Enjoy Moto G4 Apps on Any Motorola Device

Search This thread

Moppusan

May 14, 2014
Leola, PA
I'm coming from an LG G2 (my MXP should be arriving around Wednesday). How do the pictures compare to stock camera app? With the G2, the stock camera app on a stock-based ROM would give the best quality, everything else was...useful but kinda meh. Not that the G2 had a good camera in the first place *cough*grain-grain-grain-lowlightespecially-grain*cough*

ilovemeow

Sep 18, 2006
I found the way to save pictures to external memory (External SD card) using the MotoG4 camera apk modded by @data365 (thanks again for the mod).

1.- In /data/system

look for packages.xml

In there, look for com.motorola.camera1

2.- Add
Code:
Right after

3.- Save and Reboot

thanks for sharing,
but after you tune the iso/shutter speed,
is there any change from the EXIF of the photo?
coz for mine mxpe, wband focus working fine
but iso and shutter speed not changing

Last edited:

data365

Dec 29, 2014
thanks for sharing,
but after you tune the iso/shutter speed,
is there any change from the EXIF of the photo?
coz for mine mxpe, wband focus working fine
but iso and shutter speed not changing

on my moto x style (running stock 6.0.1 with may security patch) the iso setting works and you can see the difference in the preview and EXIF details but the shutter speed setting does not do anything.

Reactions: ilovemeow

ilovemeow

Sep 18, 2006
on my moto x style (running stock 6.0.1 with may security patch) the iso setting works and you can see the difference in the preview and EXIF details but the shutter speed setting does not do anything.
Thanks for reply
Wondering did you patch the lib or using original lib?
Or might be is version issue
I'm currently running 6.0

Sent from my SM-P605 using XDA-Developers mobile app

data365

Dec 29, 2014
Thanks for reply

I'm using the original lib so i guess it might work once you get onto 6.0.1 or later...

---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

Thanks for reply

Do the iso settings work for you in other apps like a better camera? I just remembered that at some point trying to change iso caused apps to crash but now works fine on my phone

ilovemeow

Sep 18, 2006
I'm using the original lib so i guess it might work once you get onto 6.0.1 or later...

---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

Do the iso settings work for you in other apps like a better camera? I just remembered that at some point trying to change iso caused apps to crash but now works fine on my phone

even using freed cam is not working, might be work 6.0.1+ only

data365

Dec 29, 2014
just update to 601
iso work onlyand changed to
125/250/640

and mine dont have iso3200 lol but not big deal

Sent from my XT1572 using XDA-Developers mobile app

Good to know you have got something working :good:

I was checking through the code last night and think I found the reason why the shutter speed setting does not work on the moto x style, The app attempts to set a camera parameter called "exposure_time" but this parameter appears to be missing on the style.

I'm going to have a look through these files to see if I can understand why it is missing.

Reactions: churapa

ilovemeow

Sep 18, 2006

I was checking through the code last night and think I found the reason why the shutter speed setting does not work on the moto x style, The app attempts to set a camera parameter called "exposure_time" but this parameter appears to be missing on the style.

I'm going to have a look through these files to see if I can understand why it is missing.
omg where did you found those parameter?

btw: and remind all user which has os6.0.1
i've got crash after do libchange, not sure only my problem or not, just becarful when doing libchange on 601, was work fine in 6.0

Last edited:

data365

Dec 29, 2014
omg where did you found those parameter?

btw: and remind all user which has os6.0.1
i've got crash after do libchange, not sure only my problem or not, just becarful when doing libchange on 601, was work fine in 6.0

I have been running the code in a debug mode using android studio so i can see whats happening and can see lots of parameters you would not normally see.

I have been doing this a bit more this afternoon and it looks like the "exposure_time" parameter is being created and set as the app is stated and not read in and set at a more global (maybe hardware) level as i can see with the "iso" parameter.

