New Jersey
plus.google.com

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160709-182752.jpg
    Screenshot_20160709-182752.jpg
    243.9 KB · Views: 6,408

BooBzi

Oct 11, 2012
Will test on my stock 6.0.1, but I have a question, does this works also on CM and AOSP based ROMS?
Curious about "slow-mo" and "save to SD card" modes.?

data365

Dec 29, 2014
Moto G4 Camera App Mod

Hi Guys,
I have been using Apktool for the first time today and have managed to get the professional mode working on the stock moto x style rom (marshmallow 6.0.1, 1 may 2016 patch level) without root and have also managed to enable the debug menu option i.e. what was the ladybug button in the old version app.

I have uploaded the new version of the apk to google drive for anybody that wants to give it a try.

If anybody wants to look at what has been updated I only modified three files (AndroidManifest.xml, \res\raw\app_features.json and \smali\com\motorola\camera\Util.smali) so if you decompile the original apk (standalone) and the new version I have created you will quickly see what has been changed.

p.s. When I updated the app_features.json file I added in device codes for the moto x style (clark), moto x play(lux) and moto g 2015 (osprey) so a wide group of people could try the mod but I have only tested it on the moto x style as that is the device i own.

UPDATE:
See post #29 for a more up-to-date apk http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=67863180&postcount=29

Last edited:

[email protected]

Jan 1, 2016
Jalandhar
worked well

Hi Guys,
I have been using Apktool for the first time today and have managed to get the professional mode working on the stock moto x style rom (marshmallow 6.0.1, 1 may 2016 patch level) without root and have also managed to enable the debug menu option i.e. what was the ladybug button in the old version app.

I have uploaded the new version of the apk to google drive for anybody that wants to give it a try.

If anybody wants to look at what has been updated I only modified three files (AndroidManifest.xml, \res\raw\app_features.json and \smali\com\motorola\camera\Util.smali) so if you decompile the original apk (standalone) and the new version I have created you will quickly see what has been changed.

p.s. When I updated the app_features.json file I added in device codes for the moto x style (clark), moto x play(lux) and moto g 2015 (osprey) so a wide group of people could try the mod but I have only tested it on the moto x style as that is the device i own.

Thanks friend this app worked like a charm Thanks once again

HPAR

Feb 5, 2015
I can't save to external SD card.

Hi Guys,

AsquareX

Mar 18, 2012
Kalyan
Hi Guys,
I have been using Apktool for the first time today and have managed to get the professional mode working on the stock moto x style rom (marshmallow 6.0.1, 1 may 2016 patch level) without root. . .
. . .but I have only tested it on the moto x style as that is the device i own.

This worked perfectly. Thanks! :good:

12paq

Aug 16, 2010
Colorado
www.DonAshcraft.com
Hi Guys,

Dude! As a photographer this is huge for me. Great work. Nice to have the manual settings.

Working on rooted DU's latest test ver.

You should open your own thread.

namartlu

Mar 6, 2011
for those with the camera working, do you use quick-capture (double-twist your wrist to launch camera)? I couldn't get it to work, the settings turns off by itself.

donrojo

Oct 6, 2012
This is how i installed gallery apk since normal install was not working on CM13 MXPE 2015:
- deleted gallery that came with cm13
- created a new folder at /system/priv-app (i called it Moto Gallery)
- placed apk inside the new folder
- reboot the phone
- (icon will show on app drawer but when opening the app it will show only pictures but with no options, settings etc)
- return to the system folder created in the beginning
- install apk by clicking on it
That's it! Fully functional gallery. Take a picture and slide the right side of the screen inward. A bottom drawer will ask you to open pictures with gallery. Choose always!

I also set Moto G4 camera as default camera and not out works with twist gesture!
Once again, I'm on official CM13 nightlies 07/20 on MXPE 2015.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http://www.droidviews.com/enjoy-moto-g4-apps-motorola-device/

apk files are in link

-Time & Weather Widget (360 style-shown in pic)
    -File Manager
    -Camera
    -Gallery (didn't work on AICP)
    -Boot Logo
    Moto G4 Camera App Mod

Hi Guys,

UPDATE:
    See post #29 for a more up-to-date apk http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=67863180&postcount=29
    Thanks data365. There is a definite difference between the build.prop lines on your stock ROM and my custom ROM. It tried to replace the build.prop to see if it made a difference. I still didn't have a debug menu option. As a last resort, I decided to try a full stock unrooted ROM to see if your app worked. Unfortunately, I still didn't have the debug menu. I have now gone back to my custom ROM. I am happy the professional mode is working and I am grateful for your hard work on this. I would have preferred to have the debug menu but I can't figure out why it doesn't work. The camera takes decent pictures as it is. It would have been nice to be able to tweak some settings further but I can live with the app as it is. Hopefully you will be able to continue your work and give us updated versions of the app. in the future

Thanks again,

Ooms

I got version 6.0.24.9 working today and have been looking more into how the debug menu is displayed and think I might have found your problem.

The code checks the device root status using the qe e-fuse status and disables the debug menu if your e-fuse has a setting of qe 1/1

I have made modifications to the code to get around this as well as removing the read of the ro.bulid.tags setting so you might have more luck this time around.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzN_CG03Ba9WRm1ZaU1sZTV0SWs/view?usp=drivesdk

I say "might" because the code also has a check to make sure the device is secure (I need to check how this is working) before this menu option can be displayed so that might also be the root of your problem and would be a much bigger change to the code that i don't even want to think about as updating smali code is a nightmare.
    I found the way to save pictures to external memory (External SD card) using the MotoG4 camera apk modded by @data365 (thanks again for the mod).

1.- In /data/system

look for packages.xml

In there, look for com.motorola.camera1

2.- Add
    Code:
    <item name="android.permission.WRITE_MEDIA_STORAGE" granted="true" flags="0" />
    Right after <perms>

3.- Save and Reboot
    Will test on my stock 6.0.1, but I have a question, does this works also on CM and AOSP based ROMS?
    Curious about "slow-mo" and "save to SD card" modes.?
    I just tried the apks and they worked
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone