[EOL][11.0][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for Oneplus 5 & 5T

Search This thread

Scream275

Sep 8, 2012
@Besuz It's been my fault that gcam wasn't working. I haven't installed the dotfix via the Magisk app, but flashed the zip file with TWRP. By installing it via Magisk gcam is working as on Lineage 17.1 again.

hemanthDroids

Jun 26, 2016
Issues I found in LineageOS with my OP5.

1. volte option is visible for sim 2 but not on sim 1. Further w. r. to sim 1 If LTE data connection works calls doesn't work and vice-versa. I am able to receive calls only if I set preferred network type as GSM/WCDMA. Not with LTE. I am not able to use 4G data services with this method though.
2. Can't see actions to be setup for back button. Only home and recents button actions can be set from settings.
3. Usb file transfer issue

HoaXxX

Sep 15, 2010
quick confirmation:
running 17.1 official (latest build) on cheeseburger, i did the following:
  1. dl official 18.1 build, mindthegapps 11-arm64, latest magisk, latest twrp, latest firmware (just to be safe, had it falshed already, i believe)
  2. upgraded to latest twrp (from latest blu_spark build) & reboot to recovery - checked if sdcard is readable in recovery, all good, confirming that encryption stuff works fine in the official twrp build
  3. flashed firmware & reboot to recovery (sdcard decryption still good afterwards)
  4. (twrp nandroid backup of everything relevant)
  5. did NOT wipe anything at this point
  6. flashed los 18.1, mindthegapps and magisk (in that exact order) without any reboots in between
  7. still not rebooting, wiped cache & dalvik
  8. reboot to system
  9. took some time, but eventually reached the PIN screen
  10. all fine and working. had to double-check the system settings, some seem to have reverted to default state, but besides that, i haven't noticed any issues so far.
thanks a lot for your awesome work!!

Reactions: pleomaxell

artonge

Apr 3, 2021
Thanks for the work !

I've just upgraded from v17.1 to v18.1 using the microg version. It works perfectly.

As @Scream275 experienced, I had two problems after upgrading:
- Gcam v7 was super slow. Fixed after reinstalling Magisk.
- The E-Mail app has disappeared. But apparently it has been removed.

Last edited:

Eric_Lev

Jan 27, 2019
Angers
androidfilehost.com
How To Re-Lock Bootloader (OP5/5T... and also OP3/3T)

Prerequisites:
- Recovery = official LOS recovery (recommended) or TWRP recovery
- Build = official LOS build
- OEM unlocking is enabled in dev options
- NO ROOT so NO MAGISK ... (Reminder: Magisk cannot survive if the BL is locked ... Bootloop)
- Remove your pattern/pin/password screen lock (optional but recommended)

Notes:
- Backup your data because locking the bootloader will lead to a format data/factory reset of the device
- BL locked = no root ! ... Flashing Magisk via LOS or TWRP recovery with a locked BL leads to a bootloop. To solve this issue, you must to boot to recovery (Vol(-) + Power), then format System/Cache partitions and reinstall build + Gapps (via ADB if LOS recovery).
- For OP3/3T: Safetynet passes if the BL is locked.
- For OP5/5T: CTS profile match = fail even if the BL is locked ... (no fix coming soon)
- Same behaviour with TWRP recovery.

Procedure:
- Boot to bootloader
- Once the device is in fastboot mode, verify your PC finds it by typing:
Code:
fastboot devices ... (with root privileges)
- Now type the following command to lock the bootloader:
Code:
fastboot oem lock ... (with root privileges)
- Confirm your choice
- Enjoy ... Hope so !

Thanks @T1mb3 !

EDIT (20210515) : A discussion about bootloader locking/unlocking... AKA I want to relock my bootloader, should I?
... (Credit: @WhitbyGreg)

Last edited:

xdauser003

Jan 13, 2020
great work as usual, worked for me from latest 17.1, thanks!

on TWRP 3.5.1, firmware 10.0.1
flash 18.1, mindthegapps, magisk
wipe cache
reboot

Last edited:

Eric_Lev

Jan 27, 2019
Angers
androidfilehost.com
When you say Google assistant was the issue, what did you do to resolve it?
Sound recording with the stock Recorder app (and for other apps like Signal) is very very low as long as OK Google option remains disabled in Voice Match.
Enabling OK Google fixes this issue.

Note:
- No such issue with the stock Camera app in video mode. Sound recording is fine with or without OK Google enabled.
- No such issue on my OP3T

My setup: OP5T/OP3T - BL locked - No root - LOS recovery - Clean Flash from Build 20210401 - MinTheGApp 20210328

Last edited:

eagledipesh

Jan 8, 2011
Project Treble
HDFC payzapp doesn't work on custom ROMs including lineage os, with or without magisk intalled, and with magisk hide

Same behaviour with my jio app

There is no need for me to root with magisk, but the way Google has implemented security we are forced to install magisk

InsaneNutter

Jun 26, 2010
Yorkshire
Can we still pass safetynet on 18.1? asking as theirs no certified fingerprint for Android 11 on the 5T and never will be.

Does the Android 10 fingerprint still work fine on Android 11? any downside on using this if so?

Eric_Lev

Jan 27, 2019
Angers
androidfilehost.com
HDFC payzapp doesn't work on custom ROMs including lineage os, with or without magisk intalled, and with magisk hide

Same behaviour with my jio app

There is no need for me to root with magisk, but the way Google has implemented security we are forced to install magisk
Banking apps often check if the bootloader is unlocked.
Re-lock BL may be a solution (see post #328).

Last edited:

AshenFire579

Oct 8, 2020
OnePlus 5
Google Pixel 6
Can we still pass safetynet on 18.1? asking as theirs no certified fingerprint for Android 11 on the 5T and never will be.

Does the Android 10 fingerprint still work fine on Android 11? any downside on using this if so?
I'm using the Android 10 fingerprint on my Oneplus 5 and everything is running perfect. Passed safety net and all.

nikhilgauri09

Nov 13, 2012
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 5
I am planning to move to LineageOS, and I've a few doubts from the community
(Currently on custom rom, A11, rooted)
1. Is it a regular thing to flash gapps on linageOS, like it is the one which helps us move out of the google tracking and stuff
(I tried microg on my current custom rom, but it did not pass the safety net, so if anyone can tell me if I do the same with this one, will the safety net pass?)
2. How easy is it to flash the updates, like if I stay rooted?

madman

Apr 21, 2011
Planet Earth
OnePlus 5
OnePlus 6
I moved from Oxygen OS 10.0.1 to first 18.1 cheesburger build (clean install) and haven't seen many issues.

Initially 5Ghz WiFi was acting up and stopping the network completely. I moved to 2.4Ghz and did not see the same issue again. Google Photos crashed like crazy during initial sync but that hasn't happened once sync completed.

Magisk, Safetynet and apps that care about all this worked just fine.

Also for some reason all texts had random strings appended towards the end. Google searches suggest this has to do with Project Fi but I'm not even on Fi so this is definitely weird.

I'm definitely seeing issue with VOLTE on T-mobile where calls are random gibberish. Due to not a lot of traveling, for now I have disabled it and am fine switching back to H+ for calls but if I can help in getting some logs/testing let me know. Is logcat during the call enough to debug this? I do see that for some reason there are a lot of exceptions related to certs during call. Dialer shows HD (and doesn't switch back to 3G), so calls were definitely attempted over LTE.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts