The main priority of this kernel is to stay always up-to-date with latest android-linux-stable, CAF, and/or Linux kernel changes. I want to keep things as simple and minimal as possible. The kernel is also focusing on battery life while maintaining performance!
Note: This kernel is compatible with Android 8-10 Treble.This kernel is not compatible with MIUI, actually it will never be.
- Latest CAF msm-3.18 kernel fully merged
- ext4, f2fs, sdFAT, vfat and exFAT support
- Sound control, display control (KCAL) adjustments and vibration strength control
- CPU governors: interactive, conservative, performance
- CPU and GPU frequencies are kept stock. (CPU 652/2016. GPU 133/650)
- I/O schedulers: bfq, noop, deadline, cfq
- TCP Algorithms: cubic, reno, westwood
- Input (touch) boost is enabled by default and it is also user configurable
- Power efficient workqueues and idle power consumption is reduced to the absolute minimum
- ZRAM support with many implementations for all phone variants
- SafetyNet bypass code
- TTL Target / IP Mangle Support
- CRC32 & SHA256 crypto algorithms
- Excluded all debugging symbols for kernel size reduction
- Many more under the hood improvements, the code speaks for itself.
How to install:
You can install this kernel by flashing it through your favorite recovery (TWRP, OrangeFox, etc).
Please do a clean installation of this kernel (flash you roms boot.img first) in order to avoid any issues.
Kernel changelogs can be obtained by visiting this link:
If you like this kernel and want to support it feel free to donate!
Donate via PayPal
- The Linux Foundation, CAF
- @abhishek987 (without him nothing would be possible)
- @nathanchance (for always providing the latest stable linux/caf changes! android-linux-stable rocks!)
- @franciscofranco (for keeping things simple and detailed)
- @krasCGQ (appreciate his well described commits, he helped me a lot to understand several things about kernels)
- @osm0sis (for his amazing anykernel2 script)
- All Redmi Note 4(X) (mido) developers and users,
- All others who have their commits or contributions picked.