[EOL][ROM][7.1.2_r36][UNOFFICIAL]LineageOS 14.1 [08 Sep 2019]

Search This thread

strongst

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Sep 18, 2007
prolific location
prolific-page.com
Ok but I meant an official solution like to be in stock and just solve the problem with an update, no with a custom rom.
Please don't post the same question more then once: https://forum.xda-developers.com/mo...ustom-roms-moto-g4-plus-t3667505/post73662766

Lowering rgb values is only a workaround, not a fix. It's a hardware problem, see one of the existing ghost touch threads: https://forum.xda-developers.com/moto-g4-plus/how-to/ghost-touch-revealed-t3496755

Reactions: moonlightdrive

rJWhofAvtx

Jun 18, 2010
After flashing Lineage I've re-enabled device encryption but it seems to have disabled the fingerprint sensor. I can't find any reference to this in the faq's etc. Is this known/expected behaviour (it worked ok on stock)? Is there any known fix? Thanks

Update: flashing the latest nightly resolved the issue for me. All back as was and has remembered the fingerprints.

relativityy

Aug 30, 2017
I received a message to update to the new version of LOS, i accepted and i'm stuck in the boot animation for about a hour.

I really dont know what to do. I noticed that i can acess the recovery mode, but i'm a rookie in this adb and stuff, can someone help me?
Im using a XT1640

echo92

Jan 1, 2017
Plymouth
I received a message to update to the new version of LOS, i accepted and i'm stuck in the boot animation for about a hour.

I really dont know what to do. I noticed that i can acess the recovery mode, but i'm a rookie in this adb and stuff, can someone help me?
Im using a XT1640

If you can still reboot to TWRP, then the first thing to try would be to wipe cache and Dalvik, see if that gets your device going. This shouldn't affect your data - once on the TWRP main menu, tap 'Wipe' then tap 'Advanced Wipe'. Tick only the Dalvik/ART cache and cache options, leave the others unticked, and swipe to wipe. Reboot.

If that doesn't resolve things, did you have a TWRP backup before you flashed the update?

relativityy

Aug 30, 2017
If you can still reboot to TWRP, then the first thing to try would be to wipe cache and Dalvik, see if that gets your device going. This shouldn't affect your data - once on the TWRP main menu, tap 'Wipe' then tap 'Advanced Wipe'. Tick only the Dalvik/ART cache and cache options, leave the others unticked, and swipe to wipe. Reboot.

If that doesn't resolve things, did you have a TWRP backup before you flashed the update?

I don't think that wiping the cache is working, it's still on the boot animation for about 10 min (i don't think that it should take this long).
And i don't have a TWRP backup, unfortunately (rookie mistake). What is the next step?

echo92

Jan 1, 2017
Plymouth
I don't think that wiping the cache is working, it's still on the boot animation for about 10 min (i don't think that it should take this long).
And i don't have a TWRP backup, unfortunately (rookie mistake). What is the next step?

The boot following a cache/Dalvik wipe might take up to 10 minutes, but if it's still booting, then the next steps might be to perform a TWRP factory reset, or a clean flash. A factory reset/clean flash shouldn't affect your internal storage, but will wipe your data (apps and settings).

Have you've got a copy of the latest official Lineage OS nightly still, (and GApps on your device)?
If you don't have a copy of the latest Lineage OS nightly, easiest way is to download the nightly onto your computer, then boot your device to TWRP and attach your device to your computer. Your computer should then detect your device and show you the internal storage, where you can copy the Lineage OS file.

A factory reset in TWRP involves:
Reboot to TWRP
Tap 'Wipe', and the option on the menu should be to swipe for a factory reset (wiping data, cache and Dalvik, not your internal storage).
Swipe (bear in mind this will erase your data).
Reboot. You'll have to set your system back up.
If this doesn't work, then you'll have to clean flash, as it suggests your system is damaged/corrupted somehow.

A clean flash involves:
Whilst in TWRP, tap 'Wipe'. Select 'Advanced Wipe' and tick system, data, Dalvik/ART cache and cache. Ensure no other partitions are selected. Swipe to wipe.
Go back to the main TWRP menu and select 'Install'
Flash the Lineage OS nightly zip and your preferred GApps.
Reboot. The subsequent boot should take 10 minutes or so and you'll have to set your system back up.

If this works, once you're set up again, boot to TWRP and make a backup of your device...

relativityy

Aug 30, 2017
The boot following a cache/Dalvik wipe might take up to 10 minutes, but if it's still booting, then the next steps might be to perform a TWRP factory reset, or a clean flash. A factory reset/clean flash shouldn't affect your internal storage, but will wipe your data (apps and settings).

Have you've got a copy of the latest official Lineage OS nightly still, (and GApps on your device)?
If you don't have a copy of the latest Lineage OS nightly, easiest way is to download the nightly onto your computer, then boot your device to TWRP and attach your device to your computer. Your computer should then detect your device and show you the internal storage, where you can copy the Lineage OS file.

A factory reset in TWRP involves:
Reboot to TWRP
Tap 'Wipe', and the option on the menu should be to swipe for a factory reset (wiping data, cache and Dalvik, not your internal storage).
Swipe (bear in mind this will erase your data).
Reboot. You'll have to set your system back up.
If this doesn't work, then you'll have to clean flash, as it suggests your system is damaged/corrupted somehow.

A clean flash involves:
Whilst in TWRP, tap 'Wipe'. Select 'Advanced Wipe' and tick system, data, Dalvik/ART cache and cache. Ensure no other partitions are selected. Swipe to wipe.
Go back to the main TWRP menu and select 'Install'
Flash the Lineage OS nightly zip and your preferred GApps.
Reboot. The subsequent boot should take 10 minutes or so and you'll have to set your system back up.

If this works, once you're set up again, boot to TWRP and make a backup of your device...

The factory reset worked! Thanks!
This means that i have the current LOS version installed or i'm still with the old (the working one)?

echo92

Jan 1, 2017
Plymouth
The factory reset worked! Thanks!
This means that i have the current LOS version installed or i'm still with the old (the working one)?

Good to hear it worked.

You should still be on the latest LineageOS build, a factory reset shouldn't change the build - you can check this under Settings > About Phone. Your LineageOS build should be the 20170904 (4th September 2017) build.

Reactions: relativityy

mschief148

Aug 6, 2012
Lima
I got a weird problem. I clean flashed the ROM, and after some usage I switched from WiFi to Data, but when I switched back to WiFi I can't connect anymore. My device is 1625, no mods and use aroma installer. Can anyone help me? Thanks

Enviado desde mi Moto G4 mediante Tapatalk

Nikit

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 14, 2014
New Delhi
Say hello to android O
Screenshot_20170906_102748.png

strongst

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Sep 18, 2007
prolific location
prolific-page.com
Say hello to android O

No link to the build?
It's not an official build from the device maintainers. He postet this for whatever reason in official Los thread.
@Dreamstar please open a new thread in Rom section if you provide your work for others. If not, please don't post in official thread unless it's an official release. That's very irritating for others. Thanks!

rahulsnair

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 7, 2013
Kottarakkara
It's not an official build from the device maintainers. He postet this for whatever reason in official Los thread. @Dreamstar please open a new thread in Rom section if you provide your work for others. If not, please don't post in official thread unless it's an official release. That's very irritating for others. Thanks!
Currently Me and @Dreamstar are working together. Since this is a dev thread we will be posting updates here. soon we will be pushing to official los 15 when source is ready. Now build is in alpha stage. As you can see from the screenshot , RIL is broke and some few other things to patch up. We are working on it.

Last edited:

strongst

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Sep 18, 2007
prolific location
prolific-page.com
Currently Me and @Dreamstar are working together. Since this is a dev thread we will be posting updates here. soon we will be pushing to official los 15 when source is ready. Now build is in alpha stage. As you can see from the screenshot , RIL is broke and some few other things to patch up. We are working on it.
Thanks for clarification. He isn't listed as maintainer on official page, nor here in op. Now it's clear.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS 14.1 April 2021 security patches with microG & Fdroid for Moto G4 Athene
    Read disclaimers below!

Download
    lineage-14.1-20210414-UNOFFICIAL-athene-mg-keys

---------
    LineageOS 14.1 with microG and F-droid
    Nougat
    SELinux status Enforcing
    April 2021 security patches
    Tested in Moto G4 XT1622
    -----------
    +++Not compatible with other 14.1 ROMs, you will need to wipe "Dalvik", "System", "Cache" and "Data"+++

you can dirty flash this if you are using my previous ROM

-------------
    sources:

LineageOS/android_device_motorola_athene
    LineageOS/android_kernel_motorola_msm8952
    LineageOS/android_external_bson
    LineageOS/android_external_stlport
    LineageOS/android_packages_resources_devicesettings
    TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_motorola
    lineageos4microg/android_prebuilts_prebuiltapks

thanks to @Eric_Lev for sources and @MSe1969 for advice

credit to lineagos peeps
    2okPze5.png

Note: LineageOS 14.1 is no longer maintained. A final build was released on 8 Sep 2019, please read the post here. #2987

LineageOS 14.1 is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and gapps
    • Boot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build
    • Boot to recovery again
    • Flash gapps
    • Reboot
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][athene][7.1.2] LineageOS 14.1, ROM for the Moto G4/Plus

Contributors
    LineageOS Team of course!

Team athene:
    rajatgupta1998
    Nikit
    lcrd512
    golden-guy
    Jleeblanch

My paypal: https://www.paypal.me/rajatgupta1998
    Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/rajatgupta1998

Our former developers:
    vache, rahulsnair, SileshNair, Shreps, regalstreak, ashwin007

Other developers: Alberto97, squid2, flar2, oadam11 and all other contributors whom I might have missed.

Source Code:
    LineageOS ROM Source

Device specific sources:
    Device tree: https://github.com/rajatgupta1998/android_device_motorola_athene
    Kernel source: https://github.com/rajatgupta1998/android_kernel_motorola_msm8952
    Vendor blobs: https://github.com/rajatgupta1998/android_vendor_motorola_athene

ROM OS Version: Android 7.1.2 Nougat

Version Information
    #ril is here. #lineage15.0 #Oreo
    Build coming soon..
    We are happy to announce that we just got till bootanimation in Lineage-15.0 after a week effort from nothingness. We can hope a bootable build in near future. Stay safe... Peace out.
    Update : We have a home screen and reboots :p
    And Volte works too. What more can you ask :p . I will stop teasing now. @Dreamstar will be posting beta build soon. And dont flood the thread with i am excited .. looking forward.. posts ;) Stay safe..
    First LineageOS-15.0 ( Oreo ) build is up

What's working
    • Audio
    • RIL (Dual-Sim, Calls, SMS, Data)
    • Volte
    • Fingerprint Sensor ( Enrolment issue )
    • Wifi
    • Bluetooth
    • Video Playback
    What's not working
    • Camera
    • Permissive SELinux
    • Lineage-15.0 is new so there will be Lineage specific bugs.
    Screenshots
    TcBLEnY.png
    6iy1l7M.png
    sYxtfJe.png
    jpYMb4i.png
    oKUsKYv.png
    f4YUD1G.png
    KAEg67k.png
    vvlRYpP.png

Download Link Updated in OP
    Cheers
Our Apps