• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[EOL][ROM] [11] Project Sakura 5.1 [OFFICIAL] | VANILLA

Search This thread

ChapagainAB

Jul 19, 2021
i have installed the 5.1 android 11 version on my m20, the zip shows successfully completed but when i reboot to system it does boot into bootloader after few seconds of samsung logo . i tried with 4 different version of twrp and fox recovery, which on twrp it does succeed with no error but where on fox recovery it game error of "unable to locate boot drive". and i have tried all of the project sakura versions available on sourceforge but not any rom booted up. and also i tried to install harirom too which got succeeded . can anyone help me, i want to install project sakura 5.1.

DaHype007

Nov 12, 2015
Thanks for Sakura 5.2, now Bluetooth Calls works fine.

The only problem i have, sometimes the touch no reaction or sometimes also
the picture jumps and the smartphone becomes independent and it makes entries or actions! This can be remedied with the power button display off and on again. Even if the touch does not respond.

Of course, Clean Install was done as written. Problems occur several times a day. Otherwise very good Rome!

kajoken

Feb 17, 2014
Germany
Samsung Galaxy M20
Thanks for Sakura 5.2, now Bluetooth Calls works fine.

The only problem i have, sometimes the touch no reaction or sometimes also
the picture jumps and the smartphone becomes independent and it makes entries or actions! This can be remedied with the power button display off and on again. Even if the touch does not respond.

Of course, Clean Install was done as written. Problems occur several times a day. Otherwise very good Rome!
I can confirm this as I have exactly the same thing happening to me. Before I used Sakura 5.1 and everything was working fine.. Just did a clean install of Sakura 5.2 and noticed several things.

First, NFC does not work at all anymore. That worked fine with 5.1. The NFC Option is completely empty.

Second, I also have the touch randomly stop working or making random actions. As DaHype said you can fix this by using the power key but it's coming back all the time and gets really annoying. I hope you can fix this soon.

Thank you
~Kajo

Reactions: DaHype007

ChapagainAB

Jul 19, 2021
why my phone does not responding with version 5.2 to any security systems, none of the security lock works, whenever i try to add fingerprint or pin or password or faceid, the settings app crashes

DaHype007

Nov 12, 2015
It is very sad that we dont get an reply from @Haridhayal :-(.
I also tried to wrote him Private Message, no response.

I´ts an Problem auf Sakura 5.2 Rom not an User Problem.

I flashed the Rom also for testing on the M20 Device of my girlfriend. Same Touch Problems and other little bugs as bellow mention from User kajoken. Also when Plugin for Charge not shown, and accu Icon shown no flash when charge, i found out. But this Bugs are for me little...

But the Important thing is the Touch Problem!

touch randomly stop working or making random actions

So Rom is not useable. And very sad now with the Device :-(
I hope each day that it will be fixec, but nothing.

So please let us know! IS IT POSSIBLE TO FIX???
Or should we avoid Sakura Roms in Future?

Last edited:

Haridhayal

It is very sad that we dont get an reply from @Haridhayal :-(.
I also tried to wrote him Private Message, no response.

I´ts an Problem auf Sakura 5.2 Rom not an User Problem.

I flashed the Rom also for testing on the M20 Device of my girlfriend. Same Touch Problems and other little bugs as bellow mention from User kajoken. Also when Plugin for Charge not shown, and accu Icon shown no flash when charge, i found out. But this Bugs are for me little...

But the Important thing is the Touch Problem!

touch randomly stop working or making random actions

So Rom is not useable. And very sad now with the Device :-(
I hope each day that it will be fixec, but nothing.

So please let us know! IS IT POSSIBLE TO FIX???

These bugs are due to OSS vendor. I will try to fix these in my free time and Just spamming the thread with "something is not working" will not help me. If you cant provide logs don't expect me to fix bugs. I don't do this full time so be patient.

For this question, It is your decision to use or avoid a ROM. Not mine.

DaHype007

Nov 12, 2015
@

Haridhayal

Please don't get me wrong, I'm not spamming here. I really appreciate your work and have supported Sakura before. I'm just wondering why a ROM is being released when there are bugs as serious as the touch problem and random actions. That's what I don't understand, I thought that the Rom would at least be tested before it was released. That immediately falls on the problem!

I hope that you can fix the bugs in your free time with the Vendor OS. Thank you very much for your effort!

I provided you an catlog File in PM. Hope it will Help.

Last edited:

Mr.Rocket

Aug 12, 2021
Hello
I've downloaded and flashed Project Sakura 5.2 from the official website on my Samsung Galaxy M20. I have been observing screen freezes very frequently (from the android setup page) and is very annoying. And as the problem is from the startup page, I don't think it is because of any 3rd party app . There was no problem in Project Sakura 5.1. Request you to fix it.

Attachments

• logcat.txt
    20.3 KB · Views: 4

DaHype007

Nov 12, 2015
@Mr.Rocket

We all have the Problem. Please read last posts. Its problem of Vendor OS i have that issue on my three M20 in family.] . I hope he can fix it very soon.

I also sended already and LogCat to @Haridhayal
several days before, but till now no reaction to it. He do it in Free Time he wrote, so i hope he have soon time for that massive problem :-(

So here in Thread also now my Logcat File.

Attachments

• logcat.txt
    1.3 MB · Views: 2
Reactions: Mr.Rocket

Mr.Rocket

Aug 12, 2021
@Mr.Rocket

We all have the Problem. Please read last posts. Its problem of Vendor OS i have that issue on my three M20 in family.] . I hope he can fix it very soon.

