Englezos Kernel ⚡️ - r25 [EOL]

Search This thread

BlackWhale2108

Nov 14, 2018
Delhi
Are you sure? I've always flashed kernels over kernels and never encountered problems because of that. It's just replacing .img on boot partition.
You can flash the new build of the same kernel on the older builds. But you can't flash one kernel over the other.
But I am not completely sure, I might be wrong.
For the very least, it is not recommended to do so.

Reactions: Apipote

Nicklas Van Dam

Dec 14, 2013
Tangerang
github.com
You can flash the new build of the same kernel on the older builds. But you can't flash one kernel over the other.
But I am not completely sure, I might be wrong.
For the very least, it is not recommended to do so.
Flashing kernel in top of other kernel absolutely fine, if current kernel or new kernel doesn't use ramdisk modifications for boot partition to configure their settings on boot. (Include like spectrum or fkm profiles too), if both kernel have modification on ramdisk and you just install on top of it, then it might be conflict in set on boot configuration.

And yeah, it'll mess up your device with much script that implemented on your boot partition. Clean flash your boot partition before installing any new kernel is really recommended, because these days. So much dev already have theirself configuration on boot in AnyKernel.

Sent from my Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 using XDA Labs

wolverinemaister

Feb 4, 2013
Budapest
Flashing kernel in top of other kernel absolutely fine, if current kernel or new kernel doesn't use ramdisk modifications for boot partition to configure their settings on boot. (Include like spectrum or fkm profiles too), if both kernel have modification on ramdisk and you just install on top of it, then it might be conflict in set on boot configuration.

And yeah, it'll mess up your device with much script that implemented on your boot partition. Clean flash your boot partition before installing any new kernel is really recommended, because these days. So much dev already have theirself configuration on boot in AnyKernel.

According to this if I used to install kernels right after a clean or dirty rom flash (right after in recovery) I did it wrong? The right steps would be after installing the rom to wipe the boot partition then install the kernel?

|XTerk-RS|

Oct 11, 2012
According to this if I used to install kernels right after a clean or dirty rom flash (right after in recovery) I did it wrong? The right steps would be after installing the rom to wipe the boot partition then install the kernel?

I would restore your original boot partition first, then flash the new kernel.

Nicklas Van Dam

Dec 14, 2013
Tangerang
github.com
Clean flash for boot.img that i mean is restore your boot.img to your current boot.img that your ROM provide then flash your custom kernel.

Not format boot partition then flash custom kernel in top of it, custom kernel nowadays isn't use boot.img anymore. They only use separate kernel file (boot.img.gz) that needed to use AnyKernel, if you format boot partition without restore your current boot partition (Re-flash your current ROM, just in case that i mean) then no-one custom kernel cn be flashed.

At least flash ROM that you used to restore boot partition then install any custom kernel is the safest way to do for installing any custom kernel.

Reactions: razibrizal

Englezos

Mar 30, 2014
www.penglezos.com

Englezos

Mar 30, 2014
www.penglezos.com
R24

Englezos Kernel r24 - 09-09-2019

Download:
https://github.com/penglezos/androi...3/releases/download/24/EnglezosKernel-r24.zip

Changelog:
  • Synced with latest android-3.18 latest changes
  • Synced with latest CAF changes
  • Security improvements (check github for more)
  • Stability improvements (check github for more)
  • CPU input boost mechanism improvements
  • Initial GPU freq is set to 320Mhz
  • Removed Boeffla wakelock blocker, there's no need for that

If you like this kernel and want to support it feel free to donate! Donate via PayPal

S.N.A.P

Dec 28, 2016
Englezos Kernel r24 - 09-09-2019

Download:
https://github.com/penglezos/androi...3/releases/download/24/EnglezosKernel-r24.zip

Changelog:
Synced with latest android-3.18 latest changes
Synced with latest CAF changes
Security improvements (check github for more)
Stability improvements (check github for more)
CPU input boost mechanism improvements
Initial GPU freq is set to 320Mhz
Removed Boeffla wakelock blocker, there's no need for that

If you like this kernel and want to support it feel free to donate!Donate via PayPal
First of all, I'm very appreciated your work, Englezos has been my favorite kernel for months
I'm currently using AOSiP rom which has Englezos by default, before I upgraded to r24 I was using Soviet Star kernel, I did a clean install - which required restore stock boot.img first and then the kernel, and I realized a little bit of screen wakeup delay about 0.25-0.5 seconds. (using "Fix display wakeup delay" module doesn't help)
I hope you can take a quick look at it.
If I'm the one who did something wrong, then my apology to you and I'll try clean flashing again
Have a good day sir

Englezos

Mar 30, 2014
www.penglezos.com
R25 - EOL

Englezos Kernel r25 [END OF LIFE] - 10/09/19

[Probably a final build at that time being since this project is complete with 25 solid releases plus 3.18 is dead. Currently moved into a new device BUT if anything intresting pops up into mido community I will hop back so no worries. Mido is still in my existance for those who are curious.]

Download:
https://github.com/penglezos/androi...3/releases/download/25/EnglezosKernel-r25.zip

Changelog:
  • Added support for Android 10

If you like this kernel and want to support it feel free to donate! Donate via PayPal

Last edited:

Somname

Aug 6, 2018
Thanks for your efforts!!

The 3.18 is dead? No more security updates? I can't find the info. Can you help?

Also, is the possibility of using a new kernel version unlikely? (Say, 4.9 or 4.14)

Imi01

Aug 3, 2018

[Probably a final build at that time being since this project is complete with 25 solid releases plus 3.18 is dead. Currently moved into a new device BUT if anything intresting pops up into mido community I will hop back so no worries. Mido is still in my existance for those who are curious.]

Download:
https://github.com/penglezos/androi...3/releases/download/25/EnglezosKernel-r25.zip

Changelog:

Are you willing to try using kernel sources for Mi A1? It has also SD625 so it should be possible with few or more tweaks and fixes. It has 4.9 kernel.

Englezos

Mar 30, 2014
www.penglezos.com
Are you willing to try using kernel sources for Mi A1? It has also SD625 so it should be possible with few or more tweaks and fixes. It has 4.9 kernel.

I already did the last November with the help of more capable people, but there were conflictions which did allow us to boot it but withut a working display on some panels. Having the same soc or applying a "few or more tweaks and fixes" does not implies to be applicable with our phone: we are talking about massive code materials and implementation and a lot of ported parts. If someone is capable and have bunch of free time then go for it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hRKQpQa.png
    Hi all,
    The main priority of this kernel is to stay always up-to-date with latest android-linux-stable, CAF, and/or Linux kernel changes. I want to keep things as simple and minimal as possible. The kernel is also focusing on battery life while maintaining performance!

Note: This kernel is compatible with Android 8-10 Treble.This kernel is not compatible with MIUI, actually it will never be.

Features:
    • Latest CAF msm-3.18 kernel fully merged
    • ext4, f2fs, sdFAT, vfat and exFAT support
    • Sound control, display control (KCAL) adjustments and vibration strength control
    • CPU governors: interactive, conservative, performance
    • CPU and GPU frequencies are kept stock. (CPU 652/2016. GPU 133/650)
    • I/O schedulers: bfq, noop, deadline, cfq
    • TCP Algorithms: cubic, reno, westwood
    • Input (touch) boost is enabled by default and it is also user configurable
    • Power efficient workqueues and idle power consumption is reduced to the absolute minimum
    • ZRAM support with many implementations for all phone variants
    • SafetyNet bypass code
    • TTL Target / IP Mangle Support
    • CRC32 & SHA256 crypto algorithms
    • Excluded all debugging symbols for kernel size reduction
    • Many more under the hood improvements, the code speaks for itself.

How to install:
    You can install this kernel by flashing it through your favorite recovery (TWRP, OrangeFox, etc).
    Please do a clean installation of this kernel (flash you roms boot.img first) in order to avoid any issues.

Changelog:
    Kernel changelogs can be obtained by visiting this link:

Downloads:

Kernel Sources:

If you like this kernel and want to support it feel free to donate!
    Donate via PayPal

Credits:
    • The Linux Foundation, CAF
    • @abhishek987 (without him nothing would be possible)
    • @nathanchance (for always providing the latest stable linux/caf changes! android-linux-stable rocks!)
    • @franciscofranco (for keeping things simple and detailed)
    • @krasCGQ (appreciate his well described commits, he helped me a lot to understand several things about kernels)
    • @osm0sis (for his amazing anykernel2 script)
    • All Redmi Note 4(X) (mido) developers and users,
    • All others who have their commits or contributions picked.
    R25 - EOL

Download:

Changelog:

Birthday Release R8!

Time for a new release, on my birthday!!

Changes over r8:

• Upstream Linux version tag: 3.18.124
    • Upstream CAF: LA.UM.6.6.r1-09900-89xx.0
    • Upstream prima: LA.UM.6.6.r1-09900-89xx.0
    • Upstream ANDROID: sdcardfs
    • Kernel rebase: many placebos removed, code cleaned
    • Conservative governor tweak and upstreams
    • Default governor: Conservative
    • Fixed ZRAM stuff
    • Apps loading even faster
    • Better memory managment
    • FK performance profiles upstream
    • Englezos kernel tweaks and parameters on ramdisk
    • Many more small fixes

Downloads:
    Join our telegram group to stay updated, give ideas and download beta versions!
    https://t.me/englezos
    Time for a new release!!

Changes over r5:

• Upstream Linux version tag: 3.18.121
    • Vendor mismatch warning: fixed
    • Upstreamed darkness governor; added some personal tweaks also
    • Enabled NTFS support
    • Enabled exFAT support
    • Disabled userspace, ondemand governors
    • Removed blu_active governor
    • wl_blocker: add more wakelocks to the default block list

Downloads:
    New Release!!

Time for a new release!!

Changes over r4:

• Upstream Linux version tag: 3.18.120
    • Upstreamed CAF tag: LA.UM.6.6.r1-09600-89xx.0
    • Upstreamed prima tag: LA.UM.6.6.r1-09600-89xx.0
    • Disabled modules: since we dont use any, automatically enhance some security flaws (On some roms you might get 'mismatch vendor warning' since rom developers didn't implemented that. It's not something to worry just click okay. Although I'm working to completely remove it.
    • Upstreamed WireGuard
    • Reduced Kernel size

Downloads:
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone