[EOL][ROM][7.1.2_r36][UNOFFICIAL]LineageOS 14.1 [08 Sep 2019]

Search This thread

SpringHalo

Sep 2, 2017
Boot looping

I've held off going for a custom ROM on my phone until just now. Upgraded from a dying GS3 running cyanogen last year, and just started experiencing slowdowns.

I followed the devs lab guide, though I had to find the TWRP-athene release manually (3.1.1-0). I installed everything nicely, but once I rebooted, I got stuck in either an unavoidable boot loop, or a successful boot into android setup, where numerous appcrash prompts made it impossible to continue setup.

I have entirely wiped the phone several times, done every combination of install I can think of: with/without root or gapps, clearing dalvik between zip installs, changing filesystems, using older releases, and the like. But nothing gets me past the see-sawing blue-green blob.

Code:
Phone Informations
* LineageOS version Nightly 20170828 and 3 prior releases
* Gapps version Full, micro, pico ARM-7.1
What you did:
* Wipe data: Y
* Upgrade from previous official cm build: N; from stock
* Restore with titanium backup: N; full wipe
You're using (if yes write which one) :
Stock un-rooted kernel and rom

Here's the dmesg.log if it helps, can't post links yet because reasons:
pastebin /raw/wMNsY1Rr

Thanks,
Spring

Edit: Gave up and tried an RR nougat rom and it works perfectly. Maybe I'll try Los when it gets some stable releases.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blackstard

IronTechmonkey

Recognized Contributor
Feb 12, 2013
Still waiting for lineage os 15

As stated just a few posts ago. https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=73636867&postcount=1978

Also, the fact that you are waiting for LOS 15 has nothing to do with development for LOS14.1 (which is the intended purpose of this thread). Perhaps there is an "I'm waiting for the next version thread" elsewhere ;).

---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

Still having random reboots. There's some information about my phone and when it happens:

Athene xt1640
2Gb ram
32Gb storage with no sd card
Los 14.1-28082017 version (clean flash)
using ex kernel G4-1.10-LOS
No other mods

I notice that before random reboots I was about to receive a notification, most time WhatsApp notifications. Put phone in no disturbing mode or silence mode seems to solve it. It can occur with full charged battery, but most of the time it happens when it's above 35%. Never happened while charging.

I've had a few seemingly spontaneous reboot as well, and this is something I'm not experiencing in other Moto devices running LOS. This is definitely worth a proper bug report and Jira ticket if enough information can be gathered. More shortly about how I experienced this issue and how to capture system logs after (actually, in the middle of) the reboot. If there is a way to force the issue to occur (you are presently closer to that than I am) then a logcat taken up until the reboot could also be captured.

niyas90

Mar 12, 2013
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro
I've had a few seemingly spontaneous reboot as well, and this is something I'm not experiencing in other Moto devices running LOS. This is definitely worth a proper bug report and Jira ticket if enough information can be gathered. More shortly about how I experienced this issue and how to capture system logs after (actually, in the middle of) the reboot. If there is a way to force the issue to occur (you are presently closer to that than I am) then a logcat taken up until the reboot could also be captured.

Me too facing the random reboots while using the facebook app. Only 2 or 3 times in a week..

Kingpin190

Sep 3, 2017
I had shut downs when I was on low battery and received a message on whatsapp... Mostly when I was playing or watching a video on Facebook.
I think it's not the rom, because it also happens on stock rom...
I changed the battery on my g4 plus yesterday and now it didn't happen again... Had only 20% battery and watched a video on Facebook, get a message... All works great.
For all people who have shut downs or reboots, I would say your battery is near the end.

strongst

Senior Moderator - Developer Committee
Staff member
Sep 18, 2007
thank's
HTC Desire
HTC Raphael: Touch Pro, Fuze
I had shut downs when I was on low battery and received a message on whatsapp... Mostly when I was playing or watching a video on Facebook.
I changed the battery on my g4 plus yesterday and now it didn't happen again... Had only 20% battery and watched a video on Facebook, get a message... All works great.
For all people who have shut downs or reboots, I would say your battery is near the end.
And don't use Facebook :good:

IronTechmonkey

Recognized Contributor
Feb 12, 2013

I’m sorry to be so direct but the assertion that “For all people who have shut downs or reboots, I would say your battery is near the end” is illogical, is not based on empirical observations, and could lead to actions detrimental to the device (eg, needless battery replacement)...especially when you consider the range of usage cases from which this issue has been reported (which are different from your case). Even though there may be a connection between your issue and the reboots that others have reported, please be mindful about making such declarations based on unsupported claims or for a different set of symptoms.

For the reboot issue I’m making a list of the symptoms reported by others in this thread to look for common aspects (already finding some common aspects) and will share it later with some advise about how a proper bug report could be made of this.

---------- Post added at 10:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 AM ----------

And don't use Facebook :good:

Well, that’s a good idea for lots of reasons (jk - personal opinion), but in this case Facebook is not a unique cause of the larger reboot issue.

Last edited:

Kingpin190

Sep 3, 2017
I’m sorry to be so direct but the assertion that “For all people who have shut downs or reboots, I would say your battery is near the end” is illogical, is not based on empirical observations, and could lead to actions detrimental to the device (eg, needless battery replacement)...especially when you consider the range of usage cases from which this issue has been reported (which are different from your case). Even though there may be a connection between your issue and the reboots that others have reported, please be mindful about making such declarations based on unsupported claims or for a different set of symptoms.

For the reboot issue I’m making a list of the symptoms reported by others in this thread to look for common aspects (already finding some common aspects) and will share it later with some advise about how a proper bug report could be made of this.

---------- Post added at 10:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 AM ----------

Well, that’s a good idea for lots of reasons (jk - personal opinion), but in this case Facebook is not a unique cause of the larger reboot issue.

When somebody use a sentence with "I would say..." it's the same as "I guess..."
That this may not the solution is clear to me... It's just a point that should be mentioned...

Sorry that I offended you, sir

Reactions: Ann.Vogelfang

IronTechmonkey

Recognized Contributor
Feb 12, 2013
I've held off going for a custom ROM on my phone until just now. Upgraded from a dying GS3 running cyanogen last year, and just started experiencing slowdowns.

I followed the devs lab guide, though I had to find the TWRP-athene release manually (3.1.1-0). I installed everything nicely, but once I rebooted, I got stuck in either an unavoidable boot loop, or a successful boot into android setup, where numerous appcrash prompts made it impossible to continue setup.

I have entirely wiped the phone several times, done every combination of install I can think of: with/without root or gapps, clearing dalvik between zip installs, changing filesystems, using older releases, and the like. But nothing gets me past the see-sawing blue-green blob.

Here's the dmesg.log if it helps, can't post links yet because reasons:
pastebin /raw/wMNsY1Rr

Thanks,
Spring

Edit: Gave up and tried an RR nougat rom and it works perfectly. Maybe I'll try Los when it gets some stable releases.

Those issues sound more like matters process or past history of the device rather than actual ROM issues (eg if Substratum theme engine has ever been installed bootloops could occur). Also, consider the fact that dozens or even hundreds of people have likely flashed this ROM without having the same issue (in my case many times on several devices including this one).

This is not to say there isn't a genuine flashing problem under certain circumstances but then the unique aspects of those circumstances would have to be identified and logs from the recovery would be needed.

BTW, I'm not trying to sell you on further troubleshooting, just trying to find a logical paths to a solution. In the same circumstances I might also switch ROMs.

luuroseiro

Dec 6, 2012
São Paulo
I'm trying to go back to the stock rom NPJ25.93-14 on my XT1640, but I'm facing an error saying that there's a "security version downgrade" and that's not letting me flash the files. Someone know if I have to downgrade LOS to be able to flash the stock rom?

Trademark97

Jan 18, 2017
I'm trying to go back to the stock rom NPJ25.93-14 on my XT1640, but I'm facing an error saying that there's a "security version downgrade" and that's not letting me flash the files. Someone know if I have to downgrade LOS to be able to flash the stock rom?

This has nothing to do with LOS; rather, it has everything to do with the firmware you had installed on your phone before flashing LOS. If you had the March security patch on the stock ROM, then you need the 25.93-14.4 firmware revision, and if you had the June security patch on the stock ROM, then you will need the 25.93-14.8 firmware revision. AFAIK, it's either not possible or extremely risky to attempt such a downgrade (from one stock revision to another, especially from 25.93-14.8) , and it could even brick your phone if you try. If you tell us what the security patch was before you went to LOS, I am sure that someone could help link you to the appropriate firmware to flash.

luuroseiro

Dec 6, 2012
São Paulo
This has nothing to do with LOS; rather, it has everything to do with the firmware you had installed on your phone before flashing LOS. If you had the March security patch on the stock ROM, then you need the 25.93-14.4 firmware revision, and if you had the June security patch on the stock ROM, then you will need the 25.93-14.8 firmware revision. AFAIK, it's either not possible or extremely risky to attempt such a downgrade (from one stock revision to another, especially from 25.93-14.8) , and it could even brick your phone if you try. If you tell us what the security patch was before you went to LOS, I am sure that someone could help link you to the appropriate firmware to flash.

It was the June one, you have the link? Or I can find just by searching for 25.93-14.8?

echo92

Jan 1, 2017
Plymouth
It was the June one, you have the link? Or I can find just by searching for 25.93-14.8?

https://xdaforums.com/moto-g4-plus/how-to/stock-rom-npjs25-93-14-4-march-1-t3608138 for the June NPJS25.93-14-8 firmware.

Be aware that flashing this may wipe your device, so back up your internal storage (photos, videos, other files) before flashing this. Up to you if you choose to re-lock your bootloader or not. Of course, this will remove TWRP, root and LOS from your device.

luuroseiro

Dec 6, 2012
São Paulo

rJWhofAvtx

Jun 18, 2010
After flashing Lineage I've re-enabled device encryption but it seems to have disabled the fingerprint sensor. I can't find any reference to this in the faq's etc. Is this known/expected behaviour (it worked ok on stock)? Is there any known fix? Thanks

strongst

Senior Moderator - Developer Committee
Staff member
Sep 18, 2007
thank's
HTC Desire
HTC Raphael: Touch Pro, Fuze
Ok but I meant an official solution like to be in stock and just solve the problem with an update, no with a custom rom.
Please don't post the same question more then once: https://xdaforums.com/moto-g4-plus/help/android-o-custom-roms-moto-g4-plus-t3667505/post73662766

Lowering rgb values is only a workaround, not a fix. It's a hardware problem, see one of the existing ghost touch threads: https://xdaforums.com/moto-g4-plus/how-to/ghost-touch-revealed-t3496755

Reactions: moonlightdrive

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

Note: LineageOS 14.1 is no longer maintained. A final build was released on 8 Sep 2019, please read the post here. #2987

LineageOS 14.1 is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and gapps
    • Boot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build
    • Boot to recovery again
    • Flash gapps
    • Reboot
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][athene][7.1.2] LineageOS 14.1, ROM for the Moto G4/Plus

Contributors
    LineageOS Team of course!

Team athene:
    rajatgupta1998
    Nikit
    lcrd512
    golden-guy
    Jleeblanch

My paypal: https://www.paypal.me/rajatgupta1998
    Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/rajatgupta1998

Our former developers:
    vache, rahulsnair, SileshNair, Shreps, regalstreak, ashwin007

Other developers: Alberto97, squid2, flar2, oadam11 and all other contributors whom I might have missed.

Source Code:
    LineageOS ROM Source

Device specific sources:
    Device tree: https://github.com/rajatgupta1998/android_device_motorola_athene
    Kernel source: https://github.com/rajatgupta1998/android_kernel_motorola_msm8952
    Vendor blobs: https://github.com/rajatgupta1998/android_vendor_motorola_athene

ROM OS Version: Android 7.1.2 Nougat

Version Information
    #ril is here. #lineage15.0 #Oreo
    Build coming soon..
    We are happy to announce that we just got till bootanimation in Lineage-15.0 after a week effort from nothingness. We can hope a bootable build in near future. Stay safe... Peace out.
    Update : We have a home screen and reboots :p
    And Volte works too. What more can you ask :p . I will stop teasing now. @Dreamstar will be posting beta build soon. And dont flood the thread with i am excited .. looking forward.. posts ;) Stay safe..
    First LineageOS-15.0 ( Oreo ) build is up

What's working
    • Audio
    • RIL (Dual-Sim, Calls, SMS, Data)
    • Volte
    • Fingerprint Sensor ( Enrolment issue )
    • Wifi
    • Bluetooth
    • Video Playback
    What's not working
    • Camera
    • Permissive SELinux
    • Lineage-15.0 is new so there will be Lineage specific bugs.
    Screenshots
    TcBLEnY.png
    6iy1l7M.png
    sYxtfJe.png
    jpYMb4i.png
    oKUsKYv.png
    f4YUD1G.png
    KAEg67k.png
    vvlRYpP.png

Download Link Updated in OP
    Cheers