[EOL][ROM][11.0][OFFICIAL] crDroid Android v7.19 [hammerhead]

Search This thread

matusala

Oct 19, 2014
Sad News.
Well, what I feared has happened.
My OnePlus 3T and Nexus 5 have expired.
I fixed my OnePlus 3T screen a few months ago but it was janky as best as I couldn't find a good quality display to replace it with. I'm now experiencing ghost touches that are rendering my device unusable, and I can't find a suitable replacement for it, nor do I feel like doing it as I will be spending more money than the phone's worth.
With Nexus 5 it's the power button issue. It was giving me issues since a few months but I would go by cleaning it with an alcohol dipped Q-Tip. Now it's not responding or fixing itself and I can't find a good fix for it as the phone is that old and there is a lack of replacement motherboards I can use for spare parts.

I'll be giving my phone's away to a recycling center in a few days.

I apologize for not supporting my phones for longer as I promised.
I suppose my maintainership for all these devices is EOL.
Oh this is very sad news for me. I wanted to get back to nexus 5 and bought it on ebay in VERY GOOD condition and it came just like new. Even had original stickers on camera and display. I was shocked when i saw that it also ran android 4.4 it was the original firmware nexus 5 came with. It seems this phone is unused. I got super lucky, so lucky and excited that i decided to go back to using nexus 5 as my main phone!

I have other nexus 5 with power button problem and does not has glass on it. Tried to remove cracked glass to replace it myself and now display has dot on it after i tried to remove old cracked glass with too much heat :D. But other then this it works just fine. Everything is visible on display just a little dot, picture is visible in the dot too, it just looks like dot with extra brightness. Touchscreen also works even without glass. As you know digitizer is embedded in displays on nexus 5 and not in the glass like nexus 4. I can fix power button and buy new glass and install it and send you (if it won't be too expencive for me) assembled running your rom with pico gapps just like you suggest :) re-partitioned and with latest moded TWRP, just so you can continue to support this device. I had nexus 5 when it came out and nexus 4 too, but i love nexus 5 and your rom and OTA updates on a phone from 2013 is JUST SUPER AMAZING! You breath new life to these phones.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Last edited:

hhrokarvi

Recognized Developer
May 31, 2014
New York
Google Nexus 5
AT&T LG G2
Oh this is very sad news for me. I wanted to get back to nexus 5 and bought it on ebay in VERY GOOD condition and it came just like new. Even had original stickers on camera and display. I was shocked when i saw that it also ran android 4.4 it was the original firmware nexus 5 came with. It seems this phone is unused. I got super lucky, so lucky and excited that i decided to go back to using nexus 5 as my main phone!

I have other nexus 5 with power button problem and does not has glass on it. Tried to remove cracked glass to replace it myself and now display has dot on it after i tried to remove old cracked glass with too much heat :D. But other then this it works just fine. Everything is visible on display just a little dot, picture is visible in the dot too, it just looks like dot with extra brightness. Touchscreen also works even without glass. As you know digitizer is embedded in displays on nexus 5 and not in the glass like nexus 4. I can fix power button and buy new glass and install it and send you (if it won't be too expencive for me) assembled running your rom with pico gapps just like you suggest :) re-partitioned and with latest moded TWRP, just so you can continue to support this device. I had nexus 5 when it came out and nexus 4 too, but i love nexus 5 and your rom and OTA updates on a phone from 2013 is JUST SUPER AMAZING! You breath new life to these phones.

Hope to hear from you soon!
Hey.

Thanks for your kind words. I've recycled my devices a few weeks ago so I don't have them anymore.
As you read in my message, I was heartbroken as well, I don't like wasting my devices and I honestly made these ROMs for them as a hobby and just shared them with you all here, but all good things come to end don't they?

I am humbled that you wanted to help me fix my phones for me to continue development, I am truly humbled.

Regards.

matusala

Oct 19, 2014
Hey.

Thanks for your kind words. I've recycled my devices a few weeks ago so I don't have them anymore.
As you read in my message, I was heartbroken as well, I don't like wasting my devices and I honestly made these ROMs for them as a hobby and just shared them with you all here, but all good things come to end don't they?

