[EOL][RECOVERY]CarlivTouchRecovery v3.3 for port to MTK phones[EOL]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

bluefirebird

Mar 23, 2013
carliv.eu
DISCLAIMER:
Rooting your phone and using custom Recoveries and ROMS have risks and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers. In case of any mishap I am not responsible if you brick/ruin your phone in any way.
Basic computer skills are required and minimal knowledges about phones and phones utilities too.
Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.

It is a CWM based recovery and is compatible with any other CWM based recovery. It works with KITKAT kernels. In this version I used Napstar-xda's full touch module as base. The navigation it is posible by touching the menu item. In long display menu (as choose zip from sdcard) for scroll page down Swipe Right and for scroll page up Swipe Left. For Go Back also Swipe Left.
If the Swipe doesn't work (usually if your phone is multitouch but has only 2 points of touch), use bottom virtual navigation keys or volume buttons Down for Scroll down, Up for Scroll up, and the back button for Go Back.

Version 3.3 update (21-apr-2015):

This is the last batch of builds for porting. I won't do that anymore.
- many fixes in code;
- cleaned up the source code;
- reset battery stats option;
- wipe all - preflash option;
- removed nvram backup/restore because it can corrupt the bootloader;

All screenshots are made with my new tool from here.
For port follow my new guide from here.
In kitkat recovery, the lunfile isn't used anymore. Sdcards are voldmanaged, and it is used fstab version 2.
There are 15 images for 15 resolutions. Choose the one that match exactly your phone resolution. If your phone has the resolution 720x1280, then take an image with "720x1280" in name. There are few landscape versions for tablets with landscape format, so don't confuse "720x1280" with "1280x720". Always, and I mean always, in my files name, for resolution first is width and second height -> "width x height". So if you have a phone, which has the height bigger than the width in all the cases, don't take anymore "1280x720" instead of "720x1280", as I've seen many of you did lately. Here is how it looks a bad choice of resolution (a tablet one used for a phone):
iQaStvg.jpg

Also, here you can see some screenshots with font size on every screen resolution (may be slightly inaccurate because are made in emulator).

IMPORTANT:

These are compiled recoveries for porting purposes only. DON'T take any of them and flash it in your phone as it is. It won't work, they include a dummy kernel. You need to port it to your device as I show in my guide, to make it work. Use them only if you have a kitkat kernel for your phone

CREDITS:
- Napstar-xda - for touch module;
- Philz-cwm6 - for get partition size method;
- C3C0 - for initial mtk tweack hint - Unused now;
- Koush and all CWM team for the recovery;
- bgcngm for unpack/repack utils;
- sk8erwitskil for aromafm menu

RULES for posting your ports!
If you manage to port this to your device, add proper credits in your thread, post or article.
If you want that to be posted in a list with working devices, then post here a link to the thread or the post on xda (only on xda). Why not a free hosting link, like google drive, dev-host, mega-coz or other? Because if in the future you will port a new version, you have to replace it in that thread or post and the link from list remain the same.

ATTENTION:
There is a possibility that the touch feature to not work in all phones. It was tested in many phones, and in some of them it doesn't work. There isn't a switch, a toggle or other method to make it to work, it depends on your phone touchscreen capability from recovery. If this doesn't work in your phone, I'm sorry, it happens, and my advice is to try something else.

Few clarifications:
  • I provided all necessary infos to help you to port it to your devices.
  • It is ment to be ported to all MTK devices, but this doesn't mean it will work in all.
  • In some devices with a cheap screen display (usually those with anly one or two points of touch) there is a big chance to not work, or to work only partial.
  • The main purpose for this recovery was to keep it under 6Mb, to fit in that small recovery partition that was used in these MTK phones.
  • If your phone's kernel is bigger than 4.3Mb and the recovery size is 6Mb, don't botter to try it. It won't work, because it will exceede those 6Mb.

Last edited:

bluefirebird

Mar 23, 2013
carliv.eu
Tap on menu tile to access the listed function:
uc

uc

In long menu lists (as in select zip from sdcard), to go back, or to scroll up:
Code:
<<<<<<<<<<<  SWIPE TO LEFT ON SCREEN <<<<<<<<<<<
just under the last menu tile visible.

To scroll down:
Code:
>>>>>>>>>>>  SWIPE TO RIGHT ON SCREEN >>>>>>>>>>

If the swipe feature doesn't work, you can use volume buttons to navigate down or up, one by one, through menu tiles.

Other solution is to use bottom virtual keys:
uc

First is for Go Back, and it does just that (go back to precedent menu):
uc

Second is for navigate down through menu items, but if you reach the end of menu in long list menus, it will take you back to first position on top:
uc

Third is for navigate up through menu items, and if you are already at the top position it will bring you to the end of menu (in long list menus):
uc

And last position is for select menu - it does same thing as tap on menu tile - access that function:
uc

I did removed those virtual keys in previous releases, but because many phones can't get swipe to work, I integrated them back. The reason to remove was to reduce the size of recovery, but now I redesigned all images and shrinked so much that now all images, with virtual keys included, are smaller in size than the old release images without virtual keys.

