[EOL][ROM][11][UNOFFICIAL] PixelExperience for Mi Pad 4

Search This thread

FreudKrueger

Sep 18, 2020
Set PixelExperience_clover+-12.0-20220222-0407- UNOFFICIAL.zip for the 10" model and it turned out that the physical copy of "Home" does not work. Is it possible to deal with this or is it a firmware problem?
image1111.jpg

mamarama9904

Feb 25, 2015
PE11 Rollup Build
I've seen PE11 didn't get security patch since Dec 2021 so I guess PE11 will not any security update anymore and I built final 11 version rom. PE11 updating has stopped since Dec 2021 so this rom is also Dec 2021 but some minor patch may be included. Final commit of PE11 is submitted on Dec 15, 2021 at the gerrit site.

This build is from completely different trees so clean install is highly recommended. Confirmation is done with latest firmware and TWRP 3.5.2_9-0

Boot, WiFi, LTE, BT, Camera, Rotate, AutoBrightness, Flipcover, Doubletap are OK.
Google Play certification, Deepsleep are also OK.
MiuiCamera is included.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220228-153719.png
    Screenshot_20220228-153719.png
    131.7 KB · Views: 121
  • Screenshot_20220228-154059.png
    Screenshot_20220228-154059.png
    112.5 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
Reactions: willymoto

Maex89

Mar 1, 2022
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
Redmi K20 Pro
Hi, I have installed the ROM freshly on my Mi Pad 4. Seams fine, so far.

The only issue I can identify is, that the flipcover is not working. Do I need to enable it? Didn't find any settings. I want to mention, that I have a pattern ("Muster Sperre" in German) unlock enabled.

Maex89

Mar 1, 2022
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
Redmi K20 Pro
There is no that setting in the setting app. It's always enabled. You should check your rom installation and try another flipcover.
Maybe I did something wrong during installation. That's what I have done:
1) Unlocked device
2) Installed TWRP 3.6.0
3) Installed Xiaomi Firmware for MUI 9.8.29 (the other is downloading incredible slow, I will try it later)
4) Flashed the latest version of Pixel Experience

Was that correct, did I miss something?

mamarama9904

Feb 25, 2015
I've uploaded same PE rom (just added _reupload1, same as 20220227-0516) and PEPlus rom.

CHANGES
Disabled spoofing device's recognition as a pixel device.

Last edited:
Reactions: jordirpz and McIber

skupi20

Oct 10, 2008
I see there is a new version. @mamarama9904 on last and latest march version i have problem with aptx hd audio no sound on my speaker. I get it only when i disabled it. My speaker support aptx hd audio.

ferdinandpc

Jul 31, 2014
Hi, i install the last version of this firm and now the screen doesn't rotate. The previous firm was android 10 and rotate well. How can I fix it?

ShermanTenor

Aug 17, 2013
Toronto
I see there is a new version. @mamarama9904 on last and latest march version i have problem with aptx hd audio no sound on my speaker. I get it only when i disabled it. My speaker support aptx hd audio.
I have the same issue with my aptx HD Bluetooth headphones - video playback goes in slow motion, and I hear rapid clicking, but no audio. If I disable aptx for the device, regular BT audio works.

Is it possible to fix aptx? I'm just trying this ROM for the first time, and love it so far - thanks!

iCole

Dec 30, 2010
Can confirm the AptX issue also, I did a complete clean flash coming from the latest China ROM, then installing firmware 9.8.29 and the latest PE11 release.

FL Cool J

Apr 1, 2020
Thank you very much for the continued support! After two years or so I finally upgraded to the recent release. It's very snappy on my Mi Pad 4 Plus. Only issue is that the FP sensor seems not to work - there is not even the entry in settings. Is that intented?

ShermanTenor

Aug 17, 2013
Toronto
Has anybody experienced charging issues with this ROM? I'm able to charge after a reboot, and the notification LED illuminates and things seem to work more or less normally. But after the tablet has been used for a day or maybe two, it seems to stop charging when being plugged in until you perform a reboot. No notification LED etc..

Just wondering if this is a known glitch, or if possibly I may have a hardware issue with my device. The battery life isn't as good as when the device was new, but that isn't a surprise given the age of this tablet, but I've not had charging issues until switching to the PE ROM last week.

Thanks again for making this ROM for the Mi Pad 4!!

ericcostes

Nov 18, 2011
Versailles
Hello Guys ,
my clover is under lineageOS 17.1 + twrp 3.3.0.1 ( android 10 )
before moving to this nice rom I need some advices/help please :) :

1 . how to update my old twrp to the recomanded one mentionned on the first page twrp 3.6.1_9-0 ? Can I do a dirty fastboot flash ? Else how to proceed properly please ?

2 . Is there some formating or type question with partitions , what should I do before fashing the 11.0 rom ?

3 . Does this rom include a kernel or should it be loaded separatly ?

thanks a lot for your help ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First Android 13 build of Pixel Experience. So far everything is good. It now has the Nyx kernel in the ROM.

GtwTyCR.png

PixelExperience for Mi Pad 4 [clover]

What is this?
    Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11.0

Whats working?
    Wifi
    Camera
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    Lights
    Sound

Known issues
    Double tap wake is always on.

Flash Steps

(1)Unlock bootloader.
    (2)Flash TWRP.
    (3)Flash the latest firmware.
    (4)Format Data.
    (5)Full wipe in Advanced Wipe.
    (6)Flash PE zip.

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from AFH
    Download from AFH (Plus)
    Official TWRP

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Telegram channel
    Stay tuned

Update (Q)
    -Sync latest source
    -Security patch 2020/04/05
    Update(PE&PEPLUS)
    -Sync latest source
    -Security patch 2020/12/05

Warning: an source code was deleted to avoid building error. so this ROM may contain unkown issues. reccomend to stay 11/05 if need stability.
    OK: boot, wifi, touch, autobrightness, rotate, sound, camera, flipcover/doubletap-wake, charge, BTsound(aac, aptX), google-login
    BAD: no found
    Greetings!
    As you may already know, Pixel Experience will be getting 2 editions from now on. One is Pie Edition and the other is Plus Edition.
    The Pie Edition will have a fully Pixel-like experience, with no extra customisations, while the Plus Edition will maintain the Pixel-like feel, while adding a few extra features. (read more about this change here)
    What this means to us is that our XiaomiParts is only going to be present in the Plus Edition and it has already been removed on the latest builds of the Pie Edition.

Since our friend @mamarama9904 is busy trying to get us some Official Builds and he's also working on the wonderful SuperiorOS, I thought I'd do some building since it's been a while since we've had new builds.

Mi Pad 4 (LTE)
    Pie Edition [16 August 2019] (link removed)
    Plus Edition [16 August 2019] (link removed, check this thread for new Plus Edition builds)

Mi Pad 4 (WiFi)
    Pie Edition [17 August 2019] (link removed)
    Plus Edition [17 August 2019] (link removed, check this thread for new Plus Edition builds)

Guys, also let us know if it's worth the trouble building both editions for each update. How important is Xiaomi Parts for you? Do you even use it? :cowboy:

UPDATE: As our friend @knoopx suggested here I'm adding different builds for WiFi and LTE versions. The only difference between them is that the WiFi version is missing the Dialer app, Messaging app and all the Telephony-related services.

UPDATE 2: Links were changed from Google Drive to MEGA.

UPDATE 3: Removed links
    Update
    -Sync latest source
    -Security patch 2020/06/05
    I updated the device trees so clean install may be needed.