• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[EOL][ROM][7.1.2_r36][UNOFFICIAL]LineageOS 14.1 [08 Sep 2019]

Search This thread
Nov 18, 2016
Delhi
Can someone tell me till it doesn't have 2g network support.... Or i am missing something to get 2g support and also please help me regarding broadcast msg i don't know why it is coming so much frequently. I don't know how to deactivate this because in stock firmware it never came.

Last edited:

optionalmgrr.la

Sep 5, 2015
AFAIK no one has managed to dualboot stock+custom ROM. I hope someone has pictures after and before flashing custom ROM to show...

No call recording dint work well for me on 13/2 build.

Sent from my Moto G4 Plus using XDA Labs
Thx hope someone will come help thx

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

Yep. With some additional kernel patches
Hi can you use moto camera blobs if it makes the pictures better?

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 PM ----------

Installed, running with no issues, FC stopped, random reboot stopped, everything seems to be up and running perfectly, thank you for your time and work.
Encryption working?

runt

Apr 5, 2007
I am not able to get past the SIM activation on a new install of this. SPrint SIM, just me or is there an issue with Sprint SIMs. I do get an "unknown command" error on the "Patching system image unconditionally..." step.

niyas90

Mar 12, 2013
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro
Installed, running with no issues, FC stopped, random reboot stopped, everything seems to be up and running perfectly, thank you for your time and work.

Exactly
The ROM is getting better and better..
Going to use as my daily driver..
Thanks for the efforts rahul and team Athene..

xt1643

Sent from my Moto G4 Plus using XDA Labs

alaindupus

Apr 2, 2015
Leon
When using Google Dialer in a call, the volume is too loud even if the device is at the minimum volume of call. Are you experimenting this in LineageOS dialer? Maybe the problem is just Google Dialer. Thanks in advance.
P.D. Last nightly is working flawlessly, like stock. Very thanks, devs!.

Last edited:
J

joeeboogz

When using Google Dialer in a call, the volume is too loud even if the device is at the minimum volume of call. Are you experimenting this in LineageOS dialer? Maybe the problem is just Google Dialer. Thanks in advance.
P.D. Last nightly is working flawlessly, like stock. Very thanks, devs!.
That dialer seems to be crap for all ROMs for me right now I went back to aosp dialer

D

Deleted member 3681576

Whenever I get a call, I can't see who is calling me. I can only here the ringtone. I have to wait until they hang up. So I can see who's call I missed and can call back. Anyway to fix this?

strongst

Senior Moderator / Developer Committee
Staff member
Sep 18, 2007
thank's
HTC Desire
Smart Watches
Whenever I get a call, I can't see who is calling me. I can only here the ringtone. I have to wait until they hang up. So I can see who's call I missed and can call back. Anyway to fix this?
Please have a look at op how to report a bug otherwise head over to custom rom help thread. If you want help, please help yourself and read the op, otherwise your post will be ignored(see op). It's a shame that some users are able to read and understand what the devs wrote and others definitely ignore the whole op!

D

Deleted member 3681576

Please have a look at op how to report a bug otherwise head over to custom rom help thread. If you want help, please help yourself and read the op, otherwise your post will be ignored(see op). It's a shame that some users are able to read and understand what the devs wrote and others definitely ignore the whole op!

Sorry, just posted to see if anyone had the same problem. I will update first, if the problem is still there. I will do a good bug report.

kiden

Feb 3, 2010
Chicago
@rahulsnair, @Silesh.Nair

So I decided to clean flash the newest LOS nightly to see if the Automatic Zen/ DnD Rules and Camera issue affecting the XT1644 on the newest RR were issues coming from LOS sources and could be replicated on the newest LOS nightly. I found two issues on the newest nightly that were also present in RR:
- Snap camera (and Moto Camera if installed) will freeze up after 30 seconds of video recording on all quality settings.
- Automatic Zen/Dnd rules setup from the settings menu for Events will not trigger automatically. It seems the fix that was committed on 2/23 only fixed time based rules.

Phone Information:
* Model: XT1644 US Moto G4+ 4GB/64GB
* LineageOS version: 2/27 Nightly
* Gapps version: 2/27 Aroma (making sure not to install any camera items)
What you did:
* Wipe data:Yes
* Upgrade from previous official cm build: N
* Restore with titanium backup: N
You're using (if yes write which one) :
* Task killer: No
* Phone cleaner / Battery enhancer apps: No
* Non-stock kernel: No
* Modified kernel settings: No
* Other mods: No

Bug info:
* Camera Issue:
1. Clean flash
2. Open Snap Camera
3. Select Video Recording Mode
4. Start Recording
5. Wait past 30 seconds
6. Video will Freeze and not record.
7. Close camera.
8. Open Camera again
9. When attempting to record, it will fail at 00:00
10. Stop recording, get error in toast message "Could not capture media" (Note: If you reboot after this, it will capture 30 seconds again, then fail the same way)

* Zen Rules Issue:
1. Clean Flash
2. Setup Google Account and Sync Calendar
3. Make sure you have an event for the current time (ex current time 1pm, event from 12pm - 2pm)
4. Go to settings
5. Enable Event Rule
6. Dnd is not activated.
7. Reboot, Dnd, still not activated.
8. Manually sync calendar, still not activated.

I apologize for the lack of logcat, I am stuck at work without CMD/ADB access, but will grab a logcat tonight and make sure it has instances of both of these issues. I just wanted to get this written out since things have been so busy lately. Thank you for all your work!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

Note: LineageOS 14.1 is no longer maintained. A final build was released on 8 Sep 2019, please read the post here. #2987

LineageOS 14.1 is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and gapps
    • Boot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build
    • Boot to recovery again
    • Flash gapps
    • Reboot
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][athene][7.1.2] LineageOS 14.1, ROM for the Moto G4/Plus

Contributors
    LineageOS Team of course!

Team athene:
    rajatgupta1998
    Nikit
    lcrd512
    golden-guy
    Jleeblanch

My paypal: https://www.paypal.me/rajatgupta1998
    Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/rajatgupta1998

Our former developers:
    vache, rahulsnair, SileshNair, Shreps, regalstreak, ashwin007

Other developers: Alberto97, squid2, flar2, oadam11 and all other contributors whom I might have missed.

Source Code:
    LineageOS ROM Source

Device specific sources:
    Device tree: https://github.com/rajatgupta1998/android_device_motorola_athene
    Kernel source: https://github.com/rajatgupta1998/android_kernel_motorola_msm8952
    Vendor blobs: https://github.com/rajatgupta1998/android_vendor_motorola_athene

ROM OS Version: Android 7.1.2 Nougat

Version Information
    #ril is here. #lineage15.0 #Oreo
    Build coming soon..
    We are happy to announce that we just got till bootanimation in Lineage-15.0 after a week effort from nothingness. We can hope a bootable build in near future. Stay safe... Peace out.
    Update : We have a home screen and reboots :p
    And Volte works too. What more can you ask :p . I will stop teasing now. @Dreamstar will be posting beta build soon. And dont flood the thread with i am excited .. looking forward.. posts ;) Stay safe..
    First LineageOS-15.0 ( Oreo ) build is up

What's working
    • Audio
    • RIL (Dual-Sim, Calls, SMS, Data)
    • Volte
    • Fingerprint Sensor ( Enrolment issue )
    • Wifi
    • Bluetooth
    • Video Playback
    What's not working
    • Camera
    • Permissive SELinux
    • Lineage-15.0 is new so there will be Lineage specific bugs.
    Screenshots
    TcBLEnY.png
    6iy1l7M.png
    sYxtfJe.png
    jpYMb4i.png
    oKUsKYv.png
    f4YUD1G.png
    KAEg67k.png
    vvlRYpP.png

Download Link Updated in OP
    Cheers