Energy Sistem - Android Smart Tv Box [ROOT]

Search This thread

zeljko_111

Jan 4, 2013
I bought this device and i'm having some problems with it. After i connected it to my TV i got wifi on, and pluged mouse in USB, but after few minutes WIFI and USB connectors stopped working and now i can't get them back on. Wifi is trying to turn on but it can't and what ever i try to plug in USB doesn't work. I didn't try to root my device or anything it just stopped working. Can u please give me some ideas what to do.

AlessandroSR

Nov 26, 2012
I simply can't root it :(
I installed the update, I do everything correct, but when I run the bat, all it does is to reboot, without rooting. Any advice?

Larteas

Mar 11, 2010
Madrid
Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet
Another method for root, more easy but as always totaly your risk:

Just download this zip file: http://www.4shared.com/zip/0E14ZavP/CWM-SuperSU-v096AML.html
Copy to a usb drive
Install it using "update" app or recovery

PS: to enter recovery just power off the smart tv, plug the usb with the zip file and press the on button for about 10 seconds.

---------- Post added at 12:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 PM ----------

I bought this device and i'm having some problems with it. After i connected it to my TV i got wifi on, and pluged mouse in USB, but after few minutes WIFI and USB connectors stopped working and now i can't get them back on. Wifi is trying to turn on but it can't and what ever i try to plug in USB doesn't work. I didn't try to root my device or anything it just stopped working. Can u please give me some ideas what to do.

This is probably caused if you changed the launcher...

Reactions: BoomBadill

sacreew

Oct 29, 2010
Gmail problem

Hello everyone!

Does anyone tried Gmail? Every time I run it it causes a FC.

¿Any solution?

Also I had problems with the WIFI. It disconnects every 3-4 minutes... :(

I had tried modifiying the values for WIFI y advance settings...but with the same results

Regards

Last edited:

mgy1912

Jun 11, 2009
I tried to follow the guide to get root on my plunk tv box. Until step 3 all ok (connected to 192.168.1.70:8080). But but when I launch the bat file I get the following message: error device not found. What's wrong?

Thank you in advance and greetings from Rome, Italy

AlessandroSR

Nov 26, 2012

Just download this zip file:
Copy to a usb drive

PS: to enter recovery just power off the smart tv, plug the usb with the zip file and press the on button for about 10 seconds.

Great, it worked! Thanks! Now - I can't get Flash 11.1 to get installed. It says "app not installed" even with the version you posted several pages ago. Maybe should I delete the Titanium backup I created with Titanium?

EDIT - TV Box rebooted - it worked!

Last edited:

sacreew

Oct 29, 2010
Great, it worked! Thanks! Now - I can't get Flash 11.1 to get installed. It says "app not installed" even with the version you posted several pages ago. Maybe should I delete the Titanium backup I created with Titanium?

EDIT - TV Box rebooted - it worked!

To install Flash Player 11.1 you have to be root. The zip file provided by Larteas works like a charm with the recovery. :)

1) Enable unknow sources.
2) Download flash player 11.1 from Adobe archive for Android 4.x.
3) Install Root uninstaller.
4) Using Root uninstaller Freeze Adobe 10.2 process, make a BackUp and Uninstall.
5) Reboot TV Box.
6) Install the adobe 11.1 apk.
7) Enjoy. :)

Just in case, you can restore the previous versión with the backup.

Last edited:

kesy85

Oct 25, 2011
Hello to everybody, I just bought a energy system android box.

Anyone have successfully flashed from a clockworkmod recovery (from sd card)?

and also anyone triyed or suceded to flash ICS-010813-M1/M3 from xion ds m1? they realase updates very often, and it look to be the same hardware (maybe no tv tuner but I found geniatech seems to distributes dvb packages as apk instead of putting them in the rom)

(I'm sorry for my english, I hope it will be understandable)

tulio4

Dec 3, 2012
USB Hard Drive

Hi, I've plugged a hard drive into the USB slot and the box recognises it. I can play movies from it, etc... but I can't download anything to it. Does anyone know the correct path or have any experience of this?

Thanks!

EDIT: No matter... sorted! :)

Last edited:

mikelin

Oct 8, 2009
gapps

Hi there!

I have my energy smart tv box rooted and so on.. installed a awebcam.. tried with skype and working. But I wanted to install "gapps".. but i cannot find the right way. Should I install cyanogenmod? Will it work? Anyone has any idea about it?

Thanx!
M.A.

sacreew

Oct 29, 2010
Hi there!

I have my energy smart tv box rooted and so on.. installed a awebcam.. tried with skype and working. But I wanted to install "gapps".. but i cannot find the right way. Should I install cyanogenmod? Will it work? Anyone has any idea about it?

Thanx!
M.A.

Cyanogen? You can not install Cyanogen . It had to be modiffied to our hardware. So you can do it, unless you want to have a beatifull brick.

You have Google play, so you can install gapps...by the way, some of them are not working. For example Gmail is generating a FC. But with the provided Mail app, everything is working.

mikelin

Oct 8, 2009
I tried.. but I cannot find Google Talk in Google Play.. which is the one I wanted. With videoconference support. Anyone?

Cyanogen? You can not install Cyanogen . It had to be modiffied to our hardware. So you can do it, unless you want to have a beatifull brick.

You have Google play, so you can install gapps...by the way, some of them are not working. For example Gmail is generating a FC. But with the provided Mail app, everything is working.

sacreew

Oct 29, 2010
WIFI problems solved

Hello everyone,

finally I had found the problem about the continuous disconnections with WIFI in N mode. The problem is the conbination of N mode with WPA2 and Android 4.0.x. That Android version had a bug with this mode and some routers.

So the easiest solution is to change the validation to WPA not WPA2.

Regards

mikelin

Oct 8, 2009
USB Problem

I'm facing another problem now.. after trying to install some apps.. and finally reinstalling firmware, and rooting the android box (using Larteas method), I have a problem with usb stick. When I plug it, it mounts "correctly".. appears under mnt/sda1.. and I can browse files, and even play videos. But the other apps, such as torrent, dropbox, or pixel media server, don't seem to see the usb unit, and don't let me save files onto it. Is it some problem with permissions? How could I try to solve that?

Many thanx for your help!
M.A.

sacreew

Oct 29, 2010
I tried.. but I cannot find Google Talk in Google Play.. which is the one I wanted. With videoconference support. Anyone?

You can download from Internet the apk, and install it. But if it is disabled from Market for some kind of incompatibility. Remember to check the unkown sources from security.

If you can not install with the apk installer you can follow this steps with a console, store the apk in your SD:

$su
$mount

Check your system partition to mount it in RW mode.

$mount -o remount,rw your_system_partition /system

Copy the apk to system

$cp /sdcard/Talk.apk /system/app
$reboot

Last edited:

BoomBadill

Aug 30, 2012

Just download this zip file: ...can't post links yet
Copy to a usb drive

This worked like a charm. Thank you. :)

slajtman

Jan 22, 2013
hello

After installing flash player 11, when i use browser energy sistem is restarting every time. i tray mozilla,chrome,dolphin,orginal browser and is restarting.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everybody,

sorry if this is not the right place for this, but since I have under 10 posts & that I can't post new threads where this topic should go...well I'll put it here, and feel free to move it if needed.

After having used an HTC Desire for a while + an eepad transformer, and enjoying the various communities around android, I thought I would buy a Energy Sistem Android Smart Tv Box and it came two hours ago "not rooted".

After a quick search all over the web, I finally found something that worked to unroot the box !! :D

I am really sorry but I can't find the original thread that linked to that file. Anyway, here you go:
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/y6weis
    *not uploaded by me...
    I do not take any credit for this, this script is from
    Android ICS Root Unlocker 1.0 [GreekDev]

and it as simple as running a batch file !! AND IT WORKS !

Instructions:
    1- Find the IP the box is running on (ex: 192.168.1.104)
    2- open a command prompt and go to the folder where you unzipped "ICS Root Unlocker 1.0" (ex: cd c:\ICS Root Unlocker 1.0 for example)
    3- Once in the folder, try a:
    files\adb connect 192.168.1.104:5555
    if it says connected then you're fine to continue
    4- just run the "ICS_Root_Unlocker.bat" batch file from this same folder and you should be okay.

Enjoy, I hope it will help others...

and now, let's see what we can do with this ;)

b0b0

* just in case: I had the firmware updated to FW_Android_4.0.3_10-09-2012_rev01 BEFORE rooting
    Mi respuesta primera: Un saludo de Sevilla ;)

Ok let's see, here's what I would do (taking into account that you already activated the usb debugging):

1- Get the IP the box is running on (ex: 192.168.1.104)
    2- open a command prompt and go to the folder where you unzipped "ICS Root Unlocker 1.0" (cd c:\ICS Root Unlocker 1.0 for example)
    3- Once in the folder, try a:
    files\adb connect 192.168.1.104:5555
    if it says connected then you're fine to continue
    4- just run the "ICS_Root_Unlocker.bat" batch file from this same folder and you should be okay.

If this doesn't work, then I would try to type the commands from the batch file line by line (but before starting the commands from the batch file, make sure to get the device connected OK -or similar- message first!) -> that's what I did myself and it definitely worked.

Keep us updated ;)

hasta pronto ;)

b0b0
    @Sanjuanero: indeed, you're right.

I tried Stane's firmware, and it's not really adapted to our boxes.
    -I don't have adb access to the box (no idea why)...
    -I don't have root neither,
    -wifi is not working,(stuck while trying to activate)
    -and the TV app is missing...I tried to take it out of the official firmware but no luck...
    -most keys of the remote like Web, App, Settings etc do not work... (I took the remote.conf file out of the official firmware)

anyway, once I flashed the latest v2 firmware from Energy Sistem, the box ended up doing what I was asking for: access to CIFS shares.

I now did a /sdcard/mount_shares.sh script containing:
    Code:
    #!/system/bin/sh
    su -c "mkdir /mnt/cifs_mnt"
    su -c "mkdir /mnt/cifs_mnt/d"
    su -c "mkdir /mnt/cifs_mnt/e"
    su -c "mkdir /mnt/sdcard/movies_on_b0b0"
    su -c "mkdir /mnt/sdcard/mp3_on_b0b0"
    su -c "mount -t cifs -o rw,noperm,user=\"YOUR_USERNAME\",password=\"YOUR_PASSWORD\" //192.168.1.4/d$ /mnt/cifs_mnt/d"
    su -c "mount -t cifs -o rw,noperm,user=\"YOUR_USERNAME\",password=\"YOUR_PASSWORD\" //192.168.1.4/e$ /mnt/cifs_mnt/e"
    su -c "mount -o bind /mnt/cifs_mnt/e/movies/ /mnt/sdcard/movies_on_b0b0"
    su -c "mount -o bind /mnt/cifs_mnt/d/MP3/ /mnt/sdcard/mp3_on_b0b0"

and use Script Manager to run the script at boot.

Now, everytime my box starts, I can go into the Home movie icon (or music) and access my movies straight away by going into /sdcard/movies_on_b0b0

Wicked !

I hope it helps others,

b0b0
    @JosipoGo:
    Yes there is an APP ;)
    http://www.everbesthk.com/8-download/mygica/RemoteIME/RemoteIME20120616.apk

Thanks to this post ;)
    "Por si alguno se os pierde o rompe el mando, hay una aplicación en android que hace que se pueda controlar el smart TV con el Telefono."
    *"In case the remote gets lost or broken, there is an Android app that allows controlling the Samrt TV with the mobile"
    http://forum.energysistem.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&p=104#p104
    Happening to me, as well. Nightmare. :(

The Only solution for this is to wipe everything...

Enviado desde mi GT-I9300 usando Tapatalk 2