• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[EOL][ROM][7.1.2_r36][UNOFFICIAL]LineageOS 14.1 [08 Sep 2019]

Search This thread

corcovo

Jun 28, 2012
ADB doesnt work in bootloader

Dear people,

I am stuck now. I tried installing LineageOS on my brand new Moto G4 plus. Everything worked fine up to the point that I now have an unlocked bootloader (flashing_unlocked) and the device still starts, but "Minimal ADB and Fastboot" doesnt want to connect anymore ("waiting for any device").

When I start Android 7.0 on my phone I can access it via the command "adb devices" and I can even switch to bootloader with "adb reboot bootloader", but then I lose connection and "adb devices" isnt showing any device anymore.

I used the following software on a Windows 8.1 machine:

1. Motorola Device Manager
2. Minimal ADB and Fastboot (1.4.2)

according to this installation manual:

https://www.android-hilfe.de/thema/how-to-lineageos-auf-moto-g4-g4-plus-installieren.819793/

This is what my phone outputs in bootloader:

Baseband: Athene_EMEA_DSDS_CUST
Product: athene_16mp XT1642
Console: null
flashing_unlocked
Software status: Official
Tranfer mode: USB connected

I would like to flash twrp, but cant. I even tried it on another Win 8.1 machine and installed everything anew, still no connection possible in bootloader - only during running Android 7.0.

Can anybody help? I do want LineageOS on my device, thats what I bought it for.

Thank you so much in advance.

jerpd3rp

Jan 5, 2015
Amsterdam
Dear people,

I am stuck now. I tried installing LineageOS on my brand new Moto G4 plus. Everything worked fine up to the point that I now have an unlocked bootloader (flashing_unlocked) and the device still starts, but "Minimal ADB and Fastboot" doesnt want to connect anymore ("waiting for any device").

When I start Android 7.0 on my phone I can access it via the command "adb devices" and I can even switch to bootloader with "adb reboot bootloader", but then I lose connection and "adb devices" isnt showing any device anymore.

I used the following software on a Windows 8.1 machine:

1. Motorola Device Manager
2. Minimal ADB and Fastboot (1.4.2)

according to this installation manual:

https://www.android-hilfe.de/thema/how-to-lineageos-auf-moto-g4-g4-plus-installieren.819793/

This is what my phone outputs in bootloader:

Baseband: Athene_EMEA_DSDS_CUST
Product: athene_16mp XT1642
Console: null
flashing_unlocked
Software status: Official
Tranfer mode: USB connected

I would like to flash twrp, but cant. I even tried it on another Win 8.1 machine and installed everything anew, still no connection possible in bootloader - only during running Android 7.0.

Can anybody help? I do want LineageOS on my device, thats what I bought it for.

Thank you so much in advance.

You dont use adb when the phone is in the bootloader, you use the command "fastboot devices" to see if its connected, then "fastboot flash recovery (your recovery image filename here)" then reboot to your new recovery from the bootloader using the volume and power keys.,

Reactions: corcovo

corcovo

Jun 28, 2012
You dont use adb when the phone is in the bootloader, you use the command "fastboot devices" to see if its connected, then "fastboot flash recovery (your recovery image filename here)" then reboot to your new recovery from the bootloader using the volume and power keys.,

Hello jerpd3rp,

thank you so much for your input. I now set Windows Firewall rules for the programs "adb.exe" and "fastboot.exe" and, lo and behold, successfully flashed "twrp-3.1.0-athene_shreps" after a few attempts. Apparently it was important that "twrp.img" was in the same directory as "adb.exe" and not in "C:\twrp.img".

Lo and behold I am now running the latest "lineage-14.1-20170522-nightly-athene-signed" on my device. Thumbs up for the open source community.

Man, that was difficult! Flashing my Note 1 was so much easier a few years ago.

Reactions: 1chrome

j0nas_

Jul 25, 2016
The battery life has been much better the last two builds than the 20170501 one. Though when I tried out the camera in the latest build it tends to glitch out sometimes and the flash doesn't work. It glitches out when using the twist gesture rapidly.

Covalex

I have a problem with using the ROM: I install the ROM and it boots properly, so I do initial setup. However, if I reboot the phone, it goes into a bootloop thing where it stays on the boot animation and doesn't show up in ADB. This seems to persist on other ROMs as well. Can anyone help me out? I'm pretty desperate for a solution. I can't provide a logcat, since I can't access adb, but I will say that this issue persists after wiping data, system, cache, and dalvik. Thank you!

dagarcia

Oct 3, 2014
Pereira
We need some more info

I have a problem with using the ROM: I install the ROM and it boots properly, so I do initial setup. However, if I reboot the phone, it goes into a bootloop thing where it stays on the boot animation and doesn't show up in ADB. This seems to persist on other ROMs as well. Can anyone help me out? I'm pretty desperate for a solution. I can't provide a logcat, since I can't access adb, but I will say that this issue persists after wiping data, system, cache, and dalvik. Thank you!

I think you're installing something else after initial setup, could you please explain to us what you mean when you say "Initial setup", are you talking about 1st setup after installing the rom? or are you including extra apps? one more question, are you installing extra stuff via recovery?

Covalex

I think you're installing something else after initial setup, could you please explain to us what you mean when you say "Initial setup", are you talking about 1st setup after installing the rom? or are you including extra apps? one more question, are you installing extra stuff via recovery?

I have only installed the rom and SlimGApps 7.1.2. I have not installed any other apps in the recovery or from the Play Store. If it helps, the problem originated when I flashed Quark Kernel. After that, if I reboot, voluntarily or not, I never get to the lock screen. On the very first reboot, It looks as if it might have finished, as I get a black screen, but it just returns to a boot animation and stays there. Finally I noticed that if I touch the fingerprint sensor during this infinite boot, I feel a vibration.

Edit: I tried installing Vegito Kernel, and it let me in to the home screen, but the screen went black 10min and it began bootlooping.

Last edited:

sofsamu

Jan 25, 2017
I'm on a lineage based ROM and I was thinking this too. My girlfriend sent me a couple pictures through MMS and the quality isn't very great. But on her phone, they are fine. Maybe something is up.

I have seen that the sharpness of the picture went down and even the exposure of the photograph was worse. Maybe in future updates fix it ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

Note: LineageOS 14.1 is no longer maintained. A final build was released on 8 Sep 2019, please read the post here. #2987

LineageOS 14.1 is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and gapps
    • Boot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build
    • Boot to recovery again
    • Flash gapps
    • Reboot
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][athene][7.1.2] LineageOS 14.1, ROM for the Moto G4/Plus

Contributors
    LineageOS Team of course!

Team athene:
    rajatgupta1998
    Nikit
    lcrd512
    golden-guy
    Jleeblanch

My paypal: https://www.paypal.me/rajatgupta1998
    Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/rajatgupta1998

Our former developers:
    vache, rahulsnair, SileshNair, Shreps, regalstreak, ashwin007

Other developers: Alberto97, squid2, flar2, oadam11 and all other contributors whom I might have missed.

Source Code:
    LineageOS ROM Source

Device specific sources:
    Device tree: https://github.com/rajatgupta1998/android_device_motorola_athene
    Kernel source: https://github.com/rajatgupta1998/android_kernel_motorola_msm8952
    Vendor blobs: https://github.com/rajatgupta1998/android_vendor_motorola_athene

ROM OS Version: Android 7.1.2 Nougat

Version Information
    #ril is here. #lineage15.0 #Oreo
    Build coming soon..
    We are happy to announce that we just got till bootanimation in Lineage-15.0 after a week effort from nothingness. We can hope a bootable build in near future. Stay safe... Peace out.
    Update : We have a home screen and reboots :p
    And Volte works too. What more can you ask :p . I will stop teasing now. @Dreamstar will be posting beta build soon. And dont flood the thread with i am excited .. looking forward.. posts ;) Stay safe..
    First LineageOS-15.0 ( Oreo ) build is up

What's working
    • Audio
    • RIL (Dual-Sim, Calls, SMS, Data)
    • Volte
    • Fingerprint Sensor ( Enrolment issue )
    • Wifi
    • Bluetooth
    • Video Playback
    What's not working
    • Camera
    • Permissive SELinux
    • Lineage-15.0 is new so there will be Lineage specific bugs.
    Screenshots
    TcBLEnY.png
    6iy1l7M.png
    sYxtfJe.png
    jpYMb4i.png
    oKUsKYv.png
    f4YUD1G.png
    KAEg67k.png
    vvlRYpP.png

Download Link Updated in OP
    Cheers