[EOL][KERNEL] [SM-G900F] [Samsung Stock M/LP] Boeffla-Kernel (05-09-2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

andip71

Recognized Developer
Apr 22, 2008
Potsdam
OnePlus 5
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Can it be that the kernel cleaner app doesn't work right? Because after I use it, it says dalvik cache cleaned, but it's not.
The script is working for me, it definitely wipes art cache (there is no Dalvik anymore in lollipop).

In general the cleaner doesn't clean everything required, maybe. It is just a helper for users moving specifically from kt kernel to Boeffla.
For sure it is not perfect, as I don't know what other kernels potentially install / change.

Andi

ragz

How did you get it to work? It keeps asking me to reinstall driver.

Edit: I'm using Samsung 5.0 version of the kernel and I've copied to priv/app
My only comment on this as this is a kernel thread, I use power amp and no other sound mods and SELinux in the permissive mode, placed in private apps, if this doesn't help, check out the viper threads.
uploadfromtaptalk1428080479973.png

Alliance Rom Gold Member

Last edited:
Reactions: Spacemonkie4207

putti71

The script is working for me, it definitely wipes art cache (there is no Dalvik anymore in lollipop).

In general the cleaner doesn't clean everything required, maybe. It is just a helper for users moving specifically from kt kernel to Boeffla.
For sure it is not perfect, as I don't know what other kernels potentially install / change.

Andi
I flashed your kernel on Echoerom and had a lot of FCs and black background and no statusbar. Perhaps because I did no ART wipe or this Rom is not compatible?
Like some others I was with my S3 on Boeffla too. It was really the best kernel.

Spacemonkie4207

Jan 30, 2012
Cambridge
Google Pixel 4 XL
My only comment on this as this is a kernel thread, I use power amp and no other sound mods and SELinux in the permissive mode, placed in private apps, if this doesn't help, check out the viper threads.
View attachment 3243330

Alliance Rom Gold Member

Works thanks :)
Reason I've asked here is because maybe it's conflicting with Boeffla sound? Or maybe there is an option I'm missing in Boeffla config to switch Linux to permissive?

Reactions: ragz

paintball23456

Nov 1, 2011
london
Hello,I wanted to install this kernel as in the past it was my daily driver for my S3 (Again thanks for your work boeffla,you are awesome!). Did someone test it on xstrotelite? I am on latest one.
Thanks in advance!

Installed it last night. no problems so far and the phone is flying! battery is great too. Just make sure you install from the stock kernel.

Reactions: Wolf80 and andip71

pamarakos

Jan 10, 2008
Sorry for repeating but got no response and I m trying to figure whats the best way to upgrade to lp:)

Does it matter if rom is deodexed or odexed?

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Free mobile app

MIKEMON

Jan 19, 2012
Prostějov
samsungtelefony.forumczech.com
Sorry for repeating but got no response and I m trying to figure whats the best way to upgrade to lp:)

Does it matter if rom is deodexed or odexed?

it's up to you, I recommend stock 5.0 LP via odin for your region.
For me, always runs smoothly
Browse forum on custom rom
http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s5/development
and decide for yourself, I recommend the stock from Alexandr
Custom rom adds more features, but sometimes at the expense of fluency
ODEX for me wins

Reactions: pamarakos

standa75

Dec 14, 2012
Prague
I am facing issues related to almost permanent usage of maximum frequency for 1 core on beta 2. It seems that 1 core is always running on maximum, but the other cores seems to sleep well.(tested on intelidemand, as well on inteliactive).I did upgrade from beta 1, which had better battery consumption for me.

pamarakos

Jan 10, 2008
Either if I have permissive mode checked or unchecked the red text in the bootlogo (kernel is not seandroid enforcing) comes up, is it normal?? If this is normal I can t fool the samsung smartview app to believe kernel is stock...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

some of you know me from the Samsung devices area, where I provide my kernels already for more than two years to Galaxy S3 and Note 10.1 users for all sort of platforms (Samsung, Cyanogenmod, Omnirom etc.).
    Maybe you also know me from my OnePlus One kernels I added in winter last year to my portfolio.

Finally I got a Samsung Galaxy S5 afew weeks ago and decided to port my kernel also to this device. This is a sponsored device, so I want to say a big thank you to the people that made it possible, namely the ones in the German Smartphone Forum www.hubo.in !!!

Please note:
    I am not heading to have as many features as possible implemented, this is not my design goal. If you are more into that, move on to other, good existing kernels. If you are searching for a good mix of improvements and new functions while not sacrificing stability, you are welcome here (see below the history section for more info).

For the CM Boeffla-Kernel, please go HERE.

Important notes

When using new anykernel concept Boeffla-Kernel: Flash stock kernel of rom first !

