I have my laptop back. Since then I have been working on the KitKat version of Nexus ROM.
Unfortunately this means I haven't done much work on cm-12.
Things now left to do are:
- Youtube - Green screen fix - similiar problem faced when working on version 1.00 of the rom)
- Miracast - Video working perfectly, but sound is very choppy - still that's progress I guess.
- Battery life seems excellent without any extra utilities - but we'll see how it fairs in the wild
- The lastest google play services seems to have resolved the regular force closes
- The Settings app needs to be fixed up to not crash when settings that rely on LTE are selected.
- Any changes at the end that apply to cm-11 and cm-12 will be implemented in those roms
As I said before, I would love to help or test for you I have unlocked bootloader and trwp! Just pm me if you need a beta tester..
Not possible due to HW restrictions. There is some debate as to whether this is really true but no rom (stock or otherwise) to date offers otg support and there are no indications this will change.
- I now have fully working miracast. Sound gets passed through correctly
Left to do now are:
- Youtube fix (had a look initially - it is not the same problem as the original nexus rom - video is playing but with green tint)
- Headphones are working but the volume scaling is way off. Low volume setting = high volume output.
Definitely isnt DRM it doesn't happen on the current version of this ROM or cm11. Also It never happens to Sony Xperia devices on losing Drm. Cant wait to try it if it were available to users that can't get cm11 or 12 due to their version of stock ROM. Could it be due to the resolution of playback?- Headphones are now working good. If the volume levels need tweaking then I can do this easily later
- I'm going to leave the settings application alone for now until we confirm LTE is working.
- The youtube thing may take a little more to figure out so onto that now. Attached is a screenshot of the problem. I suspect either a drm or codec issue. What's funny is netflix is working fine.
Edit: But if it was a drm issue then netflix wouldn't work I think - hmmm...
- v2.0.4 -> v2.0.5
- CIFS Support - Clock retention/reset problem fixed - Busybox is now integrated
- v2.0.3 -> v2.0.4
- Switched to custom kernel - Kernel is compiled with Sabermod 4.7 toolchain - Added the following CPU governors: - abyssplug v2 - adaptive - intelliactive - intellidemand - interactive - lazy - lionheart - nightmare - ondemandplus - optimax - pegasuq - userspace - wheatley - Updated security package ready for selinux - Updated devfreq driver - Lastest Amazon music application is now working - Latest Amazon kindle application is now working
Q. How do I mount a CIFS share?
- make a folder in your /sdcard for your shares ( /sdcard/shares/ )
- make a folder within /sdcard/shares/ for your CIFS share ( /sdcard/shares/nasdrive/ )
- open a terminal app or adb shell into your device from your computer
- su - to gain root access
- use the following command to mount your network share to the previously created folder
mount -o unc=192.168.1.7Data,username=<name>,password=<pass> -t cifs none /sdcard/shares/nasdrive