I am humbled that you wanted to help me fix my phones for me to continue development, I am truly humbled.

Regards.
I did not want you to fix your phone ;) i suggested you that i will fix mine and send it to you. If you consider continueing working on nexus 5.
You are right all things come to an end. If you do not have time of course it's understandable, but if not having nexus 5 is the only reason for you to stop working on this rom i can send you mine for you to have nexus 5 to continue working on it.

Last edited:

Waz999

Aug 25, 2022
@hhrokarvi So I'm trying to install this ROM on a Nexus 5. I've installed a repartitioned TWRP (as advised at the start of this thread because of low System partition space issues) but when I start the rom installation, I get an ERROR 255 message. I Googled it and this is apparently because I'm trying to install a 64 bit ROM with a 32 bit TWRP. Is there a 32 bit version of this ROM that I can use instead? I've seen the different variants on the download page, but not sure which one to use.

TMHAKIM

@hhrokarvi So I'm trying to install this ROM on a Nexus 5. I've installed a repartitioned TWRP (as advised at the start of this thread because of low System partition space issues) but when I start the rom installation, I get an ERROR 255 message. I Googled it and this is apparently because I'm trying to install a 64 bit ROM with a 32 bit TWRP. Is there a 32 bit version of this ROM that I can use instead? I've seen the different variants on the download page, but not sure which one to use.
The CPU in the Nexus 5 is 32-bit so even the ROM is 32-bit and the TWRP is also 32-bit so i am not sure what ur talking about

Waz999

Aug 25, 2022
But technically you dont install a "repartitioned twrp" but install one, that allows you to run commands, that enable you to repartition using custom commands ran in the recovery terminal...
This is literally what I copied from the instructions of the original post:

You need to install repartition'ed TWRP below. Don't blame me if anything goes wrong.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks again for your work, the Nexus 5 is my daily from today until it's death, and I'm glad it could get one last update from a dedicated community member.
    You dont have to install the "repartition-recovery" you actually have to read the instructions and run commands in there to change the partition sizes.
    I did read the instructions. The repartitioned TWRP is needed for the lack of space in the system partition.
    Yea, this is what the twrp thread says...

- Flash the HH.R version of TWRP and launch it
    - Open terminal (TWRP -> Advanced -> Terminal)
    - Type hh_repart -m
    - Wait until your phone reboots
    - Install your rom
    Ah thank you. I must have missed that one. I'll give that a go. Thanks!

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today. We're mainly based on LineageOS so use custom kernels compatible with them!

BE3pE0l.png

Features
    Click for feature list

Always Have a full functional Backup. Just in case!

TWRP Recovery:

TWRP Thread

ROM DOWNLOAD:
    crDroid Website
    DOWNLOAD LATEST OFFICIAL BUILD (Android 11)
    DOWNLOAD LATEST OFFICIAL BUILD (Android 10)
    DOWNLOAD LATEST OFFICIAL BUILD (Android 9 PIE)

DOWNLOAD GAPPS (PICO Version)

First time installing crDroid to your Nexus 5, or coming from another ROM:

** Make sure you're running the latest TWRP Recovery (UA or HH Version)
    1) Copy crDroid zip, gapps zip to your device
    2) Boot into Recovery
    3) Wipe cache, system, & data (or just cache & system for a dirty flash).
    4) Flash ROM
    5) Flash gapps
    6) Boot up

For root, AFTER you boot into the ROM, you can go back to recovery and install Magisk 21.x (whatever is most recent).

Upgrading from earlier version of crDroid:
    The only difference between clean flash as above and upgrading is you just wipe system & cache, leaving data. Everything else is the same. ***Remember to always clean flash before reporting problems. Clean flashing is always the best method of ROM install.

