Search This thread

Tkkg1994

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
Jun 10, 2014
Coding City
IronStock-Kernel for SM-T700/T705 models

Galaxy-Tab-S-8.4_inch_Dazzling-White_10.jpg

Supports Touchwiz based on 6.0.1

The aim of this kernel is to be as stock as possible with improved performance and up to date linux version. I included this builds in all IronRom versions but most of you probably want to use it as standalone kernel. So here you go with the new kernel :)
By the way if you want to visit my rom: IronRom.

IF YOU FOLLOW MY STEPS BELOW, YOU WILL LOSE YOUR WARRANTY, KNOX WILL DISPLAY 0x1! I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGED DEVICE!

If you want to take my work and need it somewhere, or do other things with it, ask me first for the permission. Otherwise you are not allowed to take it! Thank you :)!

Features of this Kernel:
- Build with latest Toolchain 5.3
- Build with CPK2 kernel source!
- Latest Linux version 3.4.113, is always up to date
- Performance and Batterylife improved
- Choose between different CPU governors: performance, powersave, userspace, ondemand, interactiv (default), conservative
- Built with latest ramdisk sources from samsung (CPK2)
- I/O schedulers: CFQ (Default), No-op, Deadline
- Critical TCP bug fixed
- Allow ADB-Insecure
- TCP (Network) control: Bic (default), Reno, cubic, Westwood, Highspeed, Hybla, HTCP, Vegas, Veno, Scalable, LP, Yeah and Illinois
- SeLinux is set to permissive
- UKSM build in
- Init.d support
- Wakelock fixed (google problem)
- All samsung related configs disabled (as knox, tima, restrict rooting)

Download:
V3.2 on AndroidFilehost
All releases on AndroidFilehost

Bugs/Problems:
- None

Instructions:
1. Download kernel
2. Boot into recovery mode
3. Flash kernel
4. Flash any other file which affects ramdisk (such as supersu, xposed, magisk etc.)
5. Reboot

If you wanna join the beta tester group, download yourself telegram and click on the chat link: Telegram Group

Support:
If you like my work, feel free to hit thanks and/or give me a small donation by clicking the link right below. Thank you very much in any way! :D :good:

Credits/Thanks:
- Samsung for sources
- the great linus for his amazing kernel source
- dorimanx
- AndreiLux
- halaskz
- neobuddy83

XDA:DevDB Information
IronStock for klimtxx, Kernel for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S

Contributors
Tkkg1994
Source Code: https://github.com/Tkkg1994/IronKernel/

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
Current Stable Version: V3.2
Stable Release Date: 2017-01-03

Created 2017-01-03
Last Updated 2017-07-14

Abdl

Dec 1, 2012
I guess im first to comment here,what an honour.
Thanks for showing love to our tablets. Now what remains is some nice Rom to compliment the kernel... :D

Tonyspo

Jun 4, 2015
I noticed some minor issues with the wifi. It takes a lot more to recognize the signal in the switching from off to on. Also it forgets known connections. Did I do anything worng?

Last edited:

Tkkg1994

Jun 10, 2014
Coding City
this kernel shows a boost in performance on the t700 compared to stock kernel....nice!
Perfect thank you!
I noticed some minor issues with the wifi. It takes a lot more to recognize the signal in the switching from off to on. Also it forgets known connections. Did I do anything worng?
Change securestorage in build.prop from true to false and reboot. It will work fine than

Sent from my SuperMan powered SM-G930F

Tonyspo

Jun 4, 2015
Perfect thank you!

Change securestorage in build.prop from true to false and reboot. It will work fine than

Was about to reply it worked as I read your answer on the t80X thread. Thanks for your support. Will report feedbacks for the kernel which already looks nice!
:good:

aumast

Mar 18, 2013
Perfect thank you!

I have change securestorage.suport to false in build but no change I must inter Wi-Fi code ich reboot please help

Envoyé de mon SM-T705 en utilisant Tapatalk

qbic2

Dec 30, 2010
Kraków
Thanks for great work !

When installing kernel on 705 there is message that 805 kernel was installed (I know its a typo).
Testing.

Geekbench scores:

Iron: 564/1593
Stock: 811/1993

This is strange, it seems that your kernel is slower, It might be something related to thermal throttling so im not sure...

Last edited:

nutley

Apr 28, 2011
Posted in the adoptable storage thread but thought it prudent to post here too. The adoptable storage patch with this kernel would result in saying the sd card is corrupt (3 different cards) by using the stock kernel, formatting the card as internal it worked. Flashed this kernel again and it is still working :)

Tkkg1994

Jun 10, 2014
Coding City
Thanks for great work !

When installing kernel on 705 there is message that 805 kernel was installed (I know its a typo).
Testing.

Geekbench scores:

This is strange, it seems that your kernel is slower, It might be something related to thermal throttling so im not sure...

I checked my defconfig. Should be written T705 at least in kernel it is.

That score can differe from each time to time depending on temperature of soc and outside

Posted in the adoptable storage thread but thought it prudent to post here too. The adoptable storage patch with this kernel would result in saying the sd card is corrupt (3 different cards) by using the stock kernel, formatting the card as internal it worked. Flashed this kernel again and it is still working :)
The patch changes something in fstab and my fstabs are patched to work with f2fs that's probably why

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    IronStock-Kernel for SM-T700/T705 models

Galaxy-Tab-S-8.4_inch_Dazzling-White_10.jpg

Supports Touchwiz based on 6.0.1

The aim of this kernel is to be as stock as possible with improved performance and up to date linux version. I included this builds in all IronRom versions but most of you probably want to use it as standalone kernel. So here you go with the new kernel :)
    By the way if you want to visit my rom: IronRom.

IF YOU FOLLOW MY STEPS BELOW, YOU WILL LOSE YOUR WARRANTY, KNOX WILL DISPLAY 0x1! I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGED DEVICE!

If you want to take my work and need it somewhere, or do other things with it, ask me first for the permission. Otherwise you are not allowed to take it! Thank you :)!

Features of this Kernel:
    - Build with latest Toolchain 5.3
    - Build with CPK2 kernel source!
    - Latest Linux version 3.4.113, is always up to date
    - Performance and Batterylife improved
    - Choose between different CPU governors: performance, powersave, userspace, ondemand, interactiv (default), conservative
    - Built with latest ramdisk sources from samsung (CPK2)
    - I/O schedulers: CFQ (Default), No-op, Deadline
    - Critical TCP bug fixed
    - Allow ADB-Insecure
    - TCP (Network) control: Bic (default), Reno, cubic, Westwood, Highspeed, Hybla, HTCP, Vegas, Veno, Scalable, LP, Yeah and Illinois
    - SeLinux is set to permissive
    - UKSM build in
    - Init.d support
    - Wakelock fixed (google problem)
    - All samsung related configs disabled (as knox, tima, restrict rooting)

Download:
    V3.2 on AndroidFilehost
    All releases on AndroidFilehost

Bugs/Problems:
    - None

Instructions:
    1. Download kernel
    2. Boot into recovery mode
    3. Flash kernel
    4. Flash any other file which affects ramdisk (such as supersu, xposed, magisk etc.)
    5. Reboot

If you wanna join the beta tester group, download yourself telegram and click on the chat link: Telegram Group

Support:
    If you like my work, feel free to hit thanks and/or give me a small donation by clicking the link right below. Thank you very much in any way! :D :good:

Credits/Thanks:
    - Samsung for sources
    - the great linus for his amazing kernel source
    - dorimanx
    - AndreiLux
    - halaskz
    - neobuddy83

XDA:DevDB Information
    IronStock for klimtxx, Kernel for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S

Contributors
    Tkkg1994
    Source Code: https://github.com/Tkkg1994/IronKernel/

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: V3.2
    Stable Release Date: 2017-01-03

Created 2017-01-03
    Last Updated 2017-07-14
    I too have an issue with WiFi. Every day after work I must retype password for my WiFi in home :/
    Than just change the line from true to false like I posted above

this kernel shows a boost in performance on the t700 compared to stock kernel....nice!
    Perfect thank you!

I have change securestorage.suport to false in build but no change I must inter Wi-Fi code ich reboot please help

Envoyé de mon SM-T705 en utilisant Tapatalk
    I'll do it automatically in next release you don't have to do it manually

Thanks for great work !

Testing.

Geekbench scores:

I checked my defconfig. Should be written T705 at least in kernel it is.

That score can differe from each time to time depending on temperature of soc and outside

The patch changes something in fstab and my fstabs are patched to work with f2fs that's probably why