[EOL][ROM][11][UNOFFICIAL] PixelExperience for Mi Pad 4

Search This thread

ericcostes

Nov 18, 2011
Versailles
Hello Guys ,
my clover is under lineageOS 17.1 + twrp 3.3.0.1 ( android 10 )
before moving to this nice rom I need some advices/help please :) :

1 . how to update my old twrp to the recomanded one mentionned on the first page twrp 3.6.1_9-0 ? Can I do a dirty fastboot flash ? Else how to proceed properly please ?

2 . Is there some formating or type question with partitions , what should I do before fashing the 11.0 rom ?

3 . Does this rom include a kernel or should it be loaded separatly ?

thanks a lot for your help ;)
NOBODY TO HELP ME !!! :oops:
:cowboy:

FL Cool J

Apr 1, 2020
Has anybody experienced charging issues with this ROM? I'm able to charge after a reboot, and the notification LED illuminates and things seem to work more or less normally. But after the tablet has been used for a day or maybe two, it seems to stop charging when being plugged in until you perform a reboot. No notification LED etc..

Just wondering if this is a known glitch, or if possibly I may have a hardware issue with my device. The battery life isn't as good as when the device was new, but that isn't a surprise given the age of this tablet, but I've not had charging issues until switching to the PE ROM last week.

Thanks again for making this ROM for the Mi Pad 4!!
I can confirm this issue. If you plug the cable in, the charging info at the bottom of the lockscreen does not appear (not all the time but if the tablet has somehow reached this 'state'). After the reboot it charges normally.

GregEden

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
Hi, any news about new updates or Android 12 release?
There is a 12.1 release by a different developer
PixelExperience_Plus_clover-12.1-20220411-2327-UNOFFICIAL.zip
I use this on my MiPad 4 8" LTE and it works well. The GPS part is slow to load but the dev has said it will be fixed in the next release. You have to do a clean install and you should update TWRP. It uses a 4.19 kernel. It can be a bit slow in the installation but it gets there and once installed it is fine. I needed to play with the screen and font sizes to get the icons and text just right. Playstore certified, apxtX and LDAC work for bluetooth audio, if you have a USB-PD charger it even charges faster. Netflix installable straight from Google Play.
Sabar does three ROMs and this is where you can find the discussion. He also has dotOS 6 a new ROM that looks promising.
ps take care with the releases. He does two versions clover and clover+ <- the subtle plus sign next to clover means it is for the MiPad 4 Plus. But the word Plus next to Pixel Experience is not part of that.

abethell

Mar 14, 2015
There is a 12.1 release by a different developer
PixelExperience_Plus_clover-12.1-20220411-2327-UNOFFICIAL.zip
I use this on my MiPad 4 8" LTE and it works well. The GPS part is slow to load but the dev has said it will be fixed in the next release. You have to do a clean install and you should update TWRP. It uses a 4.19 kernel. It can be a bit slow in the installation but it gets there and once installed it is fine. I needed to play with the screen and font sizes to get the icons and text just right. Playstore certified, apxtX and LDAC work for bluetooth audio, if you have a USB-PD charger it even charges faster. Netflix installable straight from Google Play.
Sabar does three ROMs and this is where you can find the discussion. He also has dotOS 6 a new ROM that looks promising.
ps take care with the releases. He does two versions clover and clover+ <- the subtle plus sign next to clover means it is for the MiPad 4 Plus. But the word Plus next to Pixel Experience is not part of that.
How do you adjust the display / font sizes to fix the DPI?

Reactions: non_sang

non_sang

Sep 21, 2008
Settings -> Display -> Display size and set it to large. I leave font size on default
Thank you so much, I installed PixelExperience_Plus_clover-12.1-20220708-2239-UNOFFICIAL.zip and find to fix this.
2022-07-14T22_10_07.png

Reactions: GregEden

superpawko

May 22, 2015
I have installed it on Xiaomi mi pad 4 plus. Physical home button doesnt work. But bigger problem is that when I try to unlock device via power button, there is 5 second lag, I see screen but the touchscreen is not responding. Anyway to fix it ?

Sometimes power button also does not lock the screen. I have to press it multiple time. I have turned off flashlight shorcut.

Last edited:

GregEden

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
I have installed it on Xiaomi mi pad 4 plus. Physical home button doesnt work. But bigger problem is that when I try to unlock device via power button, there is 5 second lag, I see screen but the touchscreen is not responding. Anyway to fix it ?

Sometimes power button also does not lock the screen. I have to press it multiple time. I have turned off flashlight shorcut.
Are you using the 12.1 version? There is a fix for that by flashing an updated kernel. But that ROM is only for the 8" version. It does not support finger print and you would need to play with screen DPI to make it work.

Last edited:

GregEden

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
The dev made a version for the Plus as the last one of 12.0, before moving to 12.1. There is no 12.1 version.

So this one -> clover-mipad4 released /PixelExperience_clover+-12.0-20220222-0407-UNOFFICIAL.zip

This forum is for LineageOS but he does a Pixel Experince ROM too, that works well on the 8" LTE model.

superpawko

May 22, 2015
I dont need FP reader/button. The bigger problem is 5 second lag to unlock device... and problem to lock it because Power button is not responding.

I have installed: PixelExperience_Plus_clover-11.0-20220305-0358-UNOFFICIAL.zip

There is also PixelExperience_clover-11.0-20220305-0307-UNOFFICIAL maybe i should install this version ? I dont know what is the difference between plus and normal.

Can you recommend me something stable and fast for Plus version ?

I have to do it today so thank you in advance for fast reply.

Thank you

EDIT:
I have installed: PixelExperience_Plus_clover-12.1-20220708-2239-UNOFFICIAL.zip
And FP button works, power button works. I hope rest of the stuff will be working also.. I only needed to change DPI to 590 becasue there was issue with gestures.

Last edited:
Reactions: GregEden

Mcmug88

Aug 13, 2022
Hi, I am using Mi Pad 4 wifi version. Just saw the new release today:
PixelExperience_Plus_clover-12.1-20220812-0847-UNOFFICIAL.zip

Can I know whether this can be used for the 8" non LTE versions? Or it only can be used by Mipad 4 plus or the LTE versions?

GregEden

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
Hi, I am using Mi Pad 4 wifi version. Just saw the new release today:
PixelExperience_Plus_clover-12.1-20220812-0847-UNOFFICIAL.zip

Can I know whether this can be used for the 8" non LTE versions? Or it only can be used by Mipad 4 plus or the LTE versions?
All MiPad 4s are based on the Clover platform and this ROM is specifically for the 8" version although it will also work on a Plus with DPI change.
So YES it will work on your 8" WiFi model. It is Playstore Certified and supports Bluetooth Codecs like aptX HD.
BUT it is also based on a 4.19 kernel so it will need a clean install and the latest TWRP. Be very careful NOT to wipe the /vendor folder.

Mcmug88

Aug 13, 2022
All MiPad 4s are based on the Clover platform and this ROM is specifically for the 8" version although it will also work on a Plus with DPI change.
So YES it will work on your 8" WiFi model. It is Playstore Certified and supports Bluetooth Codecs like aptX HD.
BUT it is also based on a 4.19 kernel so it will need a clean install and the latest TWRP. Be very careful NOT to wipe the /vendor folder.
Hi, thanks. I think i have wiped accidentally last time my vendor folder. Anyway to recover them?
Also after i installed the last update of July
PixelExperience_Plus_clover-12.1-20220708-2239-UNOFFICIAL.zip
I got a problem as it will stuck at fastboot after reboot.
only when i reinstalled the April version that this issues are not there.

any suggestions?

GregEden

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
Also was it because I wipe the vendor folder that when i revert to my old original rom, the wifi was not working and it keep saying the find phone storage is corrupted.

Only if i restore to PE april edition " PixelExperience_clover-12.1-20220405-1528-UNOFFICIAL.zip" that the wifi can be run properly.

Appreciate your help here
You can reinstall the origonal EU ROM Android 8 and it should rewrite the Vendor folder which it called /persistence and then start again. Very tedious. Check and ensure you still have an IMEI. It is possible to restore /vendor

Just download the zip and flash from TWRP. You should also ensure you have the latest TWRP

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First Android 13 build of Pixel Experience. So far everything is good. It now has the Nyx kernel in the ROM.

GtwTyCR.png

PixelExperience for Mi Pad 4 [clover]

What is this?
    Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11.0

Whats working?
    Wifi
    Camera
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    Lights
    Sound

Known issues
    Double tap wake is always on.

Flash Steps

(1)Unlock bootloader.
    (2)Flash TWRP.
    (3)Flash the latest firmware.
    (4)Format Data.
    (5)Full wipe in Advanced Wipe.
    (6)Flash PE zip.

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from AFH
    Download from AFH (Plus)
    Official TWRP

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Telegram channel
    Stay tuned

Update (Q)
    -Sync latest source
    -Security patch 2020/04/05
    Update(PE&PEPLUS)
    -Sync latest source
    -Security patch 2020/12/05

Warning: an source code was deleted to avoid building error. so this ROM may contain unkown issues. reccomend to stay 11/05 if need stability.
    OK: boot, wifi, touch, autobrightness, rotate, sound, camera, flipcover/doubletap-wake, charge, BTsound(aac, aptX), google-login
    BAD: no found
    Greetings!
    As you may already know, Pixel Experience will be getting 2 editions from now on. One is Pie Edition and the other is Plus Edition.
    The Pie Edition will have a fully Pixel-like experience, with no extra customisations, while the Plus Edition will maintain the Pixel-like feel, while adding a few extra features. (read more about this change here)
    What this means to us is that our XiaomiParts is only going to be present in the Plus Edition and it has already been removed on the latest builds of the Pie Edition.

Since our friend @mamarama9904 is busy trying to get us some Official Builds and he's also working on the wonderful SuperiorOS, I thought I'd do some building since it's been a while since we've had new builds.

Mi Pad 4 (LTE)
    Pie Edition [16 August 2019] (link removed)
    Plus Edition [16 August 2019] (link removed, check this thread for new Plus Edition builds)

Mi Pad 4 (WiFi)
    Pie Edition [17 August 2019] (link removed)
    Plus Edition [17 August 2019] (link removed, check this thread for new Plus Edition builds)

Guys, also let us know if it's worth the trouble building both editions for each update. How important is Xiaomi Parts for you? Do you even use it? :cowboy:

UPDATE: As our friend @knoopx suggested here I'm adding different builds for WiFi and LTE versions. The only difference between them is that the WiFi version is missing the Dialer app, Messaging app and all the Telephony-related services.

UPDATE 2: Links were changed from Google Drive to MEGA.

UPDATE 3: Removed links
    Update
    -Sync latest source
    -Security patch 2020/06/05
    I updated the device trees so clean install may be needed.