Attachments

• scroll-01.png
    scroll-01.png
    49.1 KB · Views: 1,717
  • scroll-02.png
    scroll-02.png
    47.4 KB · Views: 1,685
  • scroll-03.png
    scroll-03.png
    54.4 KB · Views: 1,666
Last edited:

bluefirebird

Mar 23, 2013
carliv.eu
hi my recovery size is 6Mb stock ,my device mtk6589 star N9500, test recovery file 1280x720 not work have idea?

unpack this is recovery https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95851939534733629
in to rmdisk is fstab.mt6582

Please do not quite understand the English language
help me thanks
thank you
Actually I think this one is: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95851939534733625
But if you flash it as it is in your phone clearly won't work. That is only for porting, the kernel is not a real one, is just a bunch of blank bytes. I even put this message in that dummy kernel too:
gEDwX3t.jpg

So, you have to port it to your device first (follow my guide) and then it will work. One other thing is if your new kitkat kernel is bigger than 4 Mb, it won't work again because the recovery will exceede the 6 Mb size of partition.
Cheers!

PS: I'm sorry I don't know Italian. I'm doing my best here in English even if it's not my language too.

Last edited:
Reactions: codelover

lopestom

Nov 7, 2012
Archland - Narnia
mewe.com
Update done!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=57506400

[ROM][ROOT][CWMv6CTRv3.0\TWRPv2.8.0.0][MT6589T-16GB - KK 4.4.2] BLU Life Play X L102

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=57506762

[ROM][ROOT][CWMv6CTRv3.0/TWRPv2.8.0.0][MT6589 - 4GB - KK 4.4.2] BLU Life Play L100

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2970004

[GUIDE] How to port custom CWM-based (Carliv Touch) recovery to other MTK phones

Sent from my LIFE PLAY X KK using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: bluefirebird

binded2

Feb 1, 2011
Update done!

[ROM][ROOT][CWMv6CTRv3.0\TWRPv2.8.0.0][MT6589T-16GB - KK 4.4.2] BLU Life Play X L102

[ROM][ROOT][CWMv6CTRv3.0/TWRPv2.8.0.0][MT6589 - 4GB - KK 4.4.2] BLU Life Play L100

[GUIDE] How to port custom CWM-based (Carliv Touch) recovery to other MTK phones

do you think that you could port for the life play 2 "l170a'

lopestom

Nov 7, 2012
Archland - Narnia
mewe.com
do you think that you could port for the life play 2 "l170a'

I did some testing files (No v3.0). But this is V14 the kernel has the size of 4.8MB. It would be better if the kernel had a size of 3.4MB or maximum 4.2Mb.
I'll leave the files to an experienced user and if all is well, the file will be free to all users BLP2_L170.

binded2

Feb 1, 2011
Update done!

I did some testing files (No v3.0). But this is V14 the kernel has the size of 4.8MB. It would be better if the kernel had a size of 3.4MB or maximum 4.2Mb.
I'll leave the files to an experienced user and if all is well, the file will be free to all users BLP2_L170.

thanks let me know

bluefirebird

Mar 23, 2013
carliv.eu
I can not do

difficult for me to understand

sorry

thank you mater carliv and all

If you want, I'll try to port it for you these days, but I need your stock boot.img, stock recovery img and the dumchar_info file (get it with adb from your phone, and if you don't know how ask one of your friend from Italian forums to tell you - I have that written in my guide but since you can't understand...).
Cheers!

Reactions: lopestom and keemi

napo7

Jan 14, 2009
Hi

You should modify the "delete from sdcard0" : it is a bit too long, and it's truncated : you can't see if the buttons refer to sdcard0 or sdcard1.

Perhaps "del from sdcard0" or "delete from sd0" would be better ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DISCLAIMER:
    Rooting your phone and using custom Recoveries and ROMS have risks and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers. In case of any mishap I am not responsible if you brick/ruin your phone in any way.
    Basic computer skills are required and minimal knowledges about phones and phones utilities too.
    Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.

It is a CWM based recovery and is compatible with any other CWM based recovery. It works with KITKAT kernels. In this version I used Napstar-xda's full touch module as base. The navigation it is posible by touching the menu item. In long display menu (as choose zip from sdcard) for scroll page down Swipe Right and for scroll page up Swipe Left. For Go Back also Swipe Left.
    If the Swipe doesn't work (usually if your phone is multitouch but has only 2 points of touch), use bottom virtual navigation keys or volume buttons Down for Scroll down, Up for Scroll up, and the back button for Go Back.

- many fixes in code;

All screenshots are made with my new tool from here.
    For port follow my new guide from here.
    In kitkat recovery, the lunfile isn't used anymore. Sdcards are voldmanaged, and it is used fstab version 2.
    There are 15 images for 15 resolutions. Choose the one that match exactly your phone resolution. If your phone has the resolution 720x1280, then take an image with "720x1280" in name. There are few landscape versions for tablets with landscape format, so don't confuse "720x1280" with "1280x720". Always, and I mean always, in my files name, for resolution first is width and second height -> "width x height". So if you have a phone, which has the height bigger than the width in all the cases, don't take anymore "1280x720" instead of "720x1280", as I've seen many of you did lately. Here is how it looks a bad choice of resolution (a tablet one used for a phone):
    iQaStvg.jpg

Also, here you can see some screenshots with font size on every screen resolution (may be slightly inaccurate because are made in emulator).