Compatibility

Important: This kernel is only meant to be compatible with official Samsung stock firmware and nothing else.
    So when the kernel does not run on custom rom XYZ, do not even bother me with it or ask hundred times in the thread for compatibility.
    I could not care less about it !!

Support

First read the FAQ section on the Homepage !!!

Click here to learn about all possible kernel settings in the config app.
    Click here to learn about using the config app.

I will refuse to give support if you do any undervolting and experience freezes or hot reboots.

I will also not provide any support if you do not use Boeffla-Config app to tweak the kernel, other 3rd party tweaking apps are known (and intended) to cause issues.

I will refuse to give support if you have xposed framework installed and reporting any kind of weird issues. My opinion to xposed it quite clear: too powerful for >90% of the users that just mess up their system with it.

Change logs

(you can also access them directly in Boeffla-Config V2 by pressing menu and selecting "change log...")

Change log for Android 5.0 kernels: KLICK HERE

Features

• Support of anykernel concept (only latest kernels) - flash stock kernel before flashing Boeffla
    • Full integration with Boeffla-Config V2 configuration app (get it from http://www.boeffla.de) to configure all kernel settings
    • Additional governors: zzmoove (Note: not considered stable at the moment, you might face reboots!!!), intelliactive, intellidemand, wheatley, smartmax, slim, intellimm, nightmare, lionheart, pegasusq
    • Zzmoove supporting native hotplugging profiles
    • Additional schedulers: fiops, bfq, sio, tripndroid, zen
    • Many Hotplug tweak profiles (Default, Optimized, 1 core max, 2 cores max, 3 cores max, 2 cores min, 3 cores min, 4 cores min, 2 cores exact, 3 cores exact)
    • Wake up gestures implemented (double-tap-to-wake, swipe to wake)
    • Boeffla-Sound engine (Headphones and speaker volume configurable)
    • Configurable vnswap
    • zSwap configured fix to Samsung stock value of 1280 MB
    • True dynamic FSync (activated if screen on, deactived if screen off), configurable
    • Touch boost frequency configurable, touch boost switch
    • CPU Overclocking up to 2.84 GHz
    • CPU Voltages interface for undervolting/overvolting
    • GPU idle frequency 27 Mhz added
    • GPU governor selection support
    • Show GPU frequency usage per frequency in Boeffla-Config
    • Color control to adjust RGB color space + inverted mode
    • SD card read ahead buffer configurable (default increased to 1024 kB)
    • Ext4 File system tweaks (default to on, can be disabled)
    • System Tweaks predefined supported (default is off)
    • Android logger (logcat) configurable
    • Kernel logger (dmesg) configurable
    • Charge rates for AC charger, USB and wireless charging separately configurable (set charge rate to 0 to have stock charge logic back)
    • Charge information display support via Boeffla-Config V2 app
    • CIFS support (module, Important: make sure you unchecked option "Mount namespace separation" in SuperSU settings; do not mount inside /data or /storage)
    • NFS support (module)
    • NTFS support (module)
    • XBox support (module)
    • OTG-Ethernet support (module)
    • TCP Congestion changed to Westwood
    • Swap supported (but not recommended, zSwap used already)
    • init.d support (in /system/etc/init.d - set correct permissions!)
    • Default entropies increased
    • Automatic EFS backup
    • Full support for mpdecision for best compatibility and smoothness
      (Important: use Boeffla-Config to configure min/max CPU frequencies + governors + schedulers only - or explicitely allow other apps/processes to overwrite this in Boeffla-Config settings, but expect weird side effects)
    • Integrated full busybox 1.23.1 (own compilation)
    • Auto-Root by kernel possible by request
    • Kernel initialisation log file (with history of 3 log files)
    • Emergency reset script automatically placed into /boeffla-kernel-data folder of your internal memory
    • Presets supported in Boeffla-Config by kernel (Extreme power, power, normal, battery friendly and battery saving)
    • Google gcc 4.8 toolchain used for best stability
    • Initramfs of latest Samsung firmware
    • Based on latest Samsung sources
    • Kernel runs with SELinux enforcing by default, just as Samsung stock kernel for S5 - but can be configured to work in permissive mode in Boeffla-Config settings
    • Knox and Samsung rom security warnings removed
    • Note: I do NOT upstream the kernel to higher Linux kernel versions anymore as this usually has zero benefit but likely introduces new issues + is a waste of effort in the end

Download

For all information and downloads (stable AND testing versions), visit the Boeffla-Kernel homepage:
    www.boeffla.de

History and design targets

Basically I created my first Boeffla-Kernel in 2012 as there was no kernel for the Samsung Galaxy S3 around that had exactly the mix of functionalities that I wanted. I wanted to have full flexibility in undervolting and charge rates for instance, but did not like the sharpness and/or brightness tweaks many kernels have implemented as per default.

Hence, I began to create my own kernel after a while, adding all the features I like. This is the result of my work, which in the end I decided to share with you. I hope you like it as much as I do.

The objective of this kernel is to have a kernel for daily use. It does not aim for best battery life, or best smoothness or best benchmark scores. Also it does not aim to have the broadest feature set available everywhere.
    It aims more for a good mix of all, not sacrificing stability and functionality in the end.
    And - most important: It aims to stay quite close to stock !!!

These design targets are also valid for the Galaxy S5 kernel here!!!

This said, I will definitely NEVER implement:

• things I do personally not need
    • things I do not like
    • things that are in any way dangerous
    • anything which is highly experimental
    • f2fs - it is known to cause various issues and compatibility problems
    • a CAF based kernel
    • anykernel method to use the ramdisk of the installed rom
    • anything that requires upstreaming of kernel parts to a higher kernel major version
    So do not even ask for it if it falls into the listed categories. Everything else I am happy to check and decide.

And: I do not really care about benchmark numbers, they say almost nothing as long as something is not completely wrong. Important for me is the feel-good factor.
    I am also not interested in gaming at all, so never expect a gamer kernel. It will just not happen...

Compatibility

To reiterate it again: Flash the correct kernel depending on whether you are on Samsung Stock, CM12 or CM11 !!!

Configuration of the kernel

To tweak and configure the kernel, manually load and install the app "Boeffla-Config V2" from the downloads section on www.boeffla.de.

You need at least version 2.1.72 or higher for the Galaxy S5 Boeffla Kernels.

Donation

If you like my work, feel free to donate: Donation-Link

If you donate at least 2,49 EUR (to be in line with the donation app prices on Google Play store), you will receive a personal donation code which unlocks some nice little comfort functions in Boeffla-Config V2 on top.

Source code

All sources can be found in my Github repository: http://github.com/andip71

Credits to developers

Of course, I had never been able to create all that by my own. So I want to give credits to the really good developers around, that have given me all the inspiration and from which I cherry picked lots of the implemented functionalities:

* ZaneZam
    * Yank555
    * ktoonsez
    * Hardcore
    * Chainfire
    * AndreiLux
    * Netarchy
    * Gokhanmoral
    * Entropy512
    * Faux
    * Ak

... I just hope I did not forget someone. If so, please let me know and I will add you of course.
    Thanks to all of you for your great work !!!

Disclaimer

*** As always - Flash on our own risk! ***

Make sure you flash the correct version depending on your firmware version!

I can and will not take any responsibility for bricked phones or lost data.

It is generally recommended to run a complete Nandroid backup in your custom recovery and safely store your personal data before you flash a new kernel.

Cheers and enjoy
    Andi
    Hi all,

one more, last update now for you.

Version 2.5 stable -- final
    • Update: Merged latest Samsung code drop G900FXXS1CQH1 as of 30.08.2017
    Enjoy
    Andi
    Hi all,

major overhaul of the Samsung stock MM kernel, I built it from scratch with cleaned commits based on latest Samsung sources.

Version 2.2-beta1

• Kernel completely built from scratch on latest Samsung sources G900FXXU1CPHV_SM-G900F_EUR_MM_Opensource, eliminating lots of obsolete commits and code
    • Change: Internal kernel busybox updated to latest version 1.25.1 (self-compiled from sources, www.busybox.net)
    • Change: KCAL initialization changed (if switched to off, it should never do anything during bootup)
    • Change: Removed ramconsole again as last_kmsg on S5 was never of any help in the past
    • Change: Improvements to anykernel script (credits to Osm0sis)
    • Change: Build script improvements
    Enjoy
    Andi
    beta4

Hi guys,

after some time, a new beta for you - beta4.
    This is supposed to be the last beta before I release a stable release, and continue adding new functions in a new beta.

So here we go:

Version 1.0-beta4

• Fix issue with schedulers for ext. SD memory not sticky (requires also latest Boeffla-Config App 2.1.75)
    • Flashable recovery zip file is now signed, i.e. you can use signature verification in TWRP or CWM recoveries
    • Minor SELinux improvements (fix memory leak and make it less chatty)
    Enjoy
    Andi
    Kernel update

Hi all,

I now merged Samsung latest source drop into the kernel + a lot of internal stuff done.

Here we go.

Version 1.1-beta8

• Latest Samsung kernel source drop merged in (SM-G900F_EUR_LL_Opensource for G900FXXU1BOD3)
    • Ramdisk updated to version of firmware G900FXXU1BOE5
    • Various internal bugfixes and optimisations
    Enjoy
    Andi