• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[EoL][G95XF/FD/N] SoLdieR9312s G95XDSBA ROM || 16.1 | AROMA | Android 9.0 | 21/02

Search This thread

MGeek1996

Sep 17, 2017
G955N

Please cancel the support of G955N because your kernel does not support the first screen, because a lot of people see you write G955N and think it can be brushed

Madhino

Oct 10, 2016
Battery drain

First I have to say thankx to the developer. This Rom I really like. Your work is really appreciated.
I just have one issue, the IMS Service consume almost 36% of my battery. Anyone else having that issue ?

BobbyManifesto

Jan 4, 2009
Does twrp work in latest release? When I tried it before I couldn't mount data and reboot after booting in to twrp with this rom

IMO it doesn't - I've spent all day figuring out why after i setup the rom and try to flash something extra in TWRP the data patition does not mount.. It seems that current TWRP for our devices isn't compatibile with latest magisk for Oreo and breaks the partiton. Someone wrote this in this thread before.

efex

Jul 15, 2008
Göteborg
OnePlus 8 Pro
OnePlus 9 Pro
Does twrp work in latest release? When I tried it before I couldn't mount data and reboot after booting in to twrp with this rom

IMO it doesn't - I've spent all day figuring out why after i setup the rom and try to flash something extra in TWRP the data patition does not mount.. It seems that current TWRP for our devices isn't compatibile with latest magisk for Oreo and breaks the partiton. Someone wrote this in this thread before.

That's correct, if you use Magisk this happens. Use SuperSU and suhide instead until Magisk (or TWRP?) gets updated. No issues here with SuperSU (955F).

jack allen

Dec 21, 2013
llanelli
What device are you using

Sent from my BadBwoi-S8+ using XDA Labs

BobbyManifesto

Jan 4, 2009
Im on g955f and wondering if it works as all im seeing is people not booting or failed flash or error 7... how come so many issues if instruction are clear is it user issue or dev issue??

Dunno tbh.. instructions are clear and simple so it shouldn't b a problem to flash it.. maybe ppl r jumping from rom to rom doing dirty flashes or skipping data/ system wipes.. hard to tell. in my case im 100% sure that i've messed something up ;)
Overall ROM's good - i've factory reseted mine and looks like its stabilizing now; just battery life's a b*tch :laugh:
Make a backup and have a try. if not this one then U have few other to try :)

Xostl

Jun 7, 2015
Efremov
x-trash.wixsite.com
I always put all the firmware clean, but here is the problem. On an ongoing basis, I have the latest G950FXXU1AQJ5 installed through ODIN.
I make a posh wipe all through the recovery and install the latest 1.5 builds androids, then I restart into the system and get the bootlug on boot.
Help solve this problem

jack allen

Dec 21, 2013
llanelli
Dunno tbh.. instructions are clear and simple so it shouldn't b a problem to flash it.. maybe ppl r jumping from rom to rom doing dirty flashes or skipping data/ system wipes.. hard to tell. in my case im 100% sure that i've messed something up ;)
Overall ROM's good - i've factory reseted mine and looks like its stabilizing now; just battery life's a b*tch :laugh:
Make a backup and have a try. if not this one then U have few other to try :)
This is my point people mostly dirty flash and moan saying theres an issue its the rom or the devs prob but then theres the other 50% like yourself who has no issues by following the steps iv been on batstock no issues and my other nandroid backup of ironmanrom again no issues both factory resets but both different roms i flit between the two of them i cant decide to keep permantly but now theres this... a third rom lol man its hard to choose

krusir

This is my point people mostly dirty flash and moan saying theres an issue its the rom or the devs prob but then theres the other 50% like yourself who has no issues by following the steps ...

Agree. I do dirty flash all the time, when things went wrong, my first assumption is the "dirty" part cause issue. Just try to save time to have all Apps restore from play store and re-do some system setting. When things work, I am happy.

When outcome is not optimal, I try to google and ask around to see any way to fix it. When seeing some app FC, you can try to wipe app DATA. You will only need to do the setup for this app only. Use TB to do the job is much easier. If there is no resolution, then I follow OP's suggestion, wipe and start over for a new round.

jack allen

Dec 21, 2013
llanelli
Agree. I do dirty flash all the time, when things went wrong, my first assumption is the "dirty" part cause issue. Just try to save time to have all Apps restore from play store and re-do some system setting. When things work, I am happy.

