[EOL][ROM] [11] Project Sakura 4.R [OFFICIAL] | Android 11

Haridhayal

Mar 30, 2018
Colombo
Support for this device has been dropped. You won' t receive updates.

Project Sakura is a custom ROM based on Lineage OS, It tries to remain true to it while also providing some more functionality and UI changes. Its sole purpose is to provide a platform which is powered by Lineage and is more customisable than Lineage.

Code:
[/SIZE][/CENTER][/SIZE][/CENTER][/SIZE][/CENTER][/SIZE][/CENTER][/SIZE][/CENTER][/SIZE][/CENTER]
[SIZE=4][CENTER][SIZE=4][CENTER][SIZE=4][CENTER][SIZE=4][CENTER][SIZE=4][CENTER][SIZE=4][CENTER]* Your warranty is now void.
* We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone by installing any custom ROMs and/or kernels. 
* You do it at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself and you are not to blame us or XDA and its respected developers.

"This is a user friendly thread, all your suggestions are important to us and will be taken into consideration."

CLEAN FLASH( if coming from any other ROM or from Sakura Android 10) :
Download the Build you want to flash,
- Download the ROM from website.
- Reboot to recovery ( Install TWRP from here )
- Take Backup (Not Necessary)
- Wipe System, Data, Cache , Dalvik
- Flash the latest build
- Flash Gapps (optional)
- Reboot

DIRTYFLASH( if updating from Sakura Android 11) :
1) via OTA (read more here)
2) Manual Method
- Download the Build you want to flash,
- Reboot to recovery ( Install TWRP from here )
- Flash the latest build.
- Reboot

DOWNLOAD
Changelog/Bug List

-Lineage OS
-AOSP
-Superior OS
-AOSiP
-DerpFest

-Pixel Experience
-Extended UI
-Havoc OS
-CrDroid ROM

Donate to ROM Maintainer
Paypal

Donate to ROM Developer
[/SIZE]

Project Sakura Source

Support for this device has been dropped. You won' t receive updates.

Thanks to
@SamarV-121 - Device bring up

Device: Samsung Galaxy A40
Maintainer:
Haridhayal
Build Type: Official

Kernel Source: universal7904

ROM OS Version: 11.0

XDA:DevDB Information
Project Sakura 3.R for a40, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy A40

Contributors
Haridhayal
ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Must be on OneUI 2.0
Based On: Lineage OS 18.1

Version Information
Stable

Created 2020-11-22
Last Updated 2020-11-30

Last edited:

Poolam

Jun 1, 2017
gilan

Project Sakura is a custom ROM based on Lineage OS, It tries to remain true to it while also providing some more functionality and UI changes. Its sole purpose is to provide a platform which is powered by Lineage and is more customisable than Lineage.

Code:
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone by installing any custom ROMs and/or kernels. 
 * You do it at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself and you are not to blame us or XDA and its respected developers.
"This is a user friendly thread, all your suggestions are important to us and will be taken into consideration."

CLEAN FLASH :
Download the Build you want to flash,
- Reboot to recovery ( Install TWRP )
- Take Backup (Not Necessary)
- Wipe System, Data, Cache , Dalvik
- Flash the latest build
- Flash Gapps (optional)
- Reboot

DOWNLOAD

-Lineage OS
-AOSP
-Superior OS
-AOSiP
-DerpFest
-Pixel Experience
-Extended UI
-Havoc OS
-CrDroid ROM

Donate to ROM Maintainer
Paypal

Donate to ROM Developer
[/SIZE]

Project Sakura Source

Telegram Group

REPORTING BUGS!
As soon as the problem occurs, take a logcat!
for more READ THIS

Thanks to
@SamarV-121 - Device bring up

Device: Samsung Galaxy A40
Maintainer:
Haridhayal
Build Type: Official

Kernel Source: universal7904

ROM OS Version: 11.0

XDA:DevDB Information
Project Sakura 3.R for a40, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy A40

Contributors
Haridhayal
ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Must be on OneUI 2.0
Based On: Lineage OS 18.0

Version Information

Created 2020-11-22
Last Updated 2020-11-22
Does it have an Ambient Display?

Reactions: Elmarigo

Marcia8246

Jul 14, 2019
Italy
Try to install... But still on "wrong vendor, need android 10 vendor" I'm on resurrection remix 7 pie GSI... How I can install this Rom? Please help me!

pyvarex

Dec 26, 2020
Hi guys,
I Flashed this ROM but i'm in stuck in a loop. Device boot, Project Sakura flashing logo, device reboot.

Flashed with TWRP. Wiped my System, Data, Cache and Dalvik.
Any tips?

eacx

Dec 27, 2020
Why is encryption not enabled? The system reboots but it does not start encrypting.
I charged the phone up to 100%. Always same issue. Manual command results in the same eg. via; Enter a root shell with adb root followed by adb shell and finally
vdc cryptfs enablecrypto wipe password 48656C6C6F
That command results in the phone rebooting. Without enryption, there is no point in installing this image. I changed also the name of one of the files; Disable_Dm-Verity_enfec_11.02.2020
What follows?
Without encryption this project will just die.

Reactions: supremejustice

Elmarigo

Jun 13, 2014
Great there's finally an official custom ROM. All GSIs I tried where terrible, so all my hope goes into Sakura! :)
I hope it will come to a stable final release.

eacx

Dec 27, 2020
The file is not needed "Disable_Dm-Verity_enfec_11.02.2020.zip".
Sakura can be installed without it. In fact, without using it, the system claims that encryption remains in place. But that is not true. While the security settings claim that security is active, a simple plugin via USB lets anybody get access to the files. This is a serious letdown. The files are there in plain sight with a simple USB Cable. Really. This is a serious problem.

Reactions: supremejustice
Nov 3, 2020
Sakura can be installed without it. In fact, without using it, the system claims that encryption remains in place. But that is not true. While the security settings claim that security is active, a simple plugin via USB lets anybody get access to the files. This is a serious letdown. The files are there in plain sight with a simple USB Cable. Really. This is a serious problem.
holy **** good to know.

Nov 3, 2020
As far I know, not all files are encrypted with File-Based Encryption tho. So maybe only the necessary ones are encrypted? How about trying accessing your contact data, your whatsapp data or sms ? and then we will get the confirmation that FBE is not working.

eacx

Dec 27, 2020
As far I know, not all files are encrypted with File-Based Encryption tho. So maybe only the necessary ones are encrypted? How about trying accessing your contact data, your whatsapp data or sms ? and then we will get the confirmation that FBE is not working.
If not all files are encrypted, this project is useless. Pictures taken are not encrypted either. While, I set a password to unlock the screen, somehow I can just boot the phone in TWRP and all my files are there in plaintext. ALL. Nothing is encrypted.
I just reinstalled the ROM from Samsung. The encryption is working again. None of the files saved with the Samsung ROM for the A40 are in plain text.

Nov 3, 2020
If not all files are encrypted, this project is useless. Pictures taken are not encrypted either. While, I set a password to unlock the screen, somehow I can just boot the phone in TWRP and all my files are there in plaintext. ALL. Nothing is encrypted.
I just reinstalled the ROM from Samsung. The encryption is working again. None of the files saved with the Samsung ROM for the A40 are in plain text.
Oh. I am not surprised tho. The rom's developers expressly said that they couldn't care less when I reported this problem a while ago. "just don't keep sensitive data on your phone" I've been told.

jediafr

Sep 14, 2018
Hi guys,
I Flashed this ROM but i'm in stuck in a loop. Device boot, Project Sakura flashing logo, device reboot.

Flashed with TWRP. Wiped my System, Data, Cache and Dalvik.
Any tips?
Surely it is too late but i had the same problem until i followed the instructions :
Wipe System, Data, Cache , Dalvik
- Flash the latest build (and it worked)