Question Enrollment was not completed. Can't use a fingerprint sensor. Visit a repair provider.

Search This thread

beevekmgrz

Aug 23, 2016
It was working fine and I haven't replaced any display or screen protector. The only thing I tried was rooting a phone. But I revert it back and install an official ROM from first and tried some factory reset.

beevekmgrz

Aug 23, 2016
As you told I have already tried repairing "Install fingerprint calibration software" from here. (https://pixelrepair.withgoogle.com/). During those steps there 3 steps .. and the first step is to download it download the files after I connected in fasboot mod..
As it goes to step 2 .. It give an error couldn't install..

Strephon Alkhalikoi

Aug 3, 2010
Vulcan
Samsung Galaxy S4
Nexus 6
@beevekmgrz If I understand you correctly, you tried to root, had an issue, then flashed a stock ROM back to the device? Now you are having problems with the fingerprint scanner and have tried to repair it using the Fingerprint Calibration Software, only to receive an error in step 2?

Have you enabled OEM Unlocking and USB Debugging in the ROM? Either or both could be blocking you from completing this.

mikerowes69

Jun 28, 2011
Google Pixel 6
Not rooted. Using beta build. Had lots of issues with fingerprint enrollment. Had a privacy screen protector. Had to get rid of that, didn't work, always timed out half way through. Went to one of my old screen protectors clear. Would get about 90% before timing out with a error. Got a different screen protector that said fingerprint friendly. Works. Did redo my 2 of 4 fingerprints without a screen protector. It worked great. The new screen protector actually works but not as good if you don't use nothing at all.

Zaxx32

Mar 23, 2019
Morgantown
Moto G5 Plus
Moto G7
I had the same issue when I got my 6a back from a google warranty repair. Error was 'Can not communicate with fingerprint sensor...consult repair service' ...or pretty close. Had to send it back AGAIN! Really pissed at google atm...EVERY repaired phone should have to pass a FULL diagnostic before being returned to the customer!

Last edited:
Reactions: beevekmgrz

beevekmgrz

Aug 23, 2016
@beevekmgrz If I understand you correctly, you tried to root, had an issue, then flashed a stock ROM back to the device? Now you are having problems with the fingerprint scanner and have tried to repair it using the Fingerprint Calibration Software, only to receive an error in step 2?

Have you enabled OEM Unlocking and USB Debugging in the ROM? Either or both could be blocking you from completing this.
Yup but I tried root and it worked.. but later I went back to stock..OEM unlocking is bootloader unlocked.and usb debuggis is on too...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Try using this site, with the latest version of Chrome: https://pixelrepair.withgoogle.com/

At the bottom, use the "Install fingerprint calibration software" button. Apparently that can fix this issue for some.
    I had the same issue when I got my 6a back from a google warranty repair. Error was 'Can not communicate with fingerprint sensor...consult repair service' ...or pretty close. Had to send it back AGAIN! Really pissed at google atm...EVERY repaired phone should have to pass a FULL diagnostic before being returned to the customer!