Search This thread

b0b02

Apr 30, 2011
Last edited:
Reactions: JosipoGo and tulio4

tulio4

Dec 3, 2012
I'm glad I could help !!! :)

"Think the Energy Sistem box may be missing uinput, or something like that. Anyone have any ideas? "
I'm thinking the same ;) I tried that too, hoping I'd use my Android Smartphone to control the Smart TV, but no luck... :(
Maybe it would be worth it asking for improvements on the box dedicated forum ;) it's getting alive slowly...

b0b0

It's in Spanish, my good man.

I'm afraid I can't read it. :good:

---------- Post added at 05:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 PM ----------

@JosipoGo:
Yes there is an APP ;)

b0b02 you're a hero!!

Thanks a lot!!

Works great!

Reactions: b0b02

b0b02

Apr 30, 2011
Thanks for the heads up ;) I have just added the needed translation in the post ;) the rest is useless...
One thing I don't understand about this remoteIME, is how the hell can I control my TV without entering any password :s... but that's another topic ;)

JosipoGo

Nov 22, 2011
Sarajevo
@JosipoGo:
Yes there is an APP ;)
http://www.everbesthk.com/8-download/mygica/RemoteIME/RemoteIME20120616.apk

Thanks to this post ;)
"Por si alguno se os pierde o rompe el mando, hay una aplicación en android que hace que se pueda controlar el smart TV con el Telefono."
*"In case the remote gets lost or broken, there is an Android app that allows controlling the Samrt TV with the mobile"
http://forum.energysistem.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&p=104#p104

Thanks. I was thinking on application for windows, they did not quite understand me. In any case I am order RC11 remote.

By the way, just installed latest XBMC RC, works, it play divx quite well but anything above like 720p very poor. Just be careful, you need to raise volume level of box to maximum before you run XBMC, otherwise you will not have a sound. One minute for setting access to network video library on Windows 8 machine.
For a couple of days I am expect to get MK808, I will see will XBMC work on it.

Cheers.

JosipoGo

Nov 22, 2011
Sarajevo
Ok, so the update formats /system, so I had to try again with the root script. The good news is that the script worked again.

I'll attach to this post a zip file with the script prepared in 4 files. Just remember that on every step the smart tv will reboot and in the 3 step dont worry if you dont see anything, just wait to the wifi to connect and go to the 3.bat and 4.bat (this time between 3 and 4 there wont be any reboot).

Remember to set to default the original launcher before doing this. Although...

The bad news, I have to wipe user data, because the screen resolution keeps crashing.

Hi Larteas,
Please advice, does not matter how I try to root, run bat file or type line by line content of bat file, each time I get output:

error: more than one device and emulator

adb is connected as it should be.

Thanks

EDIT: Solved, just I run it adb kill-server, and then connect again, emulator instance then will not run

Last edited:

Energyfan

Dec 7, 2012
Hello everyone, I still do not understand how I could not do the root ... I did everything as it was in the post b0b02, but I can not root the box just restarted, but nothing happened, someone help me ...

danieleamolead

Dec 19, 2012
Greetings to the entire board,
I am Daniel Turin Italy, I bought this product a week ago:
Droid_tv by jepssen
I followed to gain control of the root guide in the first page of the forum,
1 - Find the IP is running on the box 10.164.179.179
2 - open a command prompt and go to the folder where you unzipped "ICS Root Unlocker 1.0" (ex: cd c: \ ICS Root Unlocker 1.0 for example)
3 - Once in the folder, try to:
files \ adb connect 10.164.179.179:5555
My result is:
C: \ ICS Root Unlocker 1.0> files \ adb connect 10.164.179.179:5555
* Daemon not running. starting it now *
* Daemon started successfully *
unable to connect to 10.164.179.179:5555

I do not understand where wrong ...:(

I had the firmware updated to FW_Android_4.0.3_10-09-2012
Ciao

Last edited:

b0b02

Apr 30, 2011
@danieleamolead :
This IP (10.164.179.179) looks weird... are you sure your box is using this IP address??? Can you go on Internet with your box while using this IP?
Have you turned "usb debugging" feature on?

Energyfan

Dec 7, 2012
hello all again, I have a usb gamepad similar to the playstation, I call it the Energy Smart TV, messes in the menus, but I can not go a few options ... Is not there a way for the gamepad to work with games in android? already tried installing a few applications but nothing ...

AlessandroSR

Nov 26, 2012
What ROM did you guys install on this beautiful toy?

---------- Post added at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 AM ----------

Also, I think I rooted it (the operation run smoothly, but I didn't get a confirm/fail message), but it seems I can't get root permissions. Any clue?

baha2012

Oct 22, 2012
brighton
help

Hello I have been brought one of these energy sistem tv boxes as a xmas gift,as i wanted something to watch sport streaming apps on my tv,
now i have an app called admc sport which is a football streaming app but when i watch it the quality is very poor,flash player 10.2 is pre installed on this device ,I dont know how to improve this ,do i need to root and uninstall flash then install a new one, any help on this would be very much appreciated.

baha2012

Oct 22, 2012
brighton
root help

hello i am also trying to root this device but when I enter my ip address in comand prompt it just wont connect ,please could someone help me with a step by step guide.
thanks.

JosipoGo

Nov 22, 2011
Sarajevo
Power up resolution issue

Hi.
Does anyone experienced problem with default screen resolution when boot up EnergySistem Box?
On my box, when I power up device it always boot at 420p and every time I need manually to goes under Setting/Display and choose 1080p.
If anyone knows workaround for this issue, appreciate.
I am not sure when this first time occur, but what I am done is installed update from EnergySistem Support web page and then rooted box, that is.
Is some of these procedure make mess, I do not know but Energy Support answer it that is some problem with operating system files.
That is, please help.
Thanks

Larteas

Mar 11, 2010
Madrid
Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet
I have the same problem when I updated my smart tv. I just had to do a factory reset from the settings menu.

After that everything goes well with the screen resolution

Enviado desde mi GT-I9300 usando Tapatalk 2

baha2012

Oct 22, 2012
brighton
I have followed step by step on rooting this device ,when I run the batch file my box reboots but all i get is a blank screen and nothing on comand prompt,please help ?

JosipoGo

Nov 22, 2011
Sarajevo
I have the same problem when I updated my smart tv. I just had to do a factory reset from the settings menu.

After that everything goes well with the screen resolution

Is this issue caused by rooting box or what? By the way, factory reset, will it lock box and will I need to root again?

I must be frankly, I am not prefere Android as OS for any purpuse, specially on the phone, but this time I am decide to give him opportunity as Smart TV Box. I was thinking to build Smart TV environement but easilly I am loosing patient.I do not know is this problem with apps or with box itself but build in apps for video and music work, but advanced apps as BS Player, VLC, XBMC do not want to work at all. One my friend told me to order MK808, beside Energy Android TV Box, tommorow I will pick it from post office. If I see that is same bull**** as this box, do not know what to say, exept to build HTPC on Windows 8.
Cheers.

Larteas

Mar 11, 2010
Madrid
Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet
I don't know why the factory reset was needed, but that solved the problem in may case. As for the root, if you had rooted it and do the factory reset using the settings menu, you'll keep su binary file, and I think that you'll keep superuser app, but if you wont, you'll have to just download it again.

I love having android on my phone and it's the only reason I had bought this smart tv box, but I can understand your point of view about this. I think the smart box have a decent hardware, but a buggy and poor software.

Thankfully, there are people like b0b02 go gets us the option to keep improving the system. Also, if you can keep an eye on the Spanish user forum you will see that there are others ROMs available for the smart box, each one with its benefits (for example, http://www.dyon.eu/web/page_mp_3_ag_90_an_D840017.html but keep in mind that on the same forum they write about that if you install this rom you will lose the remote unless you root it and replace system/etc/remote.conf with the original one, so backup!)

And about the MK808, I didn't used it, but I've read that you'll need to root and work on it too to make it better...

I think that this devices, right now, aren't the most powerful option, but they do the job, let's hope that developers can make it better in the future...

ferdo123

Jan 2, 2013
Zagreb
live stream from Internet

Hi guys,
I'm seriously consider to buy this TV box. Has anybody tried live streaming direct from Internet, e.g. football matches (with or without sopcast) ? Please describe your experience. Thx.

Ferdo

JosipoGo

Nov 22, 2011
Sarajevo
I don't know why the factory reset was needed, but that solved the problem in may case. As for the root, if you had rooted it and do the factory reset using the settings menu, you'll keep su binary file, and I think that you'll keep superuser app, but if you wont, you'll have to just download it again.

I love having android on my phone and it's the only reason I had bought this smart tv box, but I can understand your point of view about this. I think the smart box have a decent hardware, but a buggy and poor software.

Thankfully, there are people like b0b02 go gets us the option to keep improving the system. Also, if you can keep an eye on the Spanish user forum you will see that there are others ROMs available for the smart box, each one with its benefits (for example, http://www.dyon.eu/web/page_mp_3_ag_90_an_D840017.html but keep in mind that on the same forum they write about that if you install this rom you will lose the remote unless you root it and replace system/etc/remote.conf with the original one, so backup!)

And about the MK808, I didn't used it, but I've read that you'll need to root and work on it too to make it better...

I think that this devices, right now, aren't the most powerful option, but they do the job, let's hope that developers can make it better in the future...

Hi Larteas,
Regarding my problem, factory reset is help and box is stayed rooted.
Regarding my point of view, on Android as OS, as you said, most of Android compatible HW (TV Box and phones) it have decent HW specification (single core, dual core, quad core etc) but buggy and poor software (Android SW) and I agree with you that third part ROM bring some better experience for users but ussually you lost some of funcionality or you need to edit conf file to bring it back. But look, you need to put additional effort, time to have usefull device and then you need to follow what is new.
In any case, on my opinion Android phone or Android TV box is toy for playing but we are not kids any more.
Then apps, some work like they should be but some do not work at all.
100% I am agree with you that developes can it make it better, but what is the problem that they develop newer version of Android that usually is not compatible with device that you own or you need to root device that be able to install newer version.
I am not saying that iPhone and /or Windows Phone are better then Android phone, but they offer better user expeience if you use it as regular mobile phone.
Additionally, on my opinion, problem of Android is so much version of OS.