I also sended already and LogCat to @Haridhayal
several days before, but till now no reaction to it. He do it in Free Time he wrote, so i hope he have soon time for that massive problem :-(

So here in Thread also now my Logcat File.
It's OK actually. I am using 5.1 till it is fixed

Mr.Rocket

Aug 12, 2021
Hi
Everytime I flash the rom (5.1 or 5.2), it ends with an error:1. But if i boot, the rom works. Can anyone tell me what is error:1 and why it is happens like that?
Thanks!

DaHype007

Nov 12, 2015
Thanks for the new Update. Now the Phone works much better. Random Actions seems to be mostly fixed. 2 times last 24 hours i had one.

Sometimes the touch not respond and freeze apps.fix with power button.

But the update 90℅ better than the Version before.

THANKS!

Last edited:

Mr.Rocket

Aug 12, 2021
The new 5.2 update of the Project Sakura is awesome compared to the previous one. Appreciate your work. Thank you.
There are very few problems regarding to the screen freezes which is now ignorable (kind of). But overall this is good.

DaHype007

Nov 12, 2015
After 5 days of use, the random actions gets back (about 50% to last Version) So i´ts better as last Version but not perfect. I hope you can fix it.

So i provide you again an new logcat File. Hope it will helps.

Time in Logcat:

21:19 Massive Random Actions
21:30 Touch after Wakeup not Respond

Logcat

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr.Rocket

Mr.Rocket

Aug 12, 2021
@Haridhayal I have two questions:
1. Is there a way to install and run Samsung apps like 'My files, or gallery' while using this ROM (it gets installed but doesn't run).
2. Is there a way to increase the sound a little more? Because the volume is very low. I can barely hear some dialogues. If not, can you please suggest some mods.

Thank you

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So this is the end of this ROM on this device?
    I'm stopping builds for m20 as I don't own this device anymore.
    Bugs
    - IMS (VoLTE,ViLTE,VoWiFi)
    - Bluetooth calls
    - Extra cameras
    - Status Bar settings crash
    - OTA not working ( need to flash manually via twrp)

-̶ ̶M̶a̶g̶i̶s̶k̶H̶i̶d̶e̶ ̶d̶o̶e̶s̶n̶t̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶.̶ ̶(̶ ̶e̶n̶a̶b̶l̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶r̶a̶n̶d̶o̶m̶ ̶r̶e̶b̶o̶o̶t̶s̶)̶

Changelog
    For Latest Changelog visit here.

How to fix bootloops after coming from OneUI 3.x ports (Not needed after 5.2 update as vendor is included)
    1) Boot to TWRP
    2) Download this vendor image
    3) Install --> Flash image --> select image --> select vendor
    4) Flash Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_11.02.2020.zip from here
    5) Flash the ROM.zip

How to update to new version via OTA
    1) Open settings and go to Sakura updates.
    2) Check for updates
    3) Download update if available
    4) After downloading it will ask to install it, Tap on yes it will reboot to recovery and install automatically.
    5) Flash Magisk (if you dont do this, it might not boot)
    6) Enjoy the new update

header.png

Project Sakura is a custom ROM based on Lineage OS, It tries to remain true to it while also providing some more functionality and UI changes. Its sole purpose is to provide a platform which is powered by Lineage and is more customisable than Lineage.

disclaimer.png

Code:
     Your warranty is now void. We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone by installing any custom ROMs and/or kernels. You do it at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself and you are not to blame us or XDA and its respected developers.

"This is a user friendly thread, all your suggestions are important to us and will be taken into consideration."

flashing.png

CLEAN FLASH( if coming from any other ROM or from Sakura Android 10) :
    Download the Build you want to flash,
    - Download the ROM from website.
    - Reboot to recovery ( Install TWRP from here )
    - Take Backup (Not Necessary)
    - Wipe System, Data, Cache , Dalvik
    - Flash the latest build
    - Flash
    Opengapps(if you need Gapps)
    - Reboot

DIRTYFLASH( if updating from Sakura Android 11) :
    1) via OTA (read more here)
    2) Manual Method
    - Download the Build you want to flash,
    - Download the ROM from website.
    - Reboot to recovery ( Install TWRP from here )
    - Flash the latest build. (no need to flash Gapps when dirty flashing)
    - Reboot

download.png

DOWNLOAD
    Changelog/Bug List

credits.png

-Lineage OS
    -AOSP
    -Superior OS
    -AOSiP
    -DerpFest

-Pixel Experience
    -Extended UI
    -Havoc OS
    -CrDroid ROM

donate.png

Donate to ROM Maintainer
    Paypal

Donate to ROM Developer
    [/SIZE]

source.png

Project Sakura Source

support.png

Telegram Group

REPORTING BUGS!
    As soon as the problem occurs, take a logcat!
    for more READ THIS

miscinfo.png

Thanks to
    @SamarV-121 - Device bring up

Device: Samsung Galaxy M20
    Maintainer:
    Haridhayal
    Build Type: Official

Kernel Source: universal7904

ROM OS Version: 11.0

XDA:DevDB Information
    Project Sakura 5.R for m20lte, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy M20

Contributors
    Haridhayal
    ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Must be on OneUI 2.0
    Based On: Lineage OS 18.1

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: 4.R
    Stable Release Date: 2020-11-22

Created 2020-11-22
    Last Updated 2020-11-22
    Too bad it's dead :(
    What Lineage are you using now? The old one from this ROM board?
    18.1 , I think
    Speaker volume is very low.. please fix this..
    Speaker volume is very low.. please fix this..