• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[EOL] CM-12.1 [22 Sep 2016]

Search This thread

yigal66

Feb 16, 2009
I can't get this thing to finish booting.

I wiped the system/data/dalvik/cache
flashed the .zip
reboot

and it is just stuck at the boot logo.

I did go through the procedure to unlock the bootloader though and it said it was unlocked on the fastboot screen but it doesn't seem to matter. Suggestions?

Be sure that you are on the latest TWRP. I had similar problem when tried to install this rom from 2.8.4.0. Just updated TWRP to 3.0.0 and everything working perfect.

BiggJ

Oct 9, 2010
I was able to flash it without problem using the lastest TWRP, but the battery monitor is broken, and just stays at 100%. Is this a known issue?

DB126

Oct 15, 2013
I was able to flash it without problem using the lastest TWRP, but the battery monitor is broken, and just stays at 100%. Is this a known issue?
- not a known issue; works fine for me (and presumably others)
- try a full power off (wait 10 sec) and reboot
- if problem persists wipe system+data and reflash rom

bergkuh

Jul 23, 2010
localhost
Sorry for asking, but mean "Bluetooth, GPS and LTE need to be debugged" that Bluetooth, GPS and LTE are not working atm? I've just received my refurbished Fire HDX 7 and searching for a ROM.

DB126

Oct 15, 2013
Sorry for asking, but mean "Bluetooth, GPS and LTE need to be debugged" that Bluetooth, GPS and LTE are not working atm? I've just received my refurbished Fire HDX 7 and searching for a ROM.
Full BT, GPS and/or LTE functionality are only available in KitKat (Android 4) based ROMs including CM 11, Fire Nexus and FireOS v4. Simple BT is semi functional in Fire Nexus 6.x (Marshmallow). It is unlikely the situation will substantially improve in the near future. Other observations:
- LTE only works well w/FireOS
- GPS receiver in this device sucks (sorry - best descriptor) and can not be depended upon for navigation

Reactions: bergkuh

bergkuh

Jul 23, 2010
localhost
Full BT, GPS and/or LTE functionality are only available in KitKat (Android 4) based ROMs including CM 11, Fire Nexus and FireOS v4. Simple BT is semi functional in Fire Nexus 6.x (Marshmallow). It is unlikely the situation will substantially improve in the near future. Other observations:
- LTE only works well w/FireOS
- GPS receiver in this device sucks (sorry - best descriptor) and can not be depended upon for navigation

Thank you for your reply and clarification. I've unlocked my Bootloader but will start with CM11 and will watch the CM13 development.

M-A-X

Sep 29, 2011
Hey. Is there any way to update the widevine libs? Need this to download stuff in netflix app :(

DB126

Oct 15, 2013
Hey. Is there any way to update the widevine libs? Need this to download stuff in netflix app :(
Unlikely given this ROM is no longer receiving updates. LinOS 14.1 is the only actively supported custom ROM for HDX devices. I'm hoping the developers will be able to extend the support envelope to AOSP Nexus 6 which has better bluetooth support and can also run Xposed framework but that's a long shot given limited resources. Not sure if LinOS has the latest widevine libs as I do not have it installed on any devices at present. The recommended but near useless DRM info app does not show which version/build is installed.

M-A-X

Sep 29, 2011
Ok. Thats sad though, as CM12.1 runs smooth and flawless on my Thor. I'm worried that cm14 will have lags as The hdx Thor Hardware is kinda old :(

DB126

Oct 15, 2013
Ok. Thats sad though, as CM12.1 runs smooth and flawless on my Thor. I'm worried that cm14 will have lags as The hdx Thor Hardware is kinda old :(
Absolutely not - LinOS is less demanding than CM 12.1. However, it lacks full support for Bluetooth and Xposed (not yet available for Android 7) which are personal prerequisites. Thus CM 12.1 is also my daily driver but I have tested LinOS 14.1 extensively on this device and found it to be wonderfully smooth and power efficient. Google made a big effort to reduce Android's footprint to better accommodate entry level devices in emerging markets. Lollipop is a relative pig compared to Nougat (although the former can be trimmed down).

