• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[EOL] [G96XF] Rooted Stock Rom BRF8

Search This thread

Ryank02

Dec 4, 2015
Arnhem
THIS ROM IS NO LONGER UPDATED!!

Welcome to Rooted Stock Rom!

ABOUT THE ROM
The goal of this rom is to provide a very close to stock experience, but with root, and fast updates.
Because of that, the rom is perfect for people that want stock rom with root.
And to top it off, the rom bugfree and easy to use!

FEATURES
• Based on BRF8
• No force encryption
• Knox is fully removed
• Stock Patched kernel by SoLdieR9312
• Prerooted with Magisk v16.5.5 by SoLdieR9312
• No securestorage issues

DOWNLOADS
v5.2
G96X

v5.1
G96X

CREDITS
@SoLdieR9312 for his Patched Stock Kernel and for telling me how to fix securestorage issues
@rifek4 for helping me fix some issues with the rom that it had earlier.
@orelta for helping me with Aroma Installer! (Aroma was used in older versions).

XDA:DevDB Information
Rooted Stock Rom, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S9

Contributors
Ryank02
ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
Based On: Touchwiz

Version Information
Current Stable Version: v5.2 BRF8
Stable Release Date: 2018-06-29

Created 2018-05-12
Last Updated 2018-12-19

Last edited:

Ryank02

Dec 4, 2015
Arnhem
LATEST CHANGELOG
v5.2
• I removed the firmware selection from Aroma, because I couldnt get it working properly, now I recommend using the 'Firmware' and 'Vendor' flashable zips by Soldier9312 again
• Aroma Installer is removed, because it isn't needed anymore
• Big thanks to Soldier9312 for this one, now all Securestorage errors are fixed (this fixes bluetooth toggle delay and more)
• One Knox related app that still was there is now removed
• Updated Magisk from 16.4 to 16.5.5
• For G960F users, now in the settings app there are no traces left anymore of the G965F
v5.1
• Fixed issues with the camera.
• Also, you dont need to select your device anymore in Aroma, you only need to choose if you want the newest firmware or not (which is not needed if you come from v5).

v5
• Rebased the rom to BRF8
• Updated Soldier's kernel to BRF8

v4
• Rebased the rom to BRF3
• Updated Soldier's kernel to BRF3
• Added Aroma for the installation
• While installing you need to select your device and choose to install the latest firmware if needed

v3
• Most knox related stuff removed
• It now includes Patched Stock Kernel by SoLdieR9312
• A new updater-script, you will notice it when installing the rom ;D

v2
• Now based on BRE5.
• The G960F and G965F now use the same flashable zip.
• Removed the bootloader, modem, and vendor from the flashable zip to save space (see first post for solution if you want the newest firmware)

v1
• First release.

HOW TO INSTALL
1. Make sure that the buildnumber of this rom is the same as on your phone now, otherwise download the correct firmware and vendor flashable zips by SoLdieR9312 from his xda thread.
2. Make sure that you have TWRP installed, and boot into TWRP.
3. If your data partition is encrypted, then FORMAT data, if its not encrypted, and you come from a different rom, then you only need to wipe data.
If you come from a previous version of this rom, then you dont need to do anything.
4. If needed, flash the firmware and vendor zip files, if not needed, then continue with the next step.
5. Flash the rom zip, when its done you can boot into the system and enjoy!

Last edited:

stephenuk

Apr 10, 2006
Manchester
Thanks for this :) however is there anyway to remove this Mein A1 app? I have no idea what it is as it's all in German. It's no able to be uninstalled even in titanium back up as it says no .akp file found

Last edited:
Reactions: Ryank02

Ryank02

Dec 4, 2015
Arnhem
Thanks for this :) however is there anyway to remove this Main A1 app? I have no idea what it is as it's all in German. It's no able to be uninstalled even in titanium back up as it says no .all file found

I have this rom installed on my own S9 too, and I have never seen the app, so I guess that it is included in the CSC.
Could you send a screenshot of the app info of the app? So then I can search for it in the rom zip and tell you how you can delete it .

Reactions: stephenuk

Ryank02

Dec 4, 2015
Arnhem
Thanks I've uploaded a screen shot, the app is in the bottom right hand corner

It seems that that has to do with the CSC that it applies (OXM is multi CSC and when booting it chooses one of the CSC's inside, which is PHN in my case) and the CSC that your phone chose to use apparantly has that A1 app in it.
If you can tell me what CSC you have, I can check if there is a way to get rid of that A1 app.
Otherwise, you could always disable the app with an app like QuickDis which you can get from the Play Store.

stephenuk

Apr 10, 2006
Manchester
It seems that that has to do with the CSC that it applies (OXM is multi CSC and when booting it chooses one of the CSC's inside, which is PHN in my case) and the CSC that your phone chose to use apparantly has that A1 app in it.
If you can tell me what CSC you have, I can check if there is a way to get rid of that A1 app.
Otherwise, you could always disable the app with an app like QuickDis which you can get from the Play Store.

Hi Thanks for the reply, I never flashed a csc with odin. I only used odin for twrp. However I used this N965F_Root_for_OEM_issue_devices.zip and no-verity-opt-encrypt-6.0-star and flashed them in twrp. Is it possible to just flash a new CSC, if so have you got one you can recommend

thanks

Ryank02

Dec 4, 2015
Arnhem
Hi Thanks for the reply, I never flashed a csc with odin. I only used odin for twrp. However I used this N965F_Root_for_OEM_issue_devices.zip and no-verity-opt-encrypt-6.0-star and flashed them in twrp. Is it possible to just flash a new CSC, if so have you got one you can recommend

thanks

That is not possible, as your device selects a CSC based on your SIM card and possibly some other things.
You can check with the Phone Info app from the Play Store on what CSC your phone currently uses, then tell me what it says, so I can look into it and possibly fix the issue.

