/* * Your warranty is... still valid? * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. * */
If you are using a OnePlus 3T, please go to this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/one...m-kernel-unofficial-cyanogenmod-13-0-t3517301
This is a unified CyanogenMod 13.0 ROM that works on both the OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T. It is based off of the stable CyanogenMod branch instead of the nightly branch, with the main goal being stability with an overall good user experience. This ROM comes with a highly-customized kernel, as well as some other very custom modifications.
Custom kernels are not compatible with this ROM. I will NOT provide support if you install a custom kernel.
Changelogs for each update can be found in the 2nd post of this thread.
- Based off latest CyanogenMod 13.0 stable (ZNH5Y) sources (root access is NOT included)
- OTA updates via built-in CMUpdater
- Fast fingerprint unlock
- Pocket mode for the fingerprint sensor (this is always enabled)
- Improved GPS speed and accuracy
- Custom camera app featuring:
-Photo quality comparable to OxygenOS
-Anti-shake mode (increases the shutter speed to reduce motion blur)
-Manual shutter speed control (1/5000th of a second up to 30 seconds)
-Manual ISO control
-EIS when recording video at resolutions lower than 4k UHD
-Video HDR mode
-Many other manual controls
- Many other misc. performance and stability improvements under the hood
- Rebuilt from the ground up using the latest Snapdragon 820 CAF base from Qualcomm (LA.HB.1.3.2)
- Removed lots of excessive bloat (improves security and performance)
- Improved stability (several bugs not listed here have been fixed)
- F2FS support
- DASH charge
- Passes SafetyNet bootloader unlock check
- Dynamic CPU input boost driver I wrote myself (makes the phone feel smooth without destroying battery life)
- Reduced display power consumption
- Touchscreen gestures are automatically disabled when the proximity sensor is covered
- Improved touchscreen processing latency
- Improved audio jack detection (no more weird buzzing noise and headphones are always detected on the first try)
- CPU underclocked by default (big cluster: 1824MHz LITTLE cluster: 1478MHz) (you can disable this; read the FAQ for more info)
- Custom thermal control driver I wrote myself (features 9 thermal throttle steps; keeps the phone cool)
- Westwood TCP congestion algorithm (enabled by default)
- No placebo patches, features, or compiler "optimizations"
- Many other misc. improvements not listed here
Kernel (cm-13.0-sultan branch): https://github.com/sultanxda/android_kernel_oneplus_msm8996
Local manifest (contains the rest of the sources): https://github.com/sultanxda/android/blob/master/oneplus3/cm-13.0-stable/local_manifest.xml
- CyanogenMod and its contributors
- CAF (aka Qualcomm)
- myfluxi (awesome friend with lots of amazing contributions)
- Open GApps
- glassfish777 for testing and helping me pass AP physics in high school
The people who first brought CM13.0 to the OnePlus 3:
- Steve Kondik
- If your name should be here and it isn't, then make me use an iPhone 4s running iOS 9
Installation instructions (for first-time installation):
First, perform a backup of your existing setup, and then perform a clean install (wipe /data and /system; TWRP is recommended). Next, try flashing the ROM and see if it installs; if it installs without any issues then congratulations! Now just flash a Google apps package, SuperSU if you want root access (ONLY v2.65 OR HIGHER), and then reboot.
If you get an error when trying to install the ROM ("You do not have the correct firmware installed!" error), then go to the Firmware link in the Downloads section and flash that zip file. Once you flash the firmware zip file, you can install the ROM.
Installation instructions (for updating to a newer release):
If you are already running my CM13.0 ROM, then you can update to a newer version of the ROM via the built-in OTA updater or by simply dirty-flashing the new ROM build without wiping anything. HOWEVER, do NOT reinstall Google Apps after installing a new update.
Firmware (one-time installation): https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=457095661767125310
Please read through the installation instructions before installing this for the first time.
Mirror 1: https://forum.xda-developers.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=24515
Mirror 2: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=135376&sort_by=date&sort_dir=DESC
Google Apps (required): Platform: "ARM64", Android: "6.0", Variant: "micro" or "nano" (I will not provide support if you install a different variant)
SuperSU (if you want root access): http://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/supersu/stable-2016-09-01supersu-v2-78-release-t3452703
Disable CPU underclock (optional): http://forum.xda-developers.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=19944
Unified CM13.0 with custom 3.18.20 kernel, ROM for the OnePlus 3
ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
Based On: CyanogenMod
Status: No Longer Updated
Last Updated 2018-01-20