[ENGINE/GAME][Q/A]Doom 3 Source relesed. How about a port? :)

Search This thread

RippeR37

Mar 13, 2010
Hey,

I remember day when quake 3 ports have been relesed to Android and it was something awsome. But today smartphones are so much faster (SII, Tegra2 and Tegra3 coming) and yesterday source code for Doom 3 was released. I think current-gen top smartphones will run it v.good so... Is there any1 who would be interested in porting this engine to Android platform? I'm sure many people around world will be very happy to see such good game ported on our phones. ;)

So... What do you think?

//Edit:
https://github.com/TTimo/doom3.gpl source code on github.

engwee

Feb 16, 2011
hope as well, but it will probably work like hell
I remember having 15fps when it came out and that gpu was certainly better than the one in s2, but anyway I'd still like to see the main menu on phone at least ^^

Lunastras

Jul 1, 2012
Bucharest
I have found a doom 3 port

Heh, the guy who made counter fire on the android market made a port of doom 3 for android, youtube(dot)com/watch?v=nORuFlho30c (sorry but i am a new user so i can't post outside links)

However, the official doom 3 for phones is keep coming closer, the doom 3 developers already made doom 3 for Ubuntu and Linux, yesterday i have found some kernels that are Linux and Ubuntu, and that an android can emulate Linux and Ubuntu, Doom 3 would be available for android like in 2013 or sooner, but till that days let's enjoy this version made by this guy from youtube
NOTE, you need ICS and the original game for the PC for it

UPDATE*
links are not working

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey,

I remember day when quake 3 ports have been relesed to Android and it was something awsome. But today smartphones are so much faster (SII, Tegra2 and Tegra3 coming) and yesterday source code for Doom 3 was released. I think current-gen top smartphones will run it v.good so... Is there any1 who would be interested in porting this engine to Android platform? I'm sure many people around world will be very happy to see such good game ported on our phones. ;)

So... What do you think?

//Edit:
    https://github.com/TTimo/doom3.gpl source code on github.