Search This thread

Tkkg1994

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
Jun 10, 2014
Coding City
IronStock-Kernel for SM-T800/T805 models

07432817-photo-samsung-galaxy-tab-s-10-5-dazzling-white.jpg

Supports Touchwiz based on 6.0.1

The aim of this kernel is to be as stock as possible with improved performance and up to date linux version. I included this builds in all IronRom versions but most of you probably want to use it as standalone kernel. So here you go with the new kernel :)
By the way if you want to visit my rom: IronRom.

IF YOU FOLLOW MY STEPS BELOW, YOU WILL LOSE YOUR WARRANTY, KNOX WILL DISPLAY 0x1! I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGED DEVICE!

If you want to take my work and need it somewhere, or do other things with it, ask me first for the permission. Otherwise you are not allowed to take it! Thank you :)!

Features of this Kernel:
- Build with latest Toolchain 5.3
- Build with CPK2 kernel source!
- Latest Linux version 3.4.113, is always up to date
- Performance and Batterylife improved
- Choose between different CPU governors: performance, powersave, userspace, ondemand, interactiv (default), conservative
- Built with latest ramdisk sources from samsung (CPK2)
- I/O schedulers: CFQ (Default), No-op, Deadline
- Critical TCP bug fixed
- Allow ADB-Insecure
- TCP (Network) control: Bic (default), Reno, cubic, Westwood, Highspeed, Hybla, HTCP, Vegas, Veno, Scalable, LP, Yeah and Illinois
- SeLinux is set to permissive
- UKSM build in
- Init.d support
- Wakelock fixed (google problem)
- All samsung related configs disabled (as knox, tima, restrict rooting)

Download:
V3.2 on AndroidFilehost
All releases on AndroidFilehost

Bugs/Problems:
- None

Instructions:
1. Download kernel
2. Boot into recovery mode
3. Flash kernel
4. Flash any other file which affects ramdisk (such as supersu, xposed, magisk etc.)
5. Reboot

If you wanna join the beta tester group, download yourself telegram and click on the chat link: Telegram Group

Support:
If you like my work, feel free to hit thanks and/or give me a small donation by clicking the link right below. Thank you very much in any way! :D :good:

Credits/Thanks:
- Samsung for sources
- the great linus for his amazing kernel source
- dorimanx
- AndreiLux
- halaskz
- neobuddy83

XDA:DevDB Information
IronStock for chagallxx, Kernel for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S

Contributors
Tkkg1994
Source Code: https://github.com/Tkkg1994/IronKernel/

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
Current Stable Version: V3.2
Stable Release Date: 2017-01-03

Created 2017-01-03
Last Updated 2017-07-14

meduza

May 27, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
Samsung Galaxy S6

After rebooting the device the subscription to the Wi-Fi network get lost, means I have to reenter the password after every reboot. I don't know if it's the kernel like it is or because I changed the TCP congestion fromm cubic to highspeed. I don't have any experience with this feature. I could change back to cubic and check if the network subscription sticks... .
m.

Reactions: philldm

Tkkg1994

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
Jun 10, 2014
Coding City
After rebooting the device the subscription to the Wi-Fi network get lost, means I have to reenter the password after every reboot. I don't know if it's the kernel like it is or because I changed the TCP congestion fromm cubic to highspeed. I don't have any experience with this feature. I could change back to cubic and check if the network subscription sticks... .
m.
Change in your build.prop secure storage from true to false and it will work again

Sent from my SuperMan powered SM-G930F

eberhardweber

Jul 29, 2015
Kernel works great so far. No issues and performance feels good.

What's the best way to switch between SELinux permissive and enforcing on this kernel should one want to experiment with that? :) Some solutions don't seem to like KNOX but it should be disabled on the kernel, too, right? I'm still struggling to get Magisk Hide working so I'm feeling experimentative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    IronStock-Kernel for SM-T800/T805 models

07432817-photo-samsung-galaxy-tab-s-10-5-dazzling-white.jpg

Supports Touchwiz based on 6.0.1

The aim of this kernel is to be as stock as possible with improved performance and up to date linux version. I included this builds in all IronRom versions but most of you probably want to use it as standalone kernel. So here you go with the new kernel :)
    By the way if you want to visit my rom: IronRom.

IF YOU FOLLOW MY STEPS BELOW, YOU WILL LOSE YOUR WARRANTY, KNOX WILL DISPLAY 0x1! I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGED DEVICE!

If you want to take my work and need it somewhere, or do other things with it, ask me first for the permission. Otherwise you are not allowed to take it! Thank you :)!

Features of this Kernel:
    - Build with latest Toolchain 5.3
    - Build with CPK2 kernel source!
    - Latest Linux version 3.4.113, is always up to date
    - Performance and Batterylife improved
    - Choose between different CPU governors: performance, powersave, userspace, ondemand, interactiv (default), conservative
    - Built with latest ramdisk sources from samsung (CPK2)
    - I/O schedulers: CFQ (Default), No-op, Deadline
    - Critical TCP bug fixed
    - Allow ADB-Insecure
    - TCP (Network) control: Bic (default), Reno, cubic, Westwood, Highspeed, Hybla, HTCP, Vegas, Veno, Scalable, LP, Yeah and Illinois
    - SeLinux is set to permissive
    - UKSM build in
    - Init.d support
    - Wakelock fixed (google problem)
    - All samsung related configs disabled (as knox, tima, restrict rooting)

Download:
    V3.2 on AndroidFilehost
    All releases on AndroidFilehost

Bugs/Problems:
    - None

Instructions:
    1. Download kernel
    2. Boot into recovery mode
    3. Flash kernel
    4. Flash any other file which affects ramdisk (such as supersu, xposed, magisk etc.)
    5. Reboot

If you wanna join the beta tester group, download yourself telegram and click on the chat link: Telegram Group

Support:
    If you like my work, feel free to hit thanks and/or give me a small donation by clicking the link right below. Thank you very much in any way! :D :good:

Credits/Thanks:
    - Samsung for sources
    - the great linus for his amazing kernel source
    - dorimanx
    - AndreiLux
    - halaskz
    - neobuddy83

XDA:DevDB Information
    IronStock for chagallxx, Kernel for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S

Contributors
    Tkkg1994
    Source Code: https://github.com/Tkkg1994/IronKernel/

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: V3.2
    Stable Release Date: 2017-01-03

Created 2017-01-03
    Last Updated 2017-07-14
    m.
    Change in your build.prop secure storage from true to false and it will work again

Sent from my SuperMan powered SM-G930F
    Indeed, changed it this way: “ ro.securestorage.support=false “ and it sticks :) Thanks a lot!!
    m.
    Does your kernel support f2fs ?
    I haven't written it to OP but it should at least /data and /cache (untested)
    Anyway to flash back to Stock Kernel?
    Yeah just restore back boot.img backup, nothing else needed

m.