launcher (Go Launcher HD) and everything works fine, but if the original launcher don't runs, the USB ports don't work.

If I run the original launcher before running Go Launcher, so good, but if I run directly Go Launcher fails.

Now, I'm using Home Switcher app for easy switch on launchers.

chrisdroid33

Oct 31, 2012
hi
thanks for your feedback.
so to have go launcher and USB i need to start the original launcher first ?
home switcher can help, but what would be good is to automate the start of the original launcher and then the go launcher.
maybe with script manager ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everybody,

sorry if this is not the right place for this, but since I have under 10 posts & that I can't post new threads where this topic should go...well I'll put it here, and feel free to move it if needed.

After having used an HTC Desire for a while + an eepad transformer, and enjoying the various communities around android, I thought I would buy a Energy Sistem Android Smart Tv Box and it came two hours ago "not rooted".

After a quick search all over the web, I finally found something that worked to unroot the box !! :D

I am really sorry but I can't find the original thread that linked to that file. Anyway, here you go:
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/y6weis
    *not uploaded by me...
    I do not take any credit for this, this script is from
    Android ICS Root Unlocker 1.0 [GreekDev]

and it as simple as running a batch file !! AND IT WORKS !

Instructions:
    1- Find the IP the box is running on (ex: 192.168.1.104)
    2- open a command prompt and go to the folder where you unzipped "ICS Root Unlocker 1.0" (ex: cd c:\ICS Root Unlocker 1.0 for example)

Enjoy, I hope it will help others...

and now, let's see what we can do with this ;)

b0b0

* just in case: I had the firmware updated to FW_Android_4.0.3_10-09-2012_rev01 BEFORE rooting
    Mi respuesta primera: Un saludo de Sevilla ;)

Ok let's see, here's what I would do (taking into account that you already activated the usb debugging):

1- Get the IP the box is running on (ex: 192.168.1.104)
    2- open a command prompt and go to the folder where you unzipped "ICS Root Unlocker 1.0" (cd c:\ICS Root Unlocker 1.0 for example)

If this doesn't work, then I would try to type the commands from the batch file line by line (but before starting the commands from the batch file, make sure to get the device connected OK -or similar- message first!) -> that's what I did myself and it definitely worked.

Keep us updated ;)

hasta pronto ;)

b0b0
    @Sanjuanero: indeed, you're right.

I tried Stane's firmware, and it's not really adapted to our boxes.
    -I don't have adb access to the box (no idea why)...
    -I don't have root neither,
    -wifi is not working,(stuck while trying to activate)
    -and the TV app is missing...I tried to take it out of the official firmware but no luck...
    -most keys of the remote like Web, App, Settings etc do not work... (I took the remote.conf file out of the official firmware)

anyway, once I flashed the latest v2 firmware from Energy Sistem, the box ended up doing what I was asking for: access to CIFS shares.

I now did a /sdcard/mount_shares.sh script containing:
    Code:
    #!/system/bin/sh
    su -c "mkdir /mnt/cifs_mnt"
    su -c "mkdir /mnt/cifs_mnt/d"
    su -c "mkdir /mnt/cifs_mnt/e"
    su -c "mkdir /mnt/sdcard/movies_on_b0b0"
    su -c "mkdir /mnt/sdcard/mp3_on_b0b0"
    su -c "mount -t cifs -o rw,noperm,user=\"YOUR_USERNAME\",password=\"YOUR_PASSWORD\" //192.168.1.4/d$ /mnt/cifs_mnt/d"
    su -c "mount -t cifs -o rw,noperm,user=\"YOUR_USERNAME\",password=\"YOUR_PASSWORD\" //192.168.1.4/e$ /mnt/cifs_mnt/e"
    su -c "mount -o bind /mnt/cifs_mnt/e/movies/ /mnt/sdcard/movies_on_b0b0"
    su -c "mount -o bind /mnt/cifs_mnt/d/MP3/ /mnt/sdcard/mp3_on_b0b0"

and use Script Manager to run the script at boot.

Now, everytime my box starts, I can go into the Home movie icon (or music) and access my movies straight away by going into /sdcard/movies_on_b0b0

Wicked !

I hope it helps others,

b0b0
    @JosipoGo:
    Yes there is an APP ;)
    http://www.everbesthk.com/8-download/mygica/RemoteIME/RemoteIME20120616.apk

Thanks to this post ;)
    "Por si alguno se os pierde o rompe el mando, hay una aplicación en android que hace que se pueda controlar el smart TV con el Telefono."
    *"In case the remote gets lost or broken, there is an Android app that allows controlling the Samrt TV with the mobile"
    http://forum.energysistem.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&p=104#p104
    Happening to me, as well. Nightmare. :(

The Only solution for this is to wipe everything...

Enviado desde mi GT-I9300 usando Tapatalk 2