[EOL] Boeffla-Kernel (unofficial) for Lineage OS-15.1/16 [kltexxx]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

sunilpaulmathew

Recognized Developer
This project is now "End-of-Life" (EOL). Thanks to all of you for the kind support...

Proudly presenting, Boeffla-Kernel (unofficial) for Lineage OS-15.1/16.

/* Introduction */
This is an unofficial port of the well-known Boeffla-Kernel which is developed by the recognized developer @Lord Boeffla. Since the original developer decided to end his support with Nougat, I decided to port his awesome work to Oreo. With the permission of the original developer, here I'm sharing my builds for anyone interested.

/* Warning */
This kernel is no way supported by Lord Boeffla. Please do not bother him with anything related to this Kernel.

/* DISCLAIMER! */
Code:
I am not responsible for any damage to your device. Everything you are doing on your device is at your own risk.
I only own kltelgt (Korean variant). Hence, kernels under the category 'kltekor' are only tested by myself.
Please note that flashing any custom Kernel including mine will void your warranty.

/* Supported devices */
klte: SM-G900F, SM-G900V, SM-S902L
kltekor: SM-G900K/L/S
kltedv: SM-G900P/I
klteduos: SM-G900FD, SM-G900MD
kltekdi: SCL23

/* Compatibility */
This kernel is only meant to work on Lineage-OS 15.1/16 and nothing else. However, it may work on other LOS 15.1/16 based Oreo/Pie ROMs (Please try at your own risk).
This kernel will NOT work in Samsung Stock and other TW ROMs.

/* How-to-Install */
i. Download Kernel
ii. Go to recovery (TWRP recommend)
iii. Flash Kernel
iv. Reboot and enjoy

/* Features */
Built from Boeffla-Kernel 14.1 source code.
Merged with latest LineageOS 15.1 source code.
Built using Bleeding edge toolchain (GCC 8.2).
Added blu_active CPU governer.
All the standard features of Lineage-OS 14.1 Boeffla-Kernel
Support of anykernel concept - flash stock kernel before flashing Boeffla
Additional governors: zzmoove (Note: not considered stable at the moment, you might face reboots!!!), intelliactive, intellidemand, wheatley, smartmax, slim, intellimm, nightmare, lionheart, pegasusq Zzmoove supporting native hotplugging profiles
Additional schedulers: fiops, bfq, sio, tripndroid, zen
Many Hotplug tweak profiles (Default, Optimized, 1 core max, 2 cores max, 3 cores max, 2 cores min, 3 cores min, 4 cores min, 2 cores exact, 3 cores exact)
Wake up gestures implemented (double-tap-to-wake, swipe to wake) Removed from beta-v4 onwards.
Boeffla-Sound engine (Headphones and speaker volume configurable)
Configurable vnswap
True dynamic FSync (activated if screen on, deactived if screen off), configurable
Touch boost frequency configurable, touch boost switch
CPU Overclocking up to 2.84 GHz
CPU Voltages interface for undervolting/overvolting
GPU idle frequency 27 Mhz added
GPU governor selection support
Show GPU frequency usage per frequency in Boeffla-Config
Color control to adjust RGB color space + inverted mode
SD card read ahead buffer configurable (default increased to 1024 kB)
Ext4 File system tweaks (default to on, can be disabled)
System Tweaks predefined supported (default is off)
Android logger (logcat) configurable
Kernel logger (dmesg) configurable
Charge rates for AC charger, USB and wireless charging separately configurable (set charge rate to 0 to have stock charge logic back)
Charge information display support via Boeffla-Config V2 app
CIFS support
NFS support (module)
Removed from beta-v9 onwards.
NTFS support
XBox support
OTG-Ethernet support
TCP Congestion changed to Westwood
Swap supported (but not recommended, use zRam instead)
init.d support (in /system/etc/init.d - set correct permissions!)
Default entropies increased
Insecure kernel (adb has root privileges)
Automatic EFS backup
Kernel survival mode by Boeffla-Config app to survive CM rom flashes
Full support for mpdecision for best compatibility and smoothness
(Important: use Boeffla-Config to configure min/max CPU frequencies + governors + schedulers only - or explicitely allow other apps/processes to overwrite this in Boeffla-Config settings, but expect weird side effects)
Integrated full busybox 1.23.1 (own compilation)
Auto-Root by kernel possible by request, not recommended for CM however (latest su included)
Kernel initialization log file (with the history of 3 log files)
Emergency reset script automatically placed into /boeffla-kernel-data folder of your internal memory
Presets supported in Boeffla-Config by kernel (Extreme power, power, normal, battery friendly and battery saving)
Always using latest Initramfs
Always based on latest Galaxy S5 sm-g900f kernel sources by CM
Kernel runs with SELinux enforcing by default, just as CM12 stock kernel for S5 - but can be configured to work in permissive mode in Boeffla-Config settings