Ryank02

Dec 4, 2015
Arnhem

thanks

As you can see on the first screenshot, it says that the CSC version is OXM, but on the second screenshot it says that it is using PHN.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180516-214822.jpg
    Screenshot_20180516-214822.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 302
  • Screenshot_20180516-214817.jpg
    Screenshot_20180516-214817.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 313

stephenuk

Apr 10, 2006
Manchester
That is not possible, as your device selects a CSC based on your SIM card and possibly some other things.
You can check with the Phone Info app from the Play Store on what CSC your phone currently uses, then tell me what it says, so I can look into it and possibly fix the issue.

Thanks Arnhem much appreciated for your help its been driving me crazy for the past 2 days. Im just installing the ryan stock rom now again, i tried loads of different roms to see if it would get rid of the app but no luck. And Kies is useless it doesn't even recognize my phone just says connecting all the time. I was going to just reflash to stock and start again to see if that would help.

Ryank02

Dec 4, 2015
Arnhem
Thanks Arnhem much appreciated for your help its been driving me crazy for the past 2 days. Im just installing the ryan stock rom now again, i tried loads of different roms to see if it would get rid of the app but no luck. And Kies is useless it doesn't even recognize my phone just says connecting all the time. I was going to just reflash to stock and start again to see if that would help.

You're welcome Manchester, if it is done with flashing and you tell me the current CSC that it uses, I can try to get rid of all carrier bloatware on all CSC's, which would get rid of the A1 app in your case.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THIS ROM IS NO LONGER UPDATED!!

Welcome to Rooted Stock Rom!

ABOUT THE ROM
    The goal of this rom is to provide a very close to stock experience, but with root, and fast updates.
    Because of that, the rom is perfect for people that want stock rom with root.
    And to top it off, the rom bugfree and easy to use!

FEATURES
    • Based on BRF8
    • No force encryption
    • Knox is fully removed
    • Stock Patched kernel by SoLdieR9312
    • Prerooted with Magisk v16.5.5 by SoLdieR9312
    • No securestorage issues

DOWNLOADS
    v5.2
    G96X

v5.1
    G96X

CREDITS
    @SoLdieR9312 for his Patched Stock Kernel and for telling me how to fix securestorage issues
    @rifek4 for helping me fix some issues with the rom that it had earlier.
    @orelta for helping me with Aroma Installer! (Aroma was used in older versions).

XDA:DevDB Information
    Rooted Stock Rom, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S9

Contributors
    Ryank02
    ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: Touchwiz

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: v5.2 BRF8
    Stable Release Date: 2018-06-29

Created 2018-05-12
    Last Updated 2018-12-19
    As Im on vacation in Turkey right now, I cant update the rom to BRG6.
    I will do this next week.
    LATEST CHANGELOG
    v5.2
    • I removed the firmware selection from Aroma, because I couldnt get it working properly, now I recommend using the 'Firmware' and 'Vendor' flashable zips by Soldier9312 again
    • Aroma Installer is removed, because it isn't needed anymore
    • Big thanks to Soldier9312 for this one, now all Securestorage errors are fixed (this fixes bluetooth toggle delay and more)
    • One Knox related app that still was there is now removed
    • Updated Magisk from 16.4 to 16.5.5
    • For G960F users, now in the settings app there are no traces left anymore of the G965F
    v5.1
    • Fixed issues with the camera.
    • Also, you dont need to select your device anymore in Aroma, you only need to choose if you want the newest firmware or not (which is not needed if you come from v5).

v5
    • Rebased the rom to BRF8
    • Updated Soldier's kernel to BRF8

v4
    • Rebased the rom to BRF3
    • Updated Soldier's kernel to BRF3
    • Added Aroma for the installation
    • While installing you need to select your device and choose to install the latest firmware if needed

v3
    • Most knox related stuff removed
    • It now includes Patched Stock Kernel by SoLdieR9312
    • A new updater-script, you will notice it when installing the rom ;D

v2
    • Now based on BRE5.
    • The G960F and G965F now use the same flashable zip.
    • Removed the bootloader, modem, and vendor from the flashable zip to save space (see first post for solution if you want the newest firmware)

v1
    • First release.

HOW TO INSTALL
    1. Make sure that the buildnumber of this rom is the same as on your phone now, otherwise download the correct firmware and vendor flashable zips by SoLdieR9312 from his xda thread.
    2. Make sure that you have TWRP installed, and boot into TWRP.
    3. If your data partition is encrypted, then FORMAT data, if its not encrypted, and you come from a different rom, then you only need to wipe data.
    If you come from a previous version of this rom, then you dont need to do anything.
    4. If needed, flash the firmware and vendor zip files, if not needed, then continue with the next step.
    5. Flash the rom zip, when its done you can boot into the system and enjoy!
    I don't know for sure, but I think that the new version (with above problems fixed) will come either today or tomorrow.
    Alright, I tried my best to get BRGA working, but something is going wrong and my phone cant boot.
    I'm tired of it, I'm going to discontinue this rom, its simply too much work.
    BRF8 is the last release, and BRGA will not get released.