Chatchum

Jul 21, 2017
I forgot unlock bootloader before boot this ROM. And now my tablet is stucked in the gray KINDLE FIRE logo. Could you help me fix it?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1oXkC6z.png

Code:
    [COLOR="gray"]
    /*
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war,
     * or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
     * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included
     * in the products you find here before flashing it!
     * YOU are choosing to make these modifications.
     */
    [/COLOR]

Prerequisites for Installation
    - Must have an unlocked bootloader
    - Must have working TWRP

Known Issues
    - MINOR - On Apollo there is a small glitch in rotation animation when screen transitions between on->off state - Fixed
    - MEDIUM - Bluetooth, GPS and LTE need to be debugged

Fresh Installation
    - Factory Reset
    - Flash the ROM File
    - Flash Open Gapps of your choice.
    - Reboot
    - On first boot it will take about 15-30 seconds before the boot animation appears

Upgrading to new Version
    - Flash the ROM File
    - Reboot

Downloads
    - APOLLO rom
    - THOR rom
    - Open Gapps

Source Code
    - Kernel Source is here.

Historical Record (Old thread contents)

Hi !

Here is cm-12.1 (lollipop 5.1.1) for the Apollo and Thor kindle fire hdx ! This is the work of @dpeddi, @ggow, @Hashcode and me.

The Apollo version is not ready yet but should be available soon.

Requirements
    - Unlocked Bootloader

Installation
    - See cm-11 threads for now

Bugs
    - WiFi can't be enabled if disabled (reboot required)
    - BT crash on disable
    - LTE data should or will work @dpeddi fix merged manually may contains errors, and may need matching ril/fw/bl)
    - BT should work

Downloads / Changelog
    - cm-12.1-20150815-UNOFFICIAL-thor.zip
    - Latest CM sources
    - Uses Amazon .4.5.5 binaries

- cm-12.1-20150814-UNOFFICIAL-thor.zip
    - Latest CM sources

- cm-12.1-20150522-UNOFFICIAL-thor.zip
    - Latest CM sources
    - Landscape locking bug fix
    - Enable multi-user support (up to 5 max)

cm-12.1-20150508-UNOFFICIAL-thor.zip
    - Camera fixed
    - Updated to 5.1.1
    - See github for more details.

cm-12.1-20150403-UNOFFICIAL-thor.zip
    - Fixed lock rotation in landscape bug

cm-12-20150312-UNOFFICIAL-thor.zip
    - fix lte
    - fix drm (netflix, google video...) by using libwvdrmengine blob from LG G3 D855 5.x blob
    - disable google video codecs (fix netflix...)
    - remove audio.primary.msm8974 blob dependency

Credits
    - Cyanogen
    - CAF
    - Hashcode, Cpasjuste and dpeddi who are awesome

XDA:DevDB Information
    cm-12.1 apollo/thor , ROM for the Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 7" & 8.9"

Contributors
    Cpasjuste, ggow, dpeddi, Hashcode
    ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked Bootloader
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2015-03-09
    Last Updated 2017-06-01
    Hi guys,

I had some time to work on the new kernel this weekend and I *think* it's is decent shape for testing. I let the active HDX devs know I had pushed the fix for the camera and hopefully I can get some solid debugging on Apollo to fix the display soon.

For those curious, the sources are currently here:
    https://github.com/KFire-Android/kernel_amazon_hdx-common (cm-12.1 branch)

I'm also going to try and get the RIL fixes pulled into my cm-12.1 device branches, so we can get ready for official CyanogenMod device builds.

- Hash
    Thanks, is there something I can fix? or does it need a new rom build?

- Needs a new build
    - I have spent the last however much time learning how to fix issues with CM-12 on Apollo
    - I think I now have enough info up update Github with the latest changes
    - I have revised Amazon's Synaptics Driver so that the touch rotation is no longer 90 degrees askew from the framebuffer
    - This also means for Apollo the natural screen orientation will be landscape - which makes sense given where the camera is and the hardware buttons.
    - I have added a new attribute in the DeviceTree Bindings so that the mod can be enabled selectively, so as not to effect the thor implementation
    - This means no more patches to the framework to handle rotation properly
    - The video issues no longer exist
    - After I have got through a few things I will make the required changes, fork the bits of CM-12 that need special attention for our devices
    - Then will rebuild and release
    - I can't say exactly when I will get it done by but it won't be too far from now.
    - I'll make new build for both thor and apollo
    Update

New build on OP - cm-12.1-20150508-UNOFFICIAL-thor.zip
    Hi everyone, I have been extremely busy at work - and everything else life throws at us including the bursts of sunshine which have to be enjoyed- so have not had much time recently. Pretty much the same for the other guys.

We'll get back to it and progress very shortly I'm sure.