Definitely isnt DRM it doesn't happen on the current version of this ROM or cm11. Also It never happens to Sony Xperia devices on losing Drm. Cant wait to try it if it were available to users that can't get cm11 or 12 due to their version of stock ROM. Could it be due to the resolution of playback?
I'm using nexus ss v1.01 In YouTube I'm limited to 720p however. If you were playing back at 1080p could that be the issue due to a different codec.
@ggow out of curiosity mate, is that only in the YouTube app? Or does it also affect YouTube through Chrome Browser and other apps such as Youtube Downloader?
Might help you source the problem if they do or don't exhibit the same behaviour as the YouTube app... (though you've probably already tried that, lol)
I am hoping that after the ROM development I can make a new version of Safestrap for 4.5.2 which would enable you to use this ROM. I have used the stock boot.img barring modifications required for using the old bootloader I have installed on my device.
The youtube problem so far:
- I reset the cache and cleared app data for the youtube app. This made the problem intermittent
- On chrome, window mode always shows the problem, however switching to full screen the problem goes away.
- On the youtube application it now seems to work most of time, when it does occur switching from window mode to full screen mode or vice-versa seems to correct the problem. And if that doesn't work, if I swipe to make the video a preview icon then back to full screen it corrects the problem.
- Playing through miracast the problem is persistently there.
- On a plus side all resolutions seem to up 1080p seem to be available.