When outcome is not optimal, I try to google and ask around to see any way to fix it. When seeing some app FC, you can try to wipe app DATA. You will only need to do the setup for this app only. Use TB to do the job is much easier. If there is no resolution, then I follow OP's suggestion, wipe and start over for a new round.
Exactly my point i use samsung cloud and just let is restore takes what 10mins at most and the phone is restored as before but on a different rom so happy days no issue

BobbyManifesto

Jan 4, 2009
Guys, if your S8/ S8+ gets hot after installing this or any other Oreo beta - go to battery usage find a process named "IMS service" and clear its data - helped in my case :good:

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    rom_thread_2k19_s8.png

rom_base_details.png

• G950FXXU4DSBA
    • Security Patch Level: February
    • Android 9.0
    • ODEXED
    • Support for G950F/FD/N & G955F/FD/N
    • No-Root or Magisk as root method
    • Turned off KNOX
    • Removed Secure Folder & Samsung Pass
    • Included RMM State ByPass
    • Samsung Stock Patched Kernel

rom_features.png

• CSC Features in AROMA Installer
    • Font Options in AROMA Installer
    • Emoji Options in AROMA Installer
    • Bixby Remap Options in AROMA Installer
    • Bootsplash Options in AROMA Installer
    • Netflix Streaming Fix in AROMA Installer
    • Latest TWRP Recovery Option in AROMA Installer

latest_release.png

rom_changelog.png

-rebased to DSBA [official PIE] (February Security Patch Base)
      -rebased Stock patched Kernel to DSBA

-rebased to CSB1 (February Security Patch Base)
      -rebased Stock patched Kernel to CSB1
      -updated Magisk to stable 18.1 official build
      -updated AdAway to 4.2.2
      -Aroma: Chrome debloat only with dirty flash
      -ScreenRecord Toggle added to Quicksettings
      -fixed build.prop tweaks in script

helpful_links.png

install_instructions.png

coming from stock rom:

1. Backup your current ROM
    2. Backup your Internal Storage if needed
    3. Format Data then Wipe System, Data, Cache, Dalvik-Cache, Internal Storage
    4. Reboot to TWRP again
    5. Flash latest release
    6. OPTIONAL: Flash latest twrp flashable firmware
    7. Reboot and enjoy

coming from another custom rom:

2. Wipe system, data, cache, dalvik-cache
    3. Flash latest release
    4. OPTIONAL: Flash latest twrp flashable firmware
    5. Reboot and enjoy

coming from any of my oreo releases:

2. Flash latest release
    3. OPTIONAL: Flash latest twrp flashable firmware
    4. Reboot and enjoy

sharing_policy.png

Code:
    Please do not take anything without asking us first. We will 99% allow you to use anything, just ask first though.
    You cannot use any of our work which hasn't been released in an official ROM release unless given express permission.
    We are not responsible for anything that happens to your device while using this ROM.
    By using this ROM you agree with the above terms.

Thanks @mwilky for being such a great developer and the whole Renovate Team for being awesome :)

XDA:DevDB Information
    [EoL][G95XF/FD/N] SoLdieR9312s G95XDSBA ROM || 16.1 | AROMA | Android 9.0 | 21/02, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S8

Contributors
    SoLdieR9312
    Source Code: http://opensource.samsung.com/reception.do

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest Bootloader and Modem, TWRP Recovery

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 16.1
    Stable Release Date: 2019-02-21

Created 2017-11-10
    Last Updated 2019-02-21
    G95XF-FD-N-DSBA_by_SoLdieR9312_16.0 released

Changelog:
    -rebased to DSBA (February Security Patch Base PIE)
    -rebased Stock patched Kernel to DSBA

This will be my last S8/S8+ ROM, support is END OF LIFE with this Release.

Old Oreo ROM and Firmware is also linked to afh mirrors, so you can always flash back older build if needed.
    changelog.png

• rebased to CRG1 July Security Patch Base
    changelog_r.png

• removed debloating - caused google play store -501 install error .. WHAT THE HELL OREO?!
      SORRY GUYS.. but this OREO BETA acts very strange at some points x.x