/* Downloads */

https://smartpack.github.io/downloads/

Mirror

/* Special note to ROM developers */
You are allowed to include my kernel in any ROMs. Giving proper credits to the original developers (including me, if you considered me as one among them) are, however, highly appreciated. Feel free to contact me, if you need any assistance from my side.

/* Donations */
For those who wish to donate to the original developer (Lord Boeffla), here I'm copying his own words.
Code:
If you like my work, feel free to donate: [URL="http://www.boeffla.de/index.php/donation"]Donation-Link[/URL]
If you donate at least 2,49 EUR (to be in line with the donation app prices on Google Play store), you will receive a personal donation code which unlocks some nice little comfort functions in Boeffla-Config V2 on top.

If you like to appreciate my (sunilpaulmathew) work, please consider a donation as it is helpful to continue my projects more active, although it is not at all necessary.

/* Acknowledgements */
@haggertk for LineageOS 15.X for Galaxy S5
@Lord Boeffla for Boeffla-kernel for LOS-14.x
@franciscofranco
@Sultanxda
@arter97
@faux123
@Saber
@nathanchance
@ZaneZam
@osm0sis for AnyKernel project
Many other XDA developers

XDA:DevDB Information
Boeffla-Kernel (unofficial), Kernel for the Samsung Galaxy S5

Contributors
sunilpaulmathew, Lord Boeffla
Source Code: https://github.com/SmartPack

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2018-03-17
Last Updated 2019-01-10

Last edited:

sunilpaulmathew

Recognized Developer

Blackburn119

Nov 14, 2016
Hello, my device is kltekor but after I flashed your kernel the second sim signal appears on the status bar, is that a feature or a bug?

Attachments

• Screenshot_Pixel_Launcher_20180318-103950.jpg
    Screenshot_Pixel_Launcher_20180318-103950.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 1,523

sunilpaulmathew

Recognized Developer
No such issues in my kltekor (SM-G900L):Lineage-OS 15.1 latest build. See screenshot attached. Maybe some other issues on the ROM side?
I'm sure Kltekor is a Korean device with single sim

for @all,
I'm now testing a new version of Kernel, which is built using UBERTC-8.x (latest toolchain). If anyone wants to test for me, plz pm me or contact me at Telegram.

Attachments

• Screenshot_Settings_20180318-135726.png
    Screenshot_Settings_20180318-135726.png
    149.5 KB · Views: 2,304

Blackburn119

Nov 14, 2016
No such issues in my kltekor (SM-G900L):Lineage-OS 15.1 latest build. See screenshot attached. Maybe some other issues on the ROM side?

for @all,
I'm now testing a new version of Kernel, which is built using UBERTC-8.x (latest toolchain). If anyone wants to test for me, plz pm me or contact me at Telegram.
what's the difference between ubertc and old boeffla?

CStadler

Apr 4, 2017

for @all,
Runs well, undervolting works in this kernel now, thank you! Havent noticed anything else thus far exept undervolt is working which is really nice!

Edit: Seems like GPU underclock (27mhz) is also added, great job, thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: sunilpaulmathew

msprenger

Aug 5, 2014
Thank you very much for the New build.. Works perfectly with the boeffla App. The change to the New Toolchain goes without any probs
No malfunctions since Installation

Great job
Lg msprenger

Reactions: sunilpaulmathew

sunilpaulmathew

Recognized Developer
Sorry friends, I made some accidental mistakes while preparing the last build and it makes the modules unaccessible (do anyone noticed?). The download links are now updated with proper builds. If you are not worried about modules, just avoid this message. Otherwise, update to the newly uploaded builds (Please note: there is absolutely no change in the file name).
Sorry for the inconvenience...

