[EOL] [KERNEL][G800F][exynos][CUSTOM KERNEL] FOR MOST CUSTOM ROMS [EOL]

Search This thread

a-dead-trousers

Jul 28, 2016
Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini
Seems to be a kernel oops
"Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at virtual address 0000080f" and "2331 Internal error: Oops: 5 [#1] PREEMPT SMP ARM"
I did a quick search on the Oops and most of the results I got, mentioned a power problem in Raspberry Pi. https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=98972
Acording to the changelog https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=72455839&postcount=823 @hennymcc replaced lpm with healthd.
I would suggest that you revert this change for a quick verification.

Reactions: spookcity138

spookcity138

Nov 9, 2015
Eindhoven
I did a quick search on the Oops and most of the results I got, mentioned a power problem in Raspberry Pi. https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=98972
Acording to the changelog https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=72455839&postcount=823 @hennymcc replaced lpm with healthd.
I would suggest that you revert this change for a quick verification.

Thanks for looking into this. We have been trying to solve this. I will hopefully have some time this afternoon to try some more.I will give a look into the healthd commit.

Pat750

Sep 12, 2016
Did use Kernel test5 and test6 on AICP for a couple of days last week.
ROM was very smooth with both of the Kernels. New frequencies in test6 are working great.
Didn't change anything with Kernel Adiutor. Interactive is working very good for me and battery is great.
Now I'm on XenonHD and will flash test6 and try to report.
For sure I will use some of the many ROMs on that new Github page.
Thanks very much for all the work that has been put into our device.

spookcity138

Nov 9, 2015
Eindhoven
Test 7 Kernel doesn't boot for me on Beanstalk 7 :(. When it's done booting, it ends up in Samsung splashscreen and boots again. I attached the dmesg log if it helps ;) Hope it'll work at some point..
So weird. You're not alone in this,but it is very random. I've had no issues. Thanks for the log. I'll have a look.

Edit:
Took a quick look at the log on my phone and didn't see anything really that explains this. I'll have a look on a computer tomorrow as its easier,but as of now I'm a bit stumped.

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Friedensfurz

Yeees, that worked. Didn't expect the FP scanner to be the culprit at all! Cheers!? 1496347027083.jpg

filip555

Dec 18, 2011
Did use Kernel test5 and test6 on AICP for a couple of days last week.
ROM was very smooth with both of the Kernels. New frequencies in test6 are working great.
Didn't change anything with Kernel Adiutor. Interactive is working very good for me and battery is great.
Now I'm on XenonHD and will flash test6 and try to report.
For sure I will use some of the many ROMs on that new Github page.
Thanks very much for all the work that has been put into our device.

What is your screen on time while on 4g or wireless?

spookcity138

Nov 9, 2015
Eindhoven
I have uploaded test8 of my kernel. Read about it and download it Here It has a patch applied which should fix some issues (Firefox,perhaps the FP issue?) I really need feedback on this,so please let me know. Also,its set to permissive. If you want and need safetynet,you will need to change it to enforcing via Kernel Adiutor,synapse,ETC. If I get some feedback and most people would prefer me just to keep it on enforcing I will.

jaeck

May 26, 2015
I have uploaded test8 of my kernel. Read about it and download it Here It has a patch applied which should fix some issues (Firefox,perhaps the FP issue?) I really need feedback on this,so please let me know. Also,its set to permissive. If you want and need safetynet,you will need to change it to enforcing via Kernel Adiutor,synapse,ETC. If I get some feedback and most people would prefer me just to keep it on enforcing I will.

I installed your new kernel and firefox is working again - just like you promised!! I didn't had the FP-Sensor in use before and with this kernel I was able to add a fingerprint and it works for me.
So again thank you very much for your time and effort!!!

a-dead-trousers

Jul 28, 2016
Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini
I installed your new kernel and firefox is working again - just like you promised!! I didn't had the FP-Sensor in use before and with this kernel I was able to add a fingerprint and it works for me.
It's working here too. I was able to activate SELinux and SafetyNet got a green response. Good job.

spookcity138

Nov 9, 2015
Eindhoven
Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm glad that's resolved,now onto the new problem that was pointed out to me. Chrome will not load any web pages. This has to do with the toolchain I've used,or more than likely a build flag,because with the stock toolchain and build flags all is good. I'm going to try to look into this some tonight.

Reactions: Friedensfurz

Friedensfurz

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm glad that's resolved,now onto the new problem that was pointed out to me. Chrome will not load any web pages. This has to do with the toolchain I've used,or more than likely a build flag,because with the stock toolchain and build flags all is good. I'm going to try to look into this some tonight.

Can also confirm that FP scanner and Firefox work fine. Btw, there isn't even a need to switch SafetyNet to enforcing as Magisk can fake the status to pseudo enforcing. If it doesn't work, you have to disable and reenable Magisk Hide :)

Pat750

Sep 12, 2016
How can SELinux be changed in Kernel Adiutor? Haven't found that option?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    ***WARNING***
    -READ CAREFULLY!!

YOU FLASH THIS KERNEL AT YOUR OWN RISK.I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE THAT MAY OCCUR DUE TO THE FLASHING OF THIS IMAGE.
    I WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR LOST DATA,BRICKED PHONE,OR ANYTHING OF THE SUCH.(PHONE EXPOLDES,OVERHEATS ETC)
    THIS KERNEL IS ONLY FOR THE S5 MINI SM-G8OOF (Exynos) DO NOT FLASH THIS ON ANY OTHER DEVICE!
    EOL (End of Life)

I will be creating a new thread for my N kernel - Stay tuned!​

UPDATED Linux kernel to 3.4.113 on 27-10-2016
    UPDATED to v2.5 on 13-10-2016
    Code:
    Changes in version 2.5
    *Unlocked CPU frequencies 1500,300 and 200MHZ
    *Switched to self built Linaro/Sabermod toolchain
    *Added many more optimization flags
    *Added DriveDroid support

Features

-Now supports Many different ROMS for the G800F
    -Compiled with self built optimized Linaro/SaberMod toolchain ("LinaroMod")
    -Unlocked CPU frequencies: 1500MHZ,200MHZ and 300MHZ
    -Updated Linux kernel from 3.4.39 to the latest 3.4.113
    -Added many optimizations (You can see all of the optimization flags in the makefile on the kernel source page)
    -enabled graphite
    -Added Drivedroid Support - http://softwarebakery.com/projects/drivedroid
    -Fading LED's
    -Added I/O schedulers
    -zen
    -sio
    -fifo
    -fiops
    -tripndroid
    -vr

-Added CPU governors
    -zzmoove
    -hyper
    -alucard
    -darkness
    -nightmare
    -wheatley
    -smartassv2
    -dancedance
    -pegasusq

You will need Kernel Adiutor (free from the play store) or similar app capable of allowing you to switch I/O schedulers and
    CPU governors in order to be able to change and set those.
    I can recommend this.
    http://xdaforums.com/android/apps-games/kernel-adiutor-mod-singularity-kernel-t3333549

Known Issues

Let me know and I will try to fix them
    Installation

I HIGHLY recommend that you do a full backup before flashing this kernel.I am not responsible if you lose any or all of your data.BACKUP!!

1.Download the "Spookcity_Kernel-MM"
    2.Place the zip onto your phones storage
    3.Reboot into recovery (Volume-Up + Home + Power button)
    4.Select install
    5.Flash the downloaded kernel
    6.Go back a few times in TWRP.Select wipe -> Advanced wipe and wipe Dalvic/Art cache and the cache partition
    If you do not do this you are very likely to experience strange issues.You have been warned.Do not report problems if you did not do this.
    7.Reboot and hopefully enjoy.
    Sources

Code:
    CHANGELOG
    [U]18-06-2017[/U]
    -Switched to anykernel2

[U]31-10-2016[/U]
    -Added zip for Bliss Rom

[U]13-10-2016[/U]
    -Unlocked CPU freq 1500,200,300MHZ
    -Switched to my self built toolchain
    -Added many more optimization flags to the build
    -Added DriveDroid support
    -Added zip for Zephyr-OS

[U]24-07-2016[/U]
    - Added zips to support more custom ROMS

[U]V2 - 23-07-2016[/U]
    -Fixed RAMDISK to make it compatible and actually work with newer builds of CM13
    -Changed SELinux from disabled to permissive to be in line with the "stock" CM kernel

-Added I/O schedulers
    -fiops
    -tripndroid
    -vr

-Added CPU governors
    -pegasusq

[U]V1 - Initial Release[/U]
    Thanks to
    -hennymcc and CTXz for bringing CM13 to our device! I used their kernel sources to build this.Without them I never would have been able to attemp this.
    -DJ_Steve for his custom kernel.Without being able to look at his sources and cherry-pick some things I would also not have been able to do this.
    -CurtisMJ Ditto same thing here.His kernel build and sources were very helpful to me.
    -frap129 for his amazing toolchains!
    -ArchiDroid
    Anyone I may have left out sorry.I appreciate you all!

I hope you enjoy and please say thanks if you find this at all useful :eek:

XDA:DevDB Information
    Spookcity_Kernel, Kernel for the Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini

Contributors
    spookcity138
    Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2016-05-26
    Last Updated 2017-06-18
    If interested in testing a very early version of a new kernel with no features added at this point (lots of optimization flags,updated Linux kernel and compiled with UberTC though) check Here
    Update!
    Well,I have been putting off releasing this version as there were more things I wanted to add/do before I did,but that hasn't happened due to the fact that I've been really busy. So instead of just waiting longer I will post it up and hopefully add more things soon.
    All zips updated.Changes can be found in the main post.

Note: Although this should still work on all of the ROMS it has only been tested on Zephyr and CM13.
    Enjoy!
    Just a quick update. I have started work on the MM sources for this kernel. Can't say when I'll have it up yet. It will still be some time. I'm trying to get all of the Linux kernel patches applied at the moment.
    If anyone cares to follow the progress..

https://github.com/Spookcity/android_kernel_samsung_kminilte

New version...Back to Linux 3.4.113. Hopefully with fixed audio. Please let me know as I really want to start adding things to this. Things to look for are distorted recorded audio or anything similar and headphone detection. Obviously anything else as well,but these were the issues reported so far. Thanks!
    Download Test 3 Here

Also,switched to self built UBERTC 7.0 for the toolchain.