If you want see all of the parameters I'm talking about you can download "Camera Parameters" from the play store as this appears to show the same info i can see in android studio

data365

Dec 29, 2014

looking at both the Googles ASOP source code and the CyanogenMod source code i can see that the setExposureTime method (line 6341 in the files linked below) is only ever called when the "exposure-time" parameter is updated and it never initially set around lines 5028 to 5046 as i would expect and can be seen happening for the “iso” parameter at line 5026

https://android.googlesource.com/pl...a/+/master/QCamera2/HAL/QCameraParameters.cpp

https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andr...ob/cm-13.0/QCamera2/HAL/QCameraParameters.cpp

I can not say 100% that this is the cause of the problem but it looks suspicious to me and if I was developing a custom rom it would be the first thing I would try to get this fixed.

ilovemeow

Sep 18, 2006
I have been running the code in a debug mode using android studio so i can see whats happening and can see lots of parameters you would not normally see.

I have been doing this a bit more this afternoon and it looks like the "exposure_time" parameter is being created and set as the app is stated and not read in and set at a more global (maybe hardware) level as i can see with the "iso" parameter.

If you want see all of the parameters I'm talking about you can download "Camera Parameters" from the play store as this appears to show the same info i can see in android studio
thanks mate
im not a dev, and im only the beginner android studio learner
thanks for you kindly explanation[emoji2]
will have a look for that app your mention

---------- Post added at 09:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 AM ----------

looking at both the Googles ASOP source code and the CyanogenMod source code i can see that the setExposureTime method (line 6341 in the files linked below) is only ever called when the "exposure-time" parameter is updated and it never initially set around lines 5028 to 5046 as i would expect and can be seen happening for the “iso” parameter at line 5026

https://android.googlesource.com/pl...a/+/master/QCamera2/HAL/QCameraParameters.cpp

https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andr...ob/cm-13.0/QCamera2/HAL/QCameraParameters.cpp

I can not say 100% that this is the cause of the problem but it looks suspicious to me and if I was developing a custom rom it would be the first thing I would try to get this fixed.
but any chance can this be fix in stock Rom? or custom kernel?

mex2309

Nov 11, 2011
Thanks for this. My wife has the G4 and I like her camera better. It had a shutter button :)
So for on my Pure X the G4 camera works pretty great. Has anyone found anything it doesn't do compared to the stock?
Also, how do you set the G4 one as DEFAULT so the wrist action works?

The gallery .apk i found was to be the same as stock. I think the one thing on the Pure X were a highlight reels feature. So I'm sticking with the old one.

data365

Dec 29, 2014
thanks mate
im not a dev, and im only the beginner android studio learner
thanks for you kindly explanation[emoji2]
will have a look for that app your mention

---------- Post added at 09:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 AM ----------

but any chance can this be fix in stock Rom? or custom kernel?

I think this would need to be a rom level update as it has nothing to do with the kernel.

It would be nice to know if they bug is also present in the phones that can download this app from the play store unmodified ,mex2309 as you said your wife has a G4 can you confirm if the shutter speed setting actually works on the stock app?

If it is working can you also install "Camera Parameters" from the play store and see if you can see a parameter called "exposure_time", this should confirm my suspicion that this parameter needs to be setup at a more global level before the camera app is loaded.
If its working and you can not see the "exposure_time" parameter my suspicion is unfounded and i have no clue to why this setting is not working on the moto style.

ilovemeow

Sep 18, 2006
I think this would need to be a rom level update as it has nothing to do with the kernel.

It would be nice to know if they bug is also present in the phones that can download this app from the play store unmodified ,mex2309 as you said your wife has a G4 can you confirm if the shutter speed setting actually works on the stock app?

If it is working can you also install "Camera Parameters" from the play store and see if you can see a parameter called "exposure_time", this should confirm my suspicion that this parameter needs to be setup at a more global level before the camera app is loaded.
If its working and you can not see the "exposure_time" parameter my suspicion is unfounded and i have no clue to why this setting is not working on the moto style.
thanks
and I found the max exposure time for both camera
Motorola XT1572

max-exposure-time = 657.770600
max-iso = 6339
min-exposure-time = 0.016733
min-iso = 50

picture-format-values = jpeg
picture-size = 5344x3006
picture-size-values = 5344x4008,5344x3006,4160x3120,4320x2432,4160x2340,3840x2160,3264x2448,3264x1836,2592x1944,2592x1458,1920x1080,1440x1080,1280x960,1280x720,640x480,352x288,320x240

qc-max-num-requested-faces = 32
raw-size = 5344x4016

video-size-values = 3840x2160,1920x1080,1280x720,864x480,720x480,640x480,352x288,320x240,176x144
whitebalance = auto
whitebalance-values = auto,incandescent,fluorescent,daylight,cloudy-daylight
zoom-supported = true
zsl = on
zsl-hdr-supported = true
zsl-values = off,on

gavsi

Mar 9, 2011
I found the way to save pictures to external memory (External SD card) using the MotoG4 camera apk modded by @data365 (thanks again for the mod).

1.- In /data/system

look for packages.xml

2.- Add
Code:
<item name="android.permission.WRITE_MEDIA_STORAGE" granted="true" flags="0" />
Right after <perms>

3.- Save and Reboot

thanks thanks thanks

dude plaese make 60fps 1080p video ..in modedapk :cowboy::p

maybe this file work

Attachments

• libmmcamera_mot_imx230.so.zip
    15.9 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Reactions: churapa

AlphaKilo09

Oct 27, 2016
Says 'App not installed!'

apk files are in link

-Time & Weather Widget (360 style-shown in pic)
-File Manager
-Camera
-Gallery (didn't work on AICP)
-Boot Logo

Hello DjTeeJay!

I tried installing the apk file of moto camera app from your link on my Moto X Style(XT1572). It says app not installed after installing through package installer.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http://www.droidviews.com/enjoy-moto-g4-apps-motorola-device/

apk files are in link

-Time & Weather Widget (360 style-shown in pic)
    -File Manager
    -Camera
    -Gallery (didn't work on AICP)
    -Boot Logo
    Moto G4 Camera App Mod

Hi Guys,
    I have been using Apktool for the first time today and have managed to get the professional mode working on the stock moto x style rom (marshmallow 6.0.1, 1 may 2016 patch level) without root and have also managed to enable the debug menu option i.e. what was the ladybug button in the old version app.

I have uploaded the new version of the apk to google drive for anybody that wants to give it a try.

If anybody wants to look at what has been updated I only modified three files (AndroidManifest.xml, \res\raw\app_features.json and \smali\com\motorola\camera\Util.smali) so if you decompile the original apk (standalone) and the new version I have created you will quickly see what has been changed.

p.s. When I updated the app_features.json file I added in device codes for the moto x style (clark), moto x play(lux) and moto g 2015 (osprey) so a wide group of people could try the mod but I have only tested it on the moto x style as that is the device i own.

UPDATE:
    See post #29 for a more up-to-date apk http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=67863180&postcount=29
    Thanks data365. There is a definite difference between the build.prop lines on your stock ROM and my custom ROM. It tried to replace the build.prop to see if it made a difference. I still didn't have a debug menu option. As a last resort, I decided to try a full stock unrooted ROM to see if your app worked. Unfortunately, I still didn't have the debug menu. I have now gone back to my custom ROM. I am happy the professional mode is working and I am grateful for your hard work on this. I would have preferred to have the debug menu but I can't figure out why it doesn't work. The camera takes decent pictures as it is. It would have been nice to be able to tweak some settings further but I can live with the app as it is. Hopefully you will be able to continue your work and give us updated versions of the app. in the future

Thanks again,

Ooms

I got version 6.0.24.9 working today and have been looking more into how the debug menu is displayed and think I might have found your problem.

The code checks the device root status using the qe e-fuse status and disables the debug menu if your e-fuse has a setting of qe 1/1

I have made modifications to the code to get around this as well as removing the read of the ro.bulid.tags setting so you might have more luck this time around.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzN_CG03Ba9WRm1ZaU1sZTV0SWs/view?usp=drivesdk

I say "might" because the code also has a check to make sure the device is secure (I need to check how this is working) before this menu option can be displayed so that might also be the root of your problem and would be a much bigger change to the code that i don't even want to think about as updating smali code is a nightmare.

1.- In /data/system

look for packages.xml

2.- Add
    Code:
    <item name="android.permission.WRITE_MEDIA_STORAGE" granted="true" flags="0" />
    Right after <perms>

3.- Save and Reboot
    Will test on my stock 6.0.1, but I have a question, does this works also on CM and AOSP based ROMS?
    Curious about "slow-mo" and "save to SD card" modes.?
    I just tried the apks and they worked
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone