[EOL][G870A][MM][6.0.1] All Firmware Updates (latest QD1) (Updated 20/04/2018)[EOL]

Search This thread

r0ckarong

Dec 11, 2014
Here you can find the update files for the Samsung Galaxy S5 Active (G870A) from AT&T

General Remarks (Important):
  • This does NOT work for S5 Actives from Verizon.
  • These updates WILL REMOVE ALL your data. Make a backup with Smart Switch first.
  • You MUST have stock unrooted AT&T software installed for the updates to work
  • If your baseband and and bootloader version don't match, there is something wrong and you need to flash stock firmware (look at the bottom of this post)
  • Verify MD5 Sums (google it) after download and upload to your SD card to avoid transfer corruption

How to install the updates:
  • Determine which version you are on (go to Settings->About Device->Baseband Version or download Samsung phone info and check the firmware tab for the baseband/bootloader version).
  • Check the path you need to take to update to the latest version described in the image below
  • Download all the files you need from the folder below
  • Place all the zip files you wish to install on an SD card and put the card into the phone (no need to rename the files)
  • Shut off the phone (choose "Power Off" from the menu or just pull the battery)
  • Boot into the recovery (Hold Volume-Up+Power+Home, once the blue text appears release the buttons)
  • Choose the "Install update from SD card"
  • Select the file that is closest to your version with the volume rocker and confirm with the power button
  • Let the update finish until you see the AT&T setup screen
  • Pull the battery
  • Repeat the process until you have installed all updates
  • Finish setting up the phone
  • (Restore backup)

Example:
Please note:
There is now a stock image with PH3 firmware (6.0.1). This means you can skip directly to Marshmallow and then only need to apply the remaining six updates to get to the latest one.
PH3 -> PK2, PK2 -> PK3/4/5/7, PK7 -> QD1

Your phone is on firmware "OF3". Then you will download these files:
OF3 -> PB1, PB1 -> PH2, PH2 -> PH3, PH3 -> PK2, PK2 -> PK3, PK3 -> PK4, PK4 -> PK5, PK5 -> PK7, PK7 -> QD1
Some updates can skip over versions. This will be outlined in the image. The AT&T device page lists which previous versions are required/allowed for an update.

KBsxYvT.png

Click HERE ... to download the update files

To check the changes contained in these files, please refer to the AT&T device page.

HELP I need to flash Stock firmware but I don't know how!
CLICK HERE for Guide
CLICK HERE for working stock Firmware

** Date Format for this Post is DD/MM/YYYY ** (Euro Style)

Last edited:

r0ckarong

Dec 11, 2014
Reserved Post

Update 20/04/2018
Added: Stock PH3 firmware

Now you can skip a bunch of updates by just flashing 6.0.1 PH3 directly and then applying from there.

ANNOUNCEMENT
Thread EOL:
It is quite obvious that AT&T/Samsung have stopped developing updates for this phone. It's been nearly a year since they released QD1.
I will probably not maintain this thread for much longer since I do not actively use a G870A myself anymore.
While the androidfilehost storage lasts, feel free to grab all files you need from there but please understand I will not reupload anywhere else. I don't have copies of the files other than what is stored on AFH.
ANNOUNCEMENT

Update 28/04/2017
Added file for:
PK7 -> QD1

Update 27/04/2017
There is an update out (G870AUCS2DQD1) but for some reason I can not download it from the AT&T servers. I'm currently on hotel Wifi maybe that's the problem. If someone can grab the file please send it to me so I can add it here. Will try again once I'm at home.

Update 02/04/2017
PK5 -> PK7

Update 10/03/2017
PK4 -> PK5 (Androidfilehost)
PK4 -> PK5 (Mediafire)

Update 02/02/2017
PK3 -> PK4

Update 13/01/2017
PK2 -> PK3

Update 08/01/2017
Added Legacy updates
Full OF3 Stock Firmware
OA1 -> OA2
PB4 -> PH2
PB5 -> PH2

Update 19/12/2016
PH3->PK2
PH4->PK2

Download from AT&T
The files here are all that I could retrieve by manipulating the download URLs like this:

Code:
https://xdmd.sl.attcompute.com/agents/42998/1488/SS-<OLDVERSION>-to-<LASTSIX-OF-NEWVERSION>-UP

Code:
[url]https://xdmd.sl.attcompute.com/agents/42998/1488/SS-G870AUCS2DPH3-to-S2DPH4-UP[/url]
If you can retrieve any files for the device that I haven't added please drop me a PM with a link for the file and I will upload it too.

Last edited:

tripping singer

Nov 11, 2016
No you don't. Just select the right file from the menu in the recovery. Put all the zips that you need to install onto the card and install them one by one.
how did you got these file?
thats great

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 PM ----------

No you don't. Just select the right file from the menu in the recovery. Put all the zips that you need to install onto the card and install them one by one.
and ...
im using galaxy note 1 shv e160k (my second 's phone) can you tell me what is the best rom of this device (link plz) thanks first

r0ckarong

Dec 11, 2014
Look at the first post. AT&T provides these files under the same weburl. Once you know the version numbers you can derive the name of the file and then use a download manager to grab them. this involved work from a bunch of people in other threads on this forum. Not taking credit for the method I'm simply bundling the files and try to keep the latest ones available.

Can't help you with your other device. I don't have any experience with that and won't be able to give you any advice on which ROM to choose.

tripping singer

Nov 11, 2016
Thank you so much
I have updated my s5 active yesterday and there have no bugs (of course thats samsung's stock rom) and the 6.0.1 permission is really annoying =) but I fixed it with google
I hope to see from atnt and u the newest version of this phone soon

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-12-29-23-23-30.png
    Screenshot_2016-12-29-23-23-30.png
    168.9 KB · Views: 1,184

mayhem1983

Oct 12, 2009
Waco, Tx
I tried this none of the updates worked follow instruction to a tee but im still stuck on pb3 I even tried factory reset for the phone to take update but just keeps failing at 25% any help?

r0ckarong

Dec 11, 2014
I tried this none of the updates worked follow instruction to a tee but im still stuck on pb3 I even tried factory reset for the phone to take update but just keeps failing at 25% any help?

Did you properly turn off the phone by pulling the battery each time?
Then did you confirm the md5 sum to be correct on your machine and on the phone with the one on androidfilehost?
What exactly is "failing"? Which message does the log of the process show?
Which update(s) are you trying to install?

mayhem1983

Oct 12, 2009
Waco, Tx
Did you properly turn off the phone by pulling the battery each time?
Then did you confirm the md5 sum to be correct on your machine and on the phone with the one on androidfilehost?
What exactly is "failing"? Which message does the log of the process show?
Which update(s) are you trying to install?

I follow the chart which was goin from PB3 to PB4 after downloading all the updates needed I installed each one one by one pulling battery after getting to the set up screen. My actual ota update keeps failing to install each time I even done factory reset went into recovery and wiping cache but still not able to install.

r0ckarong

Dec 11, 2014
I follow the chart which was goin from PB3 to PB4 after downloading all the updates needed I installed each one one by one pulling battery after getting to the set up screen. My actual ota update keeps failing to install each time I even done factory reset went into recovery and wiping cache but still not able to install.

So you're trying to install PB3->PB4. What is the error message in the recovery?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here you can find the update files for the Samsung Galaxy S5 Active (G870A) from AT&T

General Remarks (Important):
    • This does NOT work for S5 Actives from Verizon.
    • These updates WILL REMOVE ALL your data. Make a backup with Smart Switch first.
    • You MUST have stock unrooted AT&T software installed for the updates to work
    • If your baseband and and bootloader version don't match, there is something wrong and you need to flash stock firmware (look at the bottom of this post)
    • Verify MD5 Sums (google it) after download and upload to your SD card to avoid transfer corruption

How to install the updates:
    • Determine which version you are on (go to Settings->About Device->Baseband Version or download Samsung phone info and check the firmware tab for the baseband/bootloader version).
    • Check the path you need to take to update to the latest version described in the image below
    • Download all the files you need from the folder below
    • Place all the zip files you wish to install on an SD card and put the card into the phone (no need to rename the files)
    • Shut off the phone (choose "Power Off" from the menu or just pull the battery)
    • Boot into the recovery (Hold Volume-Up+Power+Home, once the blue text appears release the buttons)
    • Choose the "Install update from SD card"
    • Select the file that is closest to your version with the volume rocker and confirm with the power button
    • Let the update finish until you see the AT&T setup screen
    • Pull the battery
    • Repeat the process until you have installed all updates
    • Finish setting up the phone
    • (Restore backup)

Example:
    Please note:
    There is now a stock image with PH3 firmware (6.0.1). This means you can skip directly to Marshmallow and then only need to apply the remaining six updates to get to the latest one.
    PH3 -> PK2, PK2 -> PK3/4/5/7, PK7 -> QD1

Your phone is on firmware "OF3". Then you will download these files:
    OF3 -> PB1, PB1 -> PH2, PH2 -> PH3, PH3 -> PK2, PK2 -> PK3, PK3 -> PK4, PK4 -> PK5, PK5 -> PK7, PK7 -> QD1
    Some updates can skip over versions. This will be outlined in the image. The AT&T device page lists which previous versions are required/allowed for an update.

KBsxYvT.png

Click HERE ... to download the update files

To check the changes contained in these files, please refer to the AT&T device page.

HELP I need to flash Stock firmware but I don't know how!
    CLICK HERE for Guide
    CLICK HERE for working stock Firmware

** Date Format for this Post is DD/MM/YYYY ** (Euro Style)
    Reserved Post

Update 20/04/2018
    Added: Stock PH3 firmware

Now you can skip a bunch of updates by just flashing 6.0.1 PH3 directly and then applying from there.

ANNOUNCEMENT
    Thread EOL:
    It is quite obvious that AT&T/Samsung have stopped developing updates for this phone. It's been nearly a year since they released QD1.
    I will probably not maintain this thread for much longer since I do not actively use a G870A myself anymore.
    While the androidfilehost storage lasts, feel free to grab all files you need from there but please understand I will not reupload anywhere else. I don't have copies of the files other than what is stored on AFH.
    ANNOUNCEMENT

Update 28/04/2017
    Added file for:
    PK7 -> QD1

Update 27/04/2017
    There is an update out (G870AUCS2DQD1) but for some reason I can not download it from the AT&T servers. I'm currently on hotel Wifi maybe that's the problem. If someone can grab the file please send it to me so I can add it here. Will try again once I'm at home.

Update 02/04/2017
    PK5 -> PK7

Update 10/03/2017
    PK4 -> PK5 (Androidfilehost)
    PK4 -> PK5 (Mediafire)

Update 02/02/2017
    PK3 -> PK4

Update 13/01/2017
    PK2 -> PK3

Update 08/01/2017
    Added Legacy updates
    Full OF3 Stock Firmware
    OA1 -> OA2
    PB4 -> PH2
    PB5 -> PH2

Update 19/12/2016
    PH3->PK2
    PH4->PK2

Download from AT&T
    The files here are all that I could retrieve by manipulating the download URLs like this:

Code:
    https://xdmd.sl.attcompute.com/agents/42998/1488/SS-<OLDVERSION>-to-<LASTSIX-OF-NEWVERSION>-UP

Code:
    [url]https://xdmd.sl.attcompute.com/agents/42998/1488/SS-G870AUCS2DPH3-to-S2DPH4-UP[/url]
    If you can retrieve any files for the device that I haven't added please drop me a PM with a link for the file and I will upload it too.
    must i change file( ph3 to pk2 )'s name into update.zip before move it to sd card
    please help me

Look at the first post. AT&T provides these files under the same weburl. Once you know the version numbers you can derive the name of the file and then use a download manager to grab them. this involved work from a bunch of people in other threads on this forum. Not taking credit for the method I'm simply bundling the files and try to keep the latest ones available.

Can't help you with your other device. I don't have any experience with that and won't be able to give you any advice on which ROM to choose.
    I don't know I'm throwing in the towel I not rooted have stock bootloader and all bloatware is enable so I don't know what else it could be.

---------- Post added at 08:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 AM ----------

Ok so looking at the recovery logs just now it says my baseband version is PB1 but looking at it through system is says PB3?

Then have you tried the PB1 and onwards packages?