IMPORTANT:

These are compiled recoveries for porting purposes only. DON'T take any of them and flash it in your phone as it is. It won't work, they include a dummy kernel. You need to port it to your device as I show in my guide, to make it work. Use them only if you have a kitkat kernel for your phone

CREDITS:
    - Napstar-xda - for touch module;
    - Philz-cwm6 - for get partition size method;
    - C3C0 - for initial mtk tweack hint - Unused now;
    - Koush and all CWM team for the recovery;
    - bgcngm for unpack/repack utils;
    - sk8erwitskil for aromafm menu

RULES for posting your ports!
    If you manage to port this to your device, add proper credits in your thread, post or article.
    If you want that to be posted in a list with working devices, then post here a link to the thread or the post on xda (only on xda). Why not a free hosting link, like google drive, dev-host, mega-coz or other? Because if in the future you will port a new version, you have to replace it in that thread or post and the link from list remain the same.

ATTENTION:
    There is a possibility that the touch feature to not work in all phones. It was tested in many phones, and in some of them it doesn't work. There isn't a switch, a toggle or other method to make it to work, it depends on your phone touchscreen capability from recovery. If this doesn't work in your phone, I'm sorry, it happens, and my advice is to try something else.

Few clarifications:
    • I provided all necessary infos to help you to port it to your devices.
    • It is ment to be ported to all MTK devices, but this doesn't mean it will work in all.
    • In some devices with a cheap screen display (usually those with anly one or two points of touch) there is a big chance to not work, or to work only partial.
    • The main purpose for this recovery was to keep it under 6Mb, to fit in that small recovery partition that was used in these MTK phones.
    • If your phone's kernel is bigger than 4.3Mb and the recovery size is 6Mb, don't botter to try it. It won't work, because it will exceede those 6Mb.
    Tap on menu tile to access the listed function:
    uc

uc

In long menu lists (as in select zip from sdcard), to go back, or to scroll up:
    Code:
    <<<<<<<<<<<  SWIPE TO LEFT ON SCREEN <<<<<<<<<<<
    just under the last menu tile visible.

To scroll down:
    Code:
    >>>>>>>>>>>  SWIPE TO RIGHT ON SCREEN >>>>>>>>>>

If the swipe feature doesn't work, you can use volume buttons to navigate down or up, one by one, through menu tiles.

Other solution is to use bottom virtual keys:
    uc

First is for Go Back, and it does just that (go back to precedent menu):
    uc

Second is for navigate down through menu items, but if you reach the end of menu in long list menus, it will take you back to first position on top:
    uc

Third is for navigate up through menu items, and if you are already at the top position it will bring you to the end of menu (in long list menus):
    uc

And last position is for select menu - it does same thing as tap on menu tile - access that function:
    uc

I did removed those virtual keys in previous releases, but because many phones can't get swipe to work, I integrated them back. The reason to remove was to reduce the size of recovery, but now I redesigned all images and shrinked so much that now all images, with virtual keys included, are smaller in size than the old release images without virtual keys.
    I hope your new CWM*T will be as goog as CTR was. ;)

I think it's even better:
    - touch;
    - Multizip flash from sdcard (select how many zips you want and they will be flashed one by one) – credits to PhilZ @ xda-developers;
    - Toggle vibrate on touch;
    - Display battery state, and charging in recovery mode;
    - Separate Wipe Menu:
    • Wipe Data – Factory reset
    • Wipe Cache
    • Wipe Dalvik-cache
    • Wipe All – including System – for preparing to flash a new ROM or to restore a clean backup
    - A new menu for advanced backup and restore, with separate menus for advanced backup and advanced restore;
    - USB Mass Storage mounting both sdcards (internal and external to PC);
    - Working partition Sdcard in advanced menu;
    - Use the fstab version 1 which is much easier to configure and you can define lun files paths in it;
    - A Carliv menu with few extra menus:
    • Aroma File Manager access menu
    • Toggle Rainbow Mode for GUI
    • Reset battery stats (wipe)
    • Special MTK partitions menu: with backup and restore for uboot, logo, nvram and secro
    * A fully working IMEI fix by restoring nvram and secro in special mtk menu: the nvram backup will do the /data/nvram folder as well; in order to be able to restore the IMEI and communications with this, you have to make first a backup with phone in good state, then whenever you need, restore secro and nvram and that’s it, the IMEI is restored (no other steps needed);
    - Separate power menu (like in CTR):
    • Reboot Recovery
    • Reboot to download
    • Power Off
    - Disable flash stock recovery on boot after stock ROM update or install (working);
    - Root the phone if it’s not rooted, with Chainfire Supersu binary.
    - It will have a new GUI design (working on it).
    Update (last).

- many fixes in code;
    -full track of changes here.

Check the OP.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android