Downloads
https://sunilpaulmathew.github.io/downloads/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This project is now "End-of-Life" (EOL). Thanks to all of you for the kind support...

Proudly presenting, Boeffla-Kernel (unofficial) for Lineage OS-15.1/16.

/* Introduction */
    This is an unofficial port of the well-known Boeffla-Kernel which is developed by the recognized developer @Lord Boeffla. Since the original developer decided to end his support with Nougat, I decided to port his awesome work to Oreo. With the permission of the original developer, here I'm sharing my builds for anyone interested.

/* Warning */
    This kernel is no way supported by Lord Boeffla. Please do not bother him with anything related to this Kernel.

/* DISCLAIMER! */
    Code:
    I am not responsible for any damage to your device. Everything you are doing on your device is at your own risk.
    I only own kltelgt (Korean variant). Hence, kernels under the category 'kltekor' are only tested by myself.
    Please note that flashing any custom Kernel including mine will void your warranty.

/* Supported devices */
    klte: SM-G900F, SM-G900V, SM-S902L
    kltekor: SM-G900K/L/S
    kltedv: SM-G900P/I
    klteduos: SM-G900FD, SM-G900MD
    kltekdi: SCL23

/* Compatibility */
    This kernel is only meant to work on Lineage-OS 15.1/16 and nothing else. However, it may work on other LOS 15.1/16 based Oreo/Pie ROMs (Please try at your own risk).
    This kernel will NOT work in Samsung Stock and other TW ROMs.

/* How-to-Install */
    i. Download Kernel
    ii. Go to recovery (TWRP recommend)
    iii. Flash Kernel
    iv. Reboot and enjoy

/* Features */
    Built from Boeffla-Kernel 14.1 source code.
    Merged with latest LineageOS 15.1 source code.
    Built using Bleeding edge toolchain (GCC 8.2).
    Added blu_active CPU governer.
    All the standard features of Lineage-OS 14.1 Boeffla-Kernel
    Support of anykernel concept - flash stock kernel before flashing Boeffla
    Additional governors: zzmoove (Note: not considered stable at the moment, you might face reboots!!!), intelliactive, intellidemand, wheatley, smartmax, slim, intellimm, nightmare, lionheart, pegasusq Zzmoove supporting native hotplugging profiles
    Additional schedulers: fiops, bfq, sio, tripndroid, zen
    Many Hotplug tweak profiles (Default, Optimized, 1 core max, 2 cores max, 3 cores max, 2 cores min, 3 cores min, 4 cores min, 2 cores exact, 3 cores exact)
    Wake up gestures implemented (double-tap-to-wake, swipe to wake) Removed from beta-v4 onwards.
    Boeffla-Sound engine (Headphones and speaker volume configurable)
    Configurable vnswap
    True dynamic FSync (activated if screen on, deactived if screen off), configurable
    Touch boost frequency configurable, touch boost switch
    CPU Overclocking up to 2.84 GHz
    CPU Voltages interface for undervolting/overvolting
    GPU idle frequency 27 Mhz added
    GPU governor selection support
    Show GPU frequency usage per frequency in Boeffla-Config
    Color control to adjust RGB color space + inverted mode
    SD card read ahead buffer configurable (default increased to 1024 kB)
    Ext4 File system tweaks (default to on, can be disabled)
    System Tweaks predefined supported (default is off)
    Android logger (logcat) configurable
    Kernel logger (dmesg) configurable
    Charge rates for AC charger, USB and wireless charging separately configurable (set charge rate to 0 to have stock charge logic back)
    Charge information display support via Boeffla-Config V2 app
    CIFS support
    NFS support (module)
    Removed from beta-v9 onwards.
    NTFS support
    XBox support
    OTG-Ethernet support
    TCP Congestion changed to Westwood
    Swap supported (but not recommended, use zRam instead)
    init.d support (in /system/etc/init.d - set correct permissions!)
    Default entropies increased
    Insecure kernel (adb has root privileges)
    Automatic EFS backup
    Kernel survival mode by Boeffla-Config app to survive CM rom flashes
    Full support for mpdecision for best compatibility and smoothness
    (Important: use Boeffla-Config to configure min/max CPU frequencies + governors + schedulers only - or explicitely allow other apps/processes to overwrite this in Boeffla-Config settings, but expect weird side effects)
    Integrated full busybox 1.23.1 (own compilation)
    Auto-Root by kernel possible by request, not recommended for CM however (latest su included)
    Kernel initialization log file (with the history of 3 log files)
    Emergency reset script automatically placed into /boeffla-kernel-data folder of your internal memory
    Presets supported in Boeffla-Config by kernel (Extreme power, power, normal, battery friendly and battery saving)
    Always using latest Initramfs
    Always based on latest Galaxy S5 sm-g900f kernel sources by CM
    Kernel runs with SELinux enforcing by default, just as CM12 stock kernel for S5 - but can be configured to work in permissive mode in Boeffla-Config settings

