• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Engineering mode codes and apps on Android 2.1/2.2

Search This thread

moneytoo

Recognized Developer
Feb 20, 2007
brouken.com
Type these codes in phone dialer:

*#*#307#*#* Enable engineering apps in launcher
*#*#308#*#* Disable engineering apps in launcher

(... and reboot - depends on your launcher)

Froyo Notes:
The codes work on Android 2.2, however you have to change property "ro.build.CONFIG_BUILDTYPE_SHIP" in /system/build.prop from 1 to 0.

Apps will appear in launcher
  • Calibrator
  • CDMA NAM Programming
  • Dev Tools
  • EMList
  • Log Master
  • Neocore
  • OOD_OOM
  • Qualcomm Settings
  • QVTester-04
  • Spare Parts
  • VerificationSuite

so try EMList or Neocore ...

5ts4li.png
262te8x.png

s4ykr6.png
eqtetj.png

Last edited:
Reactions: mrcrowley666

ronj1986

Dec 31, 2008
Queens, NY
Hey thanks moneytoo!!! Using this menu, I now have the option to install unknown sources. I have posted a thread detailing the steps if you haven't set it up on your device already.

Sent from my Dell Streak using XDA App

likemytoys

Sep 4, 2010
Central Texas
Moor cool codes

I'm using a Dell Streak US version 1.6 build 6601 and they work on my phone.

Check out this code. * # * # 4 6 3 6 # * # *

I can't post the web site, but if you message me I'll be glad to pass it on.

Im sure this info is here some where on XDA, but this looks like a good place to have it.

Thanks All

BTW this code was for version 2.1, but worked well on 1.6

Last edited:

Colonel Panic

Oct 23, 2010
St. Louis
Thanks for the code. However, not all of the apps appear on mine, specifically:

CDMA NAM Programming
Neocore
OOD_OOM
Qualcomm Settings
QVTester-04
VerificationSuite

I am on stock 1.6 (build 6601) on AT&T. I don't really have a use for them, I just think there is nothing cooler than having a real developer phone. :D

If they are not available, could I extract them from a different ROM, such as the 02 1.6?

csasek

Dec 10, 2007
Shenzhen, China
funUSBdrives.com
I'm using a Dell Streak US version 1.6 build 6601 and they work on my phone.

Check out this code. * # * # 4 6 3 6 # * # *

I can't post the web site, but if you message me I'll be glad to pass it on.

Im sure this info is here some where on XDA, but this looks like a good place to have it.

Thanks All

BTW this code was for version 2.1, but worked well on 1.6

what does this code do?

1800yolk

Jul 24, 2009
Froyo Notes:
The codes work on Android 2.2, however you have to change property "ro.build.CONFIG_BUILDTYPE_SHIP" in /system/build.prop from 1 to 0.

I changed this setting in that file, and this did not allow me to enter engineering mode. I also rebooted after saving the file, and opened it to make sure the setting was changed. I am running the official 2.2 release, and would love to be able to unlock the engineering apps.. Thanks, Brian

fone_fanatic

Aug 4, 2005
Central Texas
I changed this setting in that file, and this did not allow me to enter engineering mode. I also rebooted after saving the file, and opened it to make sure the setting was changed. I am running the official 2.2 release, and would love to be able to unlock the engineering apps.. Thanks, Brian

Worked for me. At first it said something about wrong password on sd card.
Then i changed the build.prop as stated, rebooted and typed in *#*#307#*#* and voila EMLIST and all other apps now appearing!

msgnyc

Mar 13, 2006
Tri-State
You dont need to input the code btw or change your build.prop to access EMList or the other hidden apps.
[edit] I just realized this, sorry.
You may have to actually be using ADW to do this. I'm not entirely sure if "Activities" is able to be selected if your not using ADW. It has an ADW icon.

Just longpress on the homescreen>custom shortcut>pick your activity>activities>EMList>Emlist(.EMListInstaller)

click the shortcut n your done. Everything the code would've gave you access to is now available. You can now remove the shortcut. To remove do the same thing but choose Emlist(.EMListUnInstaller) for your shortcut.

You can also just make a shortcut to the individual apps that you want rather then installing EMList and having them all occupy your app tray. They are all listed under activity already. ;)

Last edited:

c0rnholio

Sep 6, 2005
in the basement...
You dont need to input the code btw or change your build.prop to access EMList or the other hidden apps.
[edit] I just realized this, sorry.
You may have to actually be using ADW to do this. I'm not entirely sure if "Activities" is able to be selected if your not using ADW. It has an ADW icon.

Just longpress on the homescreen>custom shortcut>pick your activity>activities>EMList>Emlist installer

click the shortcut n your done. Everything the code would've gave you access to is now available. You can now remove the shortcut. To uninstall do the same thing but choose EMList uninstall

You can also just make a shortcut to the individual apps that you want rather then installing EMList and having them all occupy your app tray. They are all listed under activity already. ;)

Now that was valuable information. Worked like a charm. Thank you for this one!

kasperke

Nov 24, 2006
under 1.6 when i gave in the code, i had emlist and another app were i could toggle so i could see the processor working on top of my screen in red and green bars. I don't remember the name of the app anymore now that i am on 2.2.. does anyone remember how to get this app...it is not in the emlist?

william58

Mar 31, 2011
Tacoma
www.moskovita-photography.com
Just longpress on the homescreen>custom shortcut>pick your activity>activities>EMList>Emlist(.EMListInstaller)

click the shortcut n your done. Everything the code would've gave you access to is now available. You can now remove the shortcut. To remove do the same thing but choose Emlist(.EMListUnInstaller) for your shortcut.
Ok, problem... I did this:
With ADW Launcher - I longpressed an open area on homescreen.

1. Chosed "Shortcut" (did not see >custom shortcut>pick your activity>activities>, only shortcut)
2. Choose "Activity" (I didn't see any Activity, just Applications, Bookmark etc)

So what did I do wrong?

Last edited:

lordofazeroth

Nov 28, 2010
Is it possible to get into the Engineering Mode in DSC 1.7?
How?
Entering the code does nothing and I cant find EMList in the activities of the Launcher.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Type these codes in phone dialer:

*#*#307#*#* Enable engineering apps in launcher
    *#*#308#*#* Disable engineering apps in launcher

(... and reboot - depends on your launcher)

Froyo Notes:

Apps will appear in launcher
    • Calibrator
    • CDMA NAM Programming
    • Dev Tools
    • EMList
    • Log Master
    • Neocore
    • OOD_OOM
    • Qualcomm Settings
    • QVTester-04
    • Spare Parts
    • VerificationSuite

so try EMList or Neocore ...

5ts4li.png
    262te8x.png

s4ykr6.png
    eqtetj.png
    ronj1986:
    Type the code (*#*#307#*#*) and reboot. Apps will appear in the list among others.