MK808 is not yet arrive, I wil post my experience with MK808, but now is situation that I am still plug my laptop via HDMI with TV if I want better multimedia experience.
That is.
Cheers and best wishes in 2013.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everybody,

sorry if this is not the right place for this, but since I have under 10 posts & that I can't post new threads where this topic should go...well I'll put it here, and feel free to move it if needed.

After having used an HTC Desire for a while + an eepad transformer, and enjoying the various communities around android, I thought I would buy a Energy Sistem Android Smart Tv Box and it came two hours ago "not rooted".

After a quick search all over the web, I finally found something that worked to unroot the box !! :D

I am really sorry but I can't find the original thread that linked to that file. Anyway, here you go:
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/y6weis
    *not uploaded by me...
    I do not take any credit for this, this script is from
    Android ICS Root Unlocker 1.0 [GreekDev]

and it as simple as running a batch file !! AND IT WORKS !

Instructions:
    1- Find the IP the box is running on (ex: 192.168.1.104)
    2- open a command prompt and go to the folder where you unzipped "ICS Root Unlocker 1.0" (ex: cd c:\ICS Root Unlocker 1.0 for example)
    3- Once in the folder, try a:
    files\adb connect 192.168.1.104:5555
    if it says connected then you're fine to continue
    4- just run the "ICS_Root_Unlocker.bat" batch file from this same folder and you should be okay.

Enjoy, I hope it will help others...

and now, let's see what we can do with this ;)

b0b0

* just in case: I had the firmware updated to FW_Android_4.0.3_10-09-2012_rev01 BEFORE rooting
    Mi respuesta primera: Un saludo de Sevilla ;)

Ok let's see, here's what I would do (taking into account that you already activated the usb debugging):

1- Get the IP the box is running on (ex: 192.168.1.104)
    2- open a command prompt and go to the folder where you unzipped "ICS Root Unlocker 1.0" (cd c:\ICS Root Unlocker 1.0 for example)
    3- Once in the folder, try a:
    files\adb connect 192.168.1.104:5555
    if it says connected then you're fine to continue
    4- just run the "ICS_Root_Unlocker.bat" batch file from this same folder and you should be okay.

If this doesn't work, then I would try to type the commands from the batch file line by line (but before starting the commands from the batch file, make sure to get the device connected OK -or similar- message first!) -> that's what I did myself and it definitely worked.

Keep us updated ;)

hasta pronto ;)

b0b0
    @Sanjuanero: indeed, you're right.

I tried Stane's firmware, and it's not really adapted to our boxes.
    -I don't have adb access to the box (no idea why)...
    -I don't have root neither,
    -wifi is not working,(stuck while trying to activate)
    -and the TV app is missing...I tried to take it out of the official firmware but no luck...
    -most keys of the remote like Web, App, Settings etc do not work... (I took the remote.conf file out of the official firmware)

anyway, once I flashed the latest v2 firmware from Energy Sistem, the box ended up doing what I was asking for: access to CIFS shares.

I now did a /sdcard/mount_shares.sh script containing:
    Code:
    #!/system/bin/sh
    su -c "mkdir /mnt/cifs_mnt"
    su -c "mkdir /mnt/cifs_mnt/d"
    su -c "mkdir /mnt/cifs_mnt/e"
    su -c "mkdir /mnt/sdcard/movies_on_b0b0"
    su -c "mkdir /mnt/sdcard/mp3_on_b0b0"
    su -c "mount -t cifs -o rw,noperm,user=\"YOUR_USERNAME\",password=\"YOUR_PASSWORD\" //192.168.1.4/d$ /mnt/cifs_mnt/d"
    su -c "mount -t cifs -o rw,noperm,user=\"YOUR_USERNAME\",password=\"YOUR_PASSWORD\" //192.168.1.4/e$ /mnt/cifs_mnt/e"
    su -c "mount -o bind /mnt/cifs_mnt/e/movies/ /mnt/sdcard/movies_on_b0b0"
    su -c "mount -o bind /mnt/cifs_mnt/d/MP3/ /mnt/sdcard/mp3_on_b0b0"

and use Script Manager to run the script at boot.

Now, everytime my box starts, I can go into the Home movie icon (or music) and access my movies straight away by going into /sdcard/movies_on_b0b0

Wicked !

I hope it helps others,

b0b0
    @JosipoGo:
    Yes there is an APP ;)
    http://www.everbesthk.com/8-download/mygica/RemoteIME/RemoteIME20120616.apk

Thanks to this post ;)
    "Por si alguno se os pierde o rompe el mando, hay una aplicación en android que hace que se pueda controlar el smart TV con el Telefono."
    *"In case the remote gets lost or broken, there is an Android app that allows controlling the Samrt TV with the mobile"
    http://forum.energysistem.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&p=104#p104
    Happening to me, as well. Nightmare. :(

The Only solution for this is to wipe everything...