/* Downloads */

Mirror

/* Special note to ROM developers */
    You are allowed to include my kernel in any ROMs. Giving proper credits to the original developers (including me, if you considered me as one among them) are, however, highly appreciated. Feel free to contact me, if you need any assistance from my side.

/* Donations */
    For those who wish to donate to the original developer (Lord Boeffla), here I'm copying his own words.
    Code:
    If you like my work, feel free to donate: [URL="http://www.boeffla.de/index.php/donation"]Donation-Link[/URL]
    If you donate at least 2,49 EUR (to be in line with the donation app prices on Google Play store), you will receive a personal donation code which unlocks some nice little comfort functions in Boeffla-Config V2 on top.

If you like to appreciate my (sunilpaulmathew) work, please consider a donation as it is helpful to continue my projects more active, although it is not at all necessary.

/* Acknowledgements */
    @haggertk for LineageOS 15.X for Galaxy S5
    @Lord Boeffla for Boeffla-kernel for LOS-14.x
    @franciscofranco
    @Sultanxda
    @arter97
    @faux123
    @Saber
    @nathanchance
    @ZaneZam
    @osm0sis for AnyKernel project
    Many other XDA developers

XDA:DevDB Information
    Boeffla-Kernel (unofficial), Kernel for the Samsung Galaxy S5

Contributors
    sunilpaulmathew, Lord Boeffla
    Source Code: https://github.com/SmartPack

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2018-03-17
    Last Updated 2019-01-10
    Hi friends,

Since the development for this kernel from my side ends, and I haven't found any interested developers from the community to continue this work, I'm hereby locking this thread forever.
    Thank you very much for supporting this project throughout the time.

Looking forward to seeing you all, sometimes, somewhere...

Bye for now...
    Boeffla-Kernel (unofficial) v12

Hi all,
    Again after a while (nearly a month), here is a new update (v12) of Boeffla-Kernel (Unofficial)...
    The fake kernel update notifications from the Boeffla-Config app is now fully disabled (thanks to @Lord Boeffla). Now, I'm trying to implement real kernel update (again with the help of master) notifications through the app. As I understand, a paid version of Boeffla-Config is required to get the full benefits of the feature. I really wonder about how many of you have a paid version of the Boeffla-Config app:confused:

Detailed change-logs are always available here.
    Download links can be found here.
    Enjoy...

PS: I again met some issues to update the alternate (All versions) links, so, the latest Kernels are attached to this post...
    I switch the alternate download link to AFH, and can be found here...
    Boeffla-Kernel (unofficial) stable-v18

Hi friends,
    Again, after a long break, here is a new Boeffla-Kernel (Unofficial) update (stable-v18)...
    Changes:
    1. Add control over display minimum backlight (default: 15).
    2. Merged recent changes from osm0sis's Anykernel repo.
    3. Up-to-date with Linage-OS source code.
    Please note:
    • This kernel should work on both Lineage-OS 15.1 (Oreo) and 16 (Pie). So, feel free to use it on both versions of Android until I make a separate one for Pie.
    • Direct control over display minimum brightness is not available in Boeffla-Config. So, if you are not happy with the current default value (15), use the following command
      "echo value > /sys/module/mdss_fb/parameters/backlight_min"
      replace value with the desired number.
      Min: 0 (Screen off); Max: 255
    Download links and detailed change-logs are available at
    Enjoy...
    Boeffla-Kernel (unofficial) v10

New maintenance update (v10) of Boeffla-Kernel (Unofficial) is now available.
    Change-logs are always available here.
    Download links can be found here.
    Enjoy...
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone