[EOL][RECOVERY][Android 8 / 9][Stock/SODP][XZ2/c/p, XZ3] TWRP [UNofficial]

Search This thread

avaie

Nov 9, 2014
I would use the stock 10 and its twrp
I will later try (after exams) to make a stock/sodp independent twrp which then may work with earlier android versions as well (issue is the different dtbo partition which is different on different kernels and different android versions)

Maybe this bug report about backup and restore is interesting
https://github.com/TeamWin/Team-Win-Recovery-Project/issues/1542
I would anyway look in their bug tracker

Thanks for clarifying. I've been on this all day and no result. I will proceed to Stock 10 :(

Edit: I have Android 10 installed with TWRP/Magisk and it is the same situation. It does not restore from TWRP. It defaults to Fastboot and no operating system. It's not just the older Android versions.

Last edited:

avaie

Nov 9, 2014
Good luck I have tried over 20 times. Still nothing. No twrp no custom ROM. Also get no help in forum or anything.
TWRP works. You will have to install ADB and use ADB commands. It just does not restore from a backup. The same is on Android Q.

This is one of the simplest phones to root and twrp. With the LG's, I have to use a factory modem tool and bootloader scripts from open-markets with abl_1 and 2 edits and so on. About 35 to 45 minutes using a factory tool. That's to unlock without fastboot. This device is a few minutes. Install the ADB drivers and use the commands in the first page.

Edit: I just you wanted to install Custom ROM. I am not sure if there are extra procedures towards a Custom ROM. This thread is a companion thread to the bigger thread (over a hundred pages).

Here is the comprehensive thread - https://xdaforums.com/xperia-xz2/development/recovery-twrp-3-2-2-0-touch-recovery-t3821597

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2020
Good luck I have tried over 20 times. Still nothing. No twrp no custom ROM. Also get no help in forum or anything.

Been trying for ages now still no help in forums or PM. Absolutely no help at all makes this phone the worst I've had for forum help. I could get a far better response and resolution in the very very old HTC sensation forums. Sad really considering this devices possibilities.

Top Liked Posts