KNOWN ISSUES (Android 11)
    Slow Boot Animation
    Screen mirroring via slimport HDMI adapter doesn't work.
    PMF aka 802.11w doesn't work.
    Wi-Fi display doesn't work
    SELinux permissive

Don't expect any support if you:
    - are not running the included kernel
    - have installed any mods such as Xposed!
    - have modified system files

Thanks to:

- Google
    - LineageOS
    - SlimRoms
    - AOSPA (Paranoid Android)
    - OmniRom
    - NamelessROM
    - Many others... (if you're feeling upset being out of the thanks list just send a PM )

Sources
    Device Sources: https://github.com/frazerecho/android_device_lge_hammerhead
    Kernel Sources: https://github.com/frazerecho/android_kernel_lge_hammerhead
    Vendor Source: https://github.com/z3dd3r/android_vendor_lge

Contributors:
    @z3DD3r
    @Elektroschmock
    @amaces
    @EnesSastim
    Yu Xutian (esa-n on GitHub)
    @Sashko98

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][10.0][OFFICIAL] crDroid Android v6.12 [hammerhead], ROM for the Google Nexus 5

Contributors
    hhrokarvi
    Source Code: https://github.com/crdroidandroid

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: System Partitioned TWRP, Latest Official Bootloader & Radio
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: v6.13
    Stable Release Date: 2020-12-17
    Current Beta Version: v7.4
    Beta Release Date: 2020-03-07

Created 2019-05-19
    Last Updated 2020-11-10
    For everyone concerned...

With custom ROM's heading towards Q (Android 10) it will take time to figure out all the issues, I will be providing updates for this device until crDroid Android stops development on Pie and moves on towards Android 10.

With news that daily LineageOS builds provided by @z3DD3r will be stopping soon, I will provide updates on the same timeline I normally do, so don't worry. Nexus 5 has 1-2 more updates on Pie at least before crDroid moves on towards Android 10.

Thanks for using crDroid and all the well wishes I get from all of you.

Regards,
    Frazer.
    crDroid Update:

crDroidAndroid-9.0-20191113-hammerhead-v5.10

Changelog

Short Changelog:
    - November Security Patches
    - Updated ROM version to 5.10
    - Various updates to base
    - Updates to Network Traffic code
    - Some other fixes here and there
    - Updated translations

Note
    This is going to be the FINAL build of Pie for Nexus 5.

I'll be taking a month or so break to focus on my post-graduate studies as well as taking some time off to recuperate. I'll be back soon with fresh builds of Android 10 for Nexus 5, so don't worry about me dropping support. Huge shoutout and thanks to @EnesSastim and @z3DD3r for keeping Nexus 5 alive all this time.
    crDroid Update:

crDroidAndroid-9.0-20191014-hammerhead-v5.8

Changelog

Short Changelog:
    - October Security Patches
    - Updated kernel compiler to Clang 9.0.8
    - Updated crDroid Home (launcher)
    - Some other fixes here and there
    - Updated translations

Note
    This is going to be one of the final builds of Pie for Nexus 5, depending on how the bring-up of Android 10 goes on in the coming weeks for the device as well as the overall stability and feature parity of crDroid Android 6 (based on Android 10).
    crDroid Update:

crDroidAndroid-10.0-20200808-hammerhead-v6.9.zip

Changelog

Short Changelog:
    - August Security Patches
    - Initial crDroid 6.9 code [NICE ;)]

- Fixed issue with status bar clock getting stuck for some users
    - Fixed partial screenshot issue with screenshot sound disabled
    - Added Pulse visualizer for lockscreen and navbar (crDroid > Sound)
    - Added Tux clock
    - Added new Oswald font
    - Reworked volume dialog extension
    - Improved network traffic indicators
    - Further ARM optimizations for better performance
    - Improved color picker preferences for crDroid settings
    - Some more fixes here and there
    - Updated translations

Notes
    - Nano GApps or smaller from this build onward due to increase by Face Unlock code & application.
    - As I've said previously, This ROM now requires repartiton of System, no matter if you use GApps or not.
    Link for the Thread & TWRP in Post #2

- Some Google stuff i.e. Assistant is causing some weird issues ("internet connection issues" even when connected), which is an issue with Google as its also affecting Samsung, OnePlus phones. Nothing I can do about it.
    - Join the Telegram Group for support, queries and banter. Link Here

Stay Safe Everyone!
    :eek: