[EOL][KERNEL][TW 8.0.0][N950F/FD][OC][SYNAPSE] SmurfKernel 3.0.2

Search This thread

Leuter

Oct 20, 2016
Berlin
Maybe its not utilizing the full spectrum of gpu.

I'm quite sure about that! But a benchmark is the only objective way to get a comparison between our Notes and other smartphones (especially Iphones). That these test-results don't reflect the real and practical usage plays a secondary role for me.
I enjoyed our competition, because i learned to use and adjust this O.C.-Kernel better and i think, my Note has a much better performance now.
Thx to all who helped me with it!

Reactions: Maroc_Specops

Maroc_Specops

Jan 16, 2012
I miss the galaxy s2 times.

Overclocking etc was so fun. This new NM processes....tweakers 10 years ago were able to overclock anything.

Now people just debloat and say its custom kernel..

A shame.

Christopher Night

Feb 10, 2018
Fix

How i can fix this?
qcfoS
qcfoS

https://imgur.com/a/qcfoS

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

https://imgur.com/a/qcfoS

Last edited:
I miss the galaxy s2 times.

Overclocking etc was so fun. This new NM processes....tweakers 10 years ago were able to overclock anything.

Now people just debloat and say its custom kernel..

A shame.
Ah, oh :D

Say thx to Samsung for disguising everything. We have several good devs working on 8895 devices and well do you see any kernel having more additional options. I don't think so. And none of us got little cluster or gpu frequencies freed. Could be that you have to live with these feature set until and of lifetime of the Note 8.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N950F mit Tapatalk

Reactions: Maroc_Specops

Maroc_Specops

Jan 16, 2012
Ah, oh :D

Say thx to Samsung for disguising everything. We have several good devs working on 8895 devices and well do you see any kernel having more additional options. I don't think so. And none of us got little cluster or gpu frequencies freed. Could be that you have to live with these feature set until and of lifetime of the Note 8.

My goal was to tweak the performance to exynos 98 levelsz. And i failed.

miguelr4720

May 24, 2015
New York
Dual mod speakers and V4A is not enough

Some on needs to fix the problem with Dolby not working or I will never use Oreo never again this sucks Since Root started I always use Sound Mods on any Android Version this is the first time I ever see something like this problem happens on any Oreo Rom for Note 8 this sucks eventually some one. Could come up for a fix for this Having No Dolby Sucks Smh

shouren04

Feb 17, 2013
SoCal
Dual mod speakers and V4A is not enough

Some on needs to fix the problem with Dolby not working or I will never use Oreo never again this sucks Since Root started I always use Sound Mods on any Android Version this is the first time I ever see something like this problem happens on any Oreo Rom for Note 8 this sucks eventually some one. Could come up for a fix for this Having No Dolby Sucks Smh

Dude are you serious? stop spamming the forums with the same exact posts, first the TWRP thread, then the Weta thread, now this thread? Whining about it isn't going to change anything.

EDIT: Wow, six threads you have spammed with the same exact post. Will there be more & are there more?

Last edited:

miguelr4720

May 24, 2015
New York
Well am sorry but am right they have to fix this problem with Dolby this is Insane and if you don't like my comments just ingnore then but is the truth I will never upgrade to Oreo Rom until the fix this problem okay sorry for the inconveniences

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SmurfKernel
    6fd2929336.png

Features
    - Toolchain UBERTC 6.4.1 + GRAPHITE optimizations
    - OC CPU up to 2.81 GHz for Big Cluster
    - OC GPU up to 572 MHz
    - GPU UV/OV
    - Synapse support
    - Governors interactive, schedutil, impulse, zzmoove, impulse, blu_active, conservative, cultivation
    - IO Schedulers cfq, bfq, maple, zen, fiops, tripndroid, noop, deadline
    - Asynchronous + Dynamic Fsync 2.0

- Dynamic stune boost
    - Input Booster
    - Frandom
    - Optimzied LZ4 for SWAP
    - Power efficient workqueues
    - Boeffla wakelock control
    - Selinux is set to permissive
    - Supports Private Mode
    - F2fs on /data partition
    - Init.d support

Installation
    - Boot to TWRP
    - Flash Kernel
    - Flash your prefered ROOT or not ;)
    - Install a busybox and Synapse from PlayStore

Download
    Download MEGA SmurfKernel 3.0.2
    Changes:
    Blocked to many wakelocks by default, list cleaned.^
    Added more firmware (wifi) files to avoid wifi problems.
    Frandom problems fixed.
    Download MEGA optional frandom script
    Copy to /system/etc/init.de and set permissions to rwxrwxrwx. Reboot.

Credits/Thanks
    - @Tkkg1994 for his source as base and his help
    - Noxxxious for great ideas
    - farovitus for some ideas which features are nice
    - kairi_zeroblade and all other devs here for their great work for the community!
    - Samsung for sources
    - the great linus for his amazing kernel source
    - geiti94 for his patched camera binaries
    - Noxxxious and friedrich420 for Synapse templates

XDA:DevDB Information
    SmurfKernel SM-N950F, Kernel for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (2017 Phone)

Contributors
    Pappschlumpf
    Source: https://github.com/pappschlumpf/SmurfKernel-Oreo

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: V2.0.2
    Stable Release Date: 2018-01-16

Sorry community 3.0.2 is latest and stays latest. Switched to an OP6 and my time is limited.
    See you again on future Samsung devices maybe.
    Simply put, the best kernel I've used for N8. Battery time is outstanding. However, I've updated to CRE5 and as I've understood older kernels arent compatible (I haven't actually tried). Will you be updating the kernel to CRE5 base?
    Yes it works and yes, i'll update if i have time. Atm i'm working on a kernel for a Honor device and one for my new Oneplus 6. Afterwards on the N8 again.

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A6003 mit Tapatalk
    Oreo sources are out, update soon. No ETA you know!

This problem needs to be fix stop harrasing me okay and chill dude am just being honest about a problem with Dolby am just being honest about it chill okay
    Well, complain about your problem wherever you want, but not inside of my kernel thread, bye bye.