(EOL) [Kernel][04.10.21][Q:1.6.3][R:2.6.0] JimboK - Kernel for SM-8250 (S20 and Note 20 Snapdragon)

Search This thread

jimbo77

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 2, 2010
Guatemala
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Last edited:

jimbo77

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 2, 2010
Guatemala
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
There was an issue with the backtothefuture-2099-12.zip file from Post #3 that prevented the file from changin the OS Patch Level in the phone. Please make sure to delete the old copy (if you have it) and download the one that has been attached to the post.

mimsiroll

Dec 14, 2011
manila
op, will there be an update for BTJ, Seems like i bootlooped but restored my s20u 9880HK just by flashing back my magiskpatch.tar, i'd love to use your kernel.

Last edited:

mimsiroll

Dec 14, 2011
manila
You're saying it bootloops on latest BTJ? My G988N is still in BTI3. Have your tried flashing the Google vbmeta?

Yes, it bootlooped on latest BTJ3, are you pertaining to vbmeta disabler by jesec? i've tried that when i use Jesec's steps
"Stage 3: Disable Android Verified Boot"
1. Reboot to DOWNLOAD mode. If you are already in the download mode, skip to step 2.
2. Download Odin 3.14.4 or newer and make sure Samsung USB drivers are installed.
3. Open Odin and put the vbmeta_disabled.tar into USERDATA slot and click "Start"
4. Your device will reboot but it will not boot into system as vbmeta signature has changed"

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello!

I want to introduce my first custom kernel for the SM8250 family of Snapdragons. This is based of latest Samsung OneUI 2.5 Sources and I cherry-picked commits to make improvements to the stock base. I'm not a developer, but i really like to port stuff over .

I will try to have this Kernel updated as soon as new source tarballs are drop by Samsung. If you want to request for specific features, let me know and i'll do my best to bring them over.

Special Features:

Changelog is in post #2

How to Install:

First, make sure you are in any OneUI 2.5 (BTH* or BTI*) ROM and have TWRP on the device. Make sure you take a backup of your current boot partition in twrp, now install either the boot.img (extract from the tar file) or use ODIN to flash in Dowload mode. Please make sure to read Post #3 regarding issues with the current OS Patch Level. Images from 1.5.0 onwards are pre-rooted but you will probably need to update magisk either manually or by flashing latest magisk.zip file.

Keep in mind the following table to determine your phone model:

x1q = S20 - G981X
    y2q = S20+ - G986X
    z3q = S20U - G988X
    r8q = S20 FE - G781B
    c1q = Note 20 - N981X
    c2q = Note 20U - N986X

IMPORTANT NOTE: It seems some users need to flash a vbmeta image file provided by Google in order to boot and user the Custom Kernel. If you find yourself in a situation were you are not able to boot, please flash the attached vbmeta img along with the Kernel and if still bootlooping share the last_kmsg to determine what's driving the issue.

Download:

Disclaimer: I am not responsible if you use this and brick your device or if your device blows up, implodes, flames start shooting from it or it kills your neighbor's dog. Flash at your own risk. I am not responsible.... It was the other guy... I swear....

You can use THIS link to get the latest builds. These and other downloads can also be found in the Telegram Group.

Sources for Q? https://github.com/Jimbo77/JimboK_common_sm8250
    Sources for R? https://github.com/Jimbo77/Jimbok_common_sm8250-R

Join the Telegram Group for additional discussions and downloads - HERE

Special thanks to:
    Afaneh
    Ianmcd
    0smosis
    flar2
    Lord Boeffla
    jesec
    elliwigy
    pappasmurf

For their work and dedication to development!
    1.6.0 is up. Merry Christmas everyone!
    Happy New Year everybody! May you accomplish all of your goals this year and succeed in anything you set for!

As promised, 1.8.0 is up. This is a very interesting update, i have worked both the DEVFREQ and CPU_INPUT BOOST functionalities and fine tuned them for our Device frequencies. You will notice a change in the smoothness of the system overall but i need you to be aware that battery life might be a bit compromised (nothing to be worried about) since now the device will wake up and react to inputs with higher CPU, GPU and DDR frequencies.

I hope this works as intended for everyone but please leave feedback in case anything breaks and as always, if you can... Support the efforts! :)
    1.7.0 is up! As mentioned in Telegram. I know several users want dc dimming / flicker free dimming added to the Kernel but let me tell you it is not an easy task :(. It will need several hours invested to port it correctly and i don't have too much spare time nowadays so this specific feature might take a long or will not ever make it to the kernel at all. I apologize but i have other priorities right now :).

Enjoy this release, and 1.8.0 will be dropped around new year's eve if everything works fine on my internal testing.
    R-2.3.0 is up..! Read the